My personoal Dark Knight Rises armory

sleestak25

IMG_1805.JPGIMG_1373.JPGIMG_1643.JPGIMG_1747.JPGIMG_1748.JPGIMG_1752.JPGIMG_1758.JPGIMG_1767.JPGIMG_1773.JPGIMG_1801.JPGIMG_1803.JPGIMG_1806.JPGIMG_1804.JPG

Hello,

New to this forum. I just completed my Dark Knight Rises Armory and thought I'd share it. The Terminator is in the room adjacent from the Dark Knight. I built the entire armory behind him from scratch and ordered all the props online. I cut out the foam inserts and also built the platform. This is the first thing you see when you walk in from the garage! Let me know what you think. Eyeball and spot lighting gets installed next week!

Attachments

• IMG_1802.JPG
    IMG_1802.JPG
    103.6 KB · Views: 402
Last edited:
Sorry, I totally misunderstood. Thought you were talking about the suit for some reason. Must be midnight! I ordered the foam from foambymail.com

It's a firm type of foam that was solid enough for me to cut through to insert the props.

Looks great. Nicely done. Two thumbs up bro. How thick is the foam? Looks real clean.

Foam is two layers. One layer is 3 inches thick which is the layer I cut through to house the props. The other is 1.5 inch thick which is a solid piece. I had to cut through all 4.5 inches however to fit the cowl in the upper right corner.

As promised, here is the finished project with overhead eyeball LED dimmable lighting installed yesterday. Each light is only 1.5 inches wide so they worked perfectly to complete the display! Of course, I put my own personal touches on the armory such as an additional cowl and mag light but for the most part it's supposed to resemble TDK armory by Sideshow Collectables miniature scale (seen below) under the constraints of space I had to work with. The lighting was installed to replicate that of the miniature also. Funny enough, I'm really not that huge of a Batman fan but I did thoroughly enjoy building the armory to help complement the suit. Makes for a great conversation piece when guests come over.

IMG_2012.JPGIMG_2014.JPGIMG_2013.JPGIMG_2015.JPG1409690826115.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back