Astroboy's bandai millennium falcon..finished!

Is there anyone that could cast you a replacement part for that bit?

Nightmare situation Astro, but I'm sure you'll get something sorted

J

Ffff.... :eek:

You* could buy a second kit, clean up the break and make a donor for the rear. It would also get you spares for the other bits. Expensive, but you could use the rest of the kit to make a Jakku junkyard version with a tarp to cover the bits you stole!

(*your designer friend ;) )

So... what, he dropped it, then didn't bother to pick up and preserve the broken pieces?

Basically, we were going to use it in the china cabinet of an opera. The main character is a model maker and she wanted a melange of items. I had placed it on the table of items for her to look at and she just grabbed it without any form of grace. I didn't expect her to even pick it up. (Her arms were already full of an assortment of other things) I was about to put it in the china cabinet myself.

As soon as she picked it up, she dropped everything and parts went everywhere. Underneath furniture, etc... I looked for an hour with a flashlight and found everything except for a broken part of the back (in the pic)

Because this is a theatre, they eventually had to sweep/mop. But nothing was found. At this point, I will half to wait until we strike the furniture next week.

- - - Updated - - -

"You break it, you bought it." (Hands invoice)

It wasn't for sale!

Well, we struck the show yesterday and moved all the scenery....And I found the broken piece!

The only thing missing are two of those little bits on the rear engine flaps. Whatever they are

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

really loved this build. Did you use the decals provided for the panels? I didn't see you mention it?

Thanks!

No, I didn't use the decals at all. I generally didn't like the colours of them and they were too dark for the scale. I was really really trying to lighten the panel colours more than the studio build in order to make it look larger. Somebody smarter than I can explain that better

CRAP IN A HAT!

A designer I worked with just picked the falcon up off my desk and dropped it......Pieces everywhere...Broken...Missing...

I'm so pissed.

Curse those designers, always ruining things. :angry Seriously though, that really sucks. Hope she can be repaired!

Falcon? Sheesh, I wanna know more about this opera that has a main character who builds models....! Is there an aria about paint chipping techniques?

Falcon? Sheesh, I wanna know more about this opera that has a main character who builds models....! Is there an aria about paint chipping techniques?

The Opera is Imeneo by Handel. I totally aborted that ship model I was building. The director is a bit of a wild card and by time I was able to give them an unpainted model for rehearsal, he had the actors abusing the rehearsal prop ship so much that I told them they had to keep using that. There's no way my ship would have sirvined being buried in dirt on stage every night.

Well, we struck the show yesterday and moved all the scenery....And I found the broken piece!

The only thing missing are two of those little bits on the rear engine flaps. Whatever they are

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I think those flaps pieces actually have an extra 1 or 2

I remember there being a list of parts that were leftovers in the instructions (I know, because I was confused I had extra and meticulously combed over it) One of the extra bits is at least one flap

Curse you photobucket! I was sitting down to work on my bandai kit and this is one of my inspiration threads. Every. Picture. Broken.

So many threads destroyed...

astroboy I'm not sure if you even have all of these photos still, but it would be a huge service to a lot of people here if you could repost/fix them from the Photobucket disaster. I know I would greatly appreciate it!

SB

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back