Astroboy's bandai millennium falcon..finished!

Re: Astroboy's bandai millennium falcon...please critique

It is difficult to get the Falcon right. Yours looks pretty good, maybe a bit stark with the very defined steaks. Subtle, at least for my style, is the key to the Falcon.

Sent you a PM by the way....

It is difficult to get the Falcon right. Yours looks pretty good, maybe a bit stark with the very defined steaks. Subtle, at least for my style, is the key to the Falcon.

Sent you a PM by the way....
Thanks! I appreciate that! I'm at the cabin right now but I may give you a call next week. Like I say, I'm working in a vacuum here. I might even take some of my work into a local hobby shop to ask questions.

One thing I realize I should have done is to wear surgical gloves. I think they would help the cleanliness. When I use pigments, the excess gets everywhere.

I might try to pull some of the streaking back with some oils. UN white is a perfect falcon base color.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Started to streak the top a bit.

20160803_160002_zpstpfwe9d2.png

Thanks. Im really happy with my technique for streaking. However, the NEXT time I do it, I will use a laser level to keep the lines perfect. It isn't always easy to keep the array in line with the centre. And I didn't do nearly as many streaks as I wanted. But had to admit to myself that at this scale, you have to pull back.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

That looks really good, man.
Without your hand for a scale reference, I'd swear that was a 1:72.

GREAT JOB!!!

What I did to keep the streaks line perfect I used a piece of masking tape and then used the Tamiya weathering kit and did my streaks of course one side of the streak were the tape is will look too perfect but after your remove the tape you just soften it out, I used this technique on my old modified MPC shuttle Tydirium to get the correct scale streaks flowing all in the same direction. Heres the effect.

DSC04599.JPGDSC04600.JPGDSC04592.JPG

GREAT JOB!!!

What I did to keep the streaks line perfect I used a piece of masking tape and then used the Tamiya weathering kit and did my streaks of course one side of the streak were the tape is will look too perfect but after your remove the tape you just soften it out, I used this technique on my old modified MPC shuttle Tydirium to get the correct scale streaks flowing all in the same direction. Heres the effect.

View attachment 653134View attachment 653135View attachment 653136
Those look perfect!

My problem with the weathering kit is the applicator. I'm really happy that I found these little pointy q-tips

20160726_144644_zpszau8bag7.png

Those look perfect!

My problem with the weathering kit is the applicator. I'm really happy that I found these little pointy q-tips

http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j387/ianalbright/modeling/20160726_144644_zpszau8bag7.jpg

I know what you mean I don't use the applicator that comes in the kit, I use a tiny small round headed type of brush its really small and precise, you can achieve very tiny subtle streaks.

Okay, I'm finally done the model. I've spent about 8 months on this. (I work VERY rarely. Maybe two models a year)

I finished the sidewalls and ended with some very light spatter.

Only two questions left.
1. What should I do for a base?

2. How do I photograph this?

I would like to make a stand for this. Does anyone know where I can get a clear plastic rod? Maybe 6" long and .5" thick?

Well dang! That Falcon turned out great! Are you planning a diorama type base or a plaque type base?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back