Hopli's Soldier 76 Cosplay. - last update 27/08 - Gamescom pictures!!! - PIC heavy!

Re: Hopli's Soldier 76 Cosplay. - update 4/6 - quick test fit! - PIC heavy!

Hey guys, Finally got my gloves, got them painted asap, dyed my hair white and suited up for some complete pictures!!!

Enjoy!

XlSs4A3.jpg

cjgytUO.jpg

27IZXb8.jpg

iNYga0W.jpg

TQLthJF.jpg

9fsP0yq.jpg

IYvDUuZ.jpg

Dn2k1ck.jpg

Q1d01hB.jpg

URRkqse.jpg

xgRUu2T.jpg

Thx for watching!!

-Hopli-

Re: Hopli's Soldier 76 Cosplay. - update 26/6 - Finished pictures!!! - PIC heavy!

So cool ! Thank you for sharing this build

Re: Hopli's Soldier 76 Cosplay. - update 26/6 - Finished pictures!!! - PIC heavy!

Great stuff Hopli :)

- - - Updated - - -

This ones my fav

Heh thx LeClubNerd!!!! If I'm not mistaking that's one of the victory poses :)

I got some good reactions on reddit. Getting more confident. Hopefully there is still room in the contest :(

Heh thx LeClubNerd!!!! If I'm not mistaking that's one of the victory poses :)

I got some good reactions on reddit. Getting more confident. Hopefully there is still room in the contest :(
Have you contacted them? enter now. I was very lucky to get in Supanova, but i'm already registered in 2 more coming up... one seriousn one not. I'll pull out of the non serious one now. Better to apply for them all early and pull out tahn miss a spot in the one you want :)

Well, i only just read i could of applied with a Work in progress -.-. I was waiting to be finished. Anyway you have time until 1st of august. So I'm still a month early. Fingers crossed!

Conclusion time!

So yesterday was gamescom... D-day for this costume. It was allot of fun, but sooooooo hard. Hot in the costume, allot of standing and waiting, back ache's... All worth it in the end though.

40 people attended, one by one amazing cosplay's. Some really crazy. I didn't win but I got to stand on a blizzard stage and I got a nice goody bag with blizzard stuff as consolation prize.

Thank you everyone for the nice comments on this thread. And especially @LeClubNerd for helping me get trough this.

Here is the video of the show with a timestamp when i'm on stage:

EDIT: It looks like the time stamp is not working. I'm on at 7:30 minutes.

And some pictures:

NleM6NQ.jpg

9pHykOb.jpg

F2kBMYy.jpg

The scar went perfectly (thx again LeClubNerd).

Z4Un7QB.jpg

I have taken many many pictures with people there but haven't found any. So if you find some post them here if you can!

So this is the last update concerning the actual cosplay.

Thx!

-Hopli-

Attachments

• NleM6NQ.jpg
    NleM6NQ.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 67
  • NleM6NQ.jpg
    NleM6NQ.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 74
  • NleM6NQ.jpg
    NleM6NQ.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 59
  • 9pHykOb.jpg
    9pHykOb.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 65
  • 9pHykOb.jpg
    9pHykOb.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 60
  • 9pHykOb.jpg
    9pHykOb.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 60
  • F2kBMYy.jpg
    F2kBMYy.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 63
  • F2kBMYy.jpg
    F2kBMYy.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 67
  • F2kBMYy.jpg
    F2kBMYy.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 65
  • Z4Un7QB.jpg
    Z4Un7QB.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 68
  • Z4Un7QB.jpg
    Z4Un7QB.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 71
  • Z4Un7QB.jpg
    Z4Un7QB.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 70
Last edited by a moderator:

Man that is awesome :) well done, you look fantastic!
Conclusion time!

So yesterday was gamescom... D-day for this costume. It was allot of fun, but sooooooo hard. Hot in the costume, allot of standing and waiting, back ache's... All worth it in the end though.

40 people attended, one by one amazing cosplay's. Some really crazy. I didn't win but I got to stand on a blizzard stage and I got a nice goody bag with blizzard stuff as consolation prize.

Thank you everyone for the nice comments on this thread. And especially @LeClubNerd for helping me get trough this.

Here is the video of the show with a timestamp when i'm on stage:

EDIT: It looks like the time stamp is not working. I'm on at 7:30 minutes.

https://youtu.be/hFz621nIpc8?t=450

And some pictures:

http://i.imgur.com/NleM6NQ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/9pHykOb.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/F2kBMYy.jpg

The scar went perfectly (thx again LeClubNerd).

http://i.imgur.com/Z4Un7QB.jpg

I have taken many many pictures with people there but haven't found any. So if you find some post them here if you can!

So this is the last update concerning the actual cosplay.

Thx!

-Hopli-

As I was watching the participants walk past the cameras,I noticed that a lot of them seemed to be walking straight for the exit,as if they were shy or intimidated by the crowd.It felt more like a costume catwalk than a cosplay contest where you actually take over the role of your character.
Halfway down the contest,some of them finally seemed to get it and added a little roleplay to it,but nothing overwhelming compared to what I've seen before in other contests.
While I was watching them,I couldn't help myself saying:"C'mon,show them what you got! Put on a show,you have at least a minute or so...".
I have never cosplayed in a contest before myself,but it seemed like a missed opportunity for many,eventhough the costumes where awesome.
Just my impression.

Last edited:

As I was watching the participants walk past the cameras,I noticed that a lot of them seemed to be walking straight for the exit,as if they were shy or intimidated by the crowd.It felt more like a costume catwalk than a cosplay contest where you actually take over the role of your character.
Halfway down the contest,some of them finally seemed to get it and added a little roleplay to it,but nothing overwhelming compared to what I've seen before in other contests.
While I was watching them,I couldn't help myself saying:"C'mon,show them what you got! Put on a show,you have at least a minute or so...".
I have never cosplayed in a contest before myself,but it seemed like a missed opportunity for many,eventhough the costumes where awesome.
Just my impression.

There where strict rules, walk to A, turn, walk to the middle turn, walk to C turn and turn the jury. I forgot to turn to the jury -.-'. For many this was the first time as well. I was soooooooooooooo nervous. I'm already happy i didn't trip!

You did well,Hop :thumbsup next time you'll win this thing

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back