Hopli's Soldier 76 Cosplay. - last update 27/08 - Gamescom pictures!!! - PIC heavy!

Re: Hopli's Soldier 76 Cosplay. - update 21/05 - Mask done! - PIC heavy!

They look great man! :)

Thx again man :).

So,

Updates
I have some updates, small but updates nonetheless.

First of, I added the EL tape to the mask together with a 'mirror film'. The mirror film (normally used on your window to reduce sunlight etc) will block people from seeing trough the visor.

The reason for this: the EL tape is taped higher than my eyes so I can still see where it is safe to walk. Also it adds to the mystery of Soldier 76.

So I masked the visor with tape to make a new template, cut out the mirror film and tape it on a thin sheet of clear plastic (used for book binding).

oaa8nQA.jpg

cYdpPAB.jpg

Measure and tape on the EL wire.

vazspZT.jpg

V3GFnwK.jpg

I glued in the mirror visor to the red acrylic using three foam tabs. I forgot to take pictures. I only need to extend the power cables of the battery pack so I can stuff it somewhere. EL transistors make beeping noise so I don't want it anywhere near my ears.

9BXc0tD.jpg

t1oS3Fs.jpg

I also have been working on the apparel. The belt and pouch are done, the arm canisters are done (see last post). And the shoulder pouches are done!

x5vBWgi.jpg

FZ452Oz.jpg

So if i take the list with me..

-shoulder packs DONE
-canisters on the arm DONE
-belt with pouch, side-arm and canisters DONE, not done and DONE
-boots bought but not finished
-gloves not started
-neck balaclava (not sure if I'll wear one...) bought but not finished

Almost finished! Sewing stuff apart from gloves is as good as done. Only a small sidearm to craft and boot armor.

see ya soon!

-Hopli-

Re: Hopli's Soldier 76 Cosplay. - update 28/05 - Mask done! - PIC heavy!

Hey guys!!!!

Updatessssssssssss where getting close now!

First off: the sidearm. (the blurry one you can see in the picture above)

First a few layers of foam, and 30 min outside with my dremel:

PkB05bb.jpg

Plasti-dip (you know the drill):

zqLpAzF.jpg
h

Some weathering and in the leg holster:

SkEQmnE.jpg

WCaf2PU.jpg

That leaves only gloves and boots....... But instead of starting those i took a leap of faith....

I did surgery on my mask :s :s. It always looked to long, and it didn't have any profile on the side. It is a damn hard thing to make and even harder to make it look right. Same problem with my iron man helmet. Its soooooo hard to make it look right, not to big, no bobblehead, etc....

So I took a knife to the chin...

yNrSjdE.jpg

Re-attached it higher up and with the correct angle:

OLD (before surgery):

t1oS3Fs.jpg

9BXc0tD.jpg

NEW (after srugery):

bvSrn4V.jpg

PnpwBsz.jpg

t60xhTr.jpg

It looks sooooooooooooo much better, lots of stress though. I was really scared for messing it up, had to repaint a bit but it came out great!

Soon I'll have updates on the boots and gloves and a full suit up! Stay tuned.

-Hopli-

Re: Hopli's Soldier 76 Cosplay. - update 1/6 - Sidearm done! - PIC heavy!

It was good before and even better now. I know the bobble head effect heh.

It was good before and even better now. I know the bobble head effect heh.

Helm pieces are so annoying. Especially the enclosing ones -.-. How are you gonna make your hair white btw? I'm still thinking about that. Cause mine needs to be white aswell.... but only for 1 day.

Helm pieces are so annoying. Especially the enclosing ones -.-. How are you gonna make your hair white btw? I'm still thinking about that. Cause mine needs to be white aswell.... but only for 1 day.
I spoke to a guy who did a gentleman Rein recently and his beard and hair were usually as dark as mine but when he did his make up his beard was santa white and his hair was white to grey..considering the start point it was amazing. He said he used white hair spray with white hair chalk over the top. I'll try and find a photo for you.

Here ya go...

Gentleman Rein... here's a quote "and I used, hair chalk, hair spray and White face paint, thats what really made it white as my hairs very dark"
RtCELTS.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Again thx for the tips m8. I got some spray today. As soon as everything is ready I'm gonna give that a go.

Some small updates today.

Started the boots:

I decided that everything black would be the boot itself. And to only craft the 'armor' pieces. For attaching I used contact glue. It came right of the rubber rain boots.... So after thinking a bit I took my sander, 80 grid paper and just sanded the crap out of them. And guess what, glues perfectly, ain't never coming loose again.

Armor pieces:

(added worbla tabs to these ones just like the ref images)

dHRWfil.jpg

VPQQnOD.jpg

Sanding... They are dark green, hard to see on photo's but they are certainly NOT black. Left not sanded, right sanded.

sheJIYm.jpg

Test fit, i glued everything on except for the shin pieces, i'll have to find some 'moving' attachment for those.

U3FhUQK.jpg

Four quick coats of plasti-dip. Drying now... tomorrow paint!

IwsCUq1.jpg

So that leaves gloves. We tried sewing some this evening, its not gonna happen with our sewing skills. Straight lines sure, but gloves ... . So I'm going to buy myself some airsoft gloves that have padding in the right spots. This will help with a few things. Great fit, Breathing of my hand, easy to make.

I know this is not really 'creating your own cosplay' but apart from the jacket and gloves everything will be hand crafted. And the gloves i'll have to adjust and paint. So actually the jacket will be the only thing I have no doing in. But i don't mind, i wear the damn thing to work :p it had to be perfect.

So more updates soon!

-Hopli-

EDIT: o yeah I almost forgot, next to chin surgery I gave my mask a small nose job. Just a bit more profile. More and it would break. Its as perfect as i can get now.

Last edited:
Re: Hopli's Soldier 76 Cosplay. - update 3/6 - boots! - PIC heavy!

Looking great, hope the boots are comfy, Cons can be long with bad foot wear [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Hopli's Soldier 76 Cosplay. - update 3/6 - boots! - PIC heavy!

Loving the boots, they look great man

Thx. It went better than expected! Apparently you can glue everything as long as you sand the surface enough.

Looking great, hope the boots are comfy, Cons can be long with bad foot wear [emoji4]

Thx!!!! They are regular rain boots bit they fit nice and snug.

quick update

I did a quick test fit. Gloves not correct yet and hair not white but i'll get descent pics and video soon!
(Yes i'm a heden for vertical video sorry)

-hopli-

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopli's Soldier 76 Cosplay. - update 4/6 - quick test fit! - PIC heavy!

Ok... that's one of the best soldier cosplay I've seen[emoji44] [emoji106][emoji106]

Re: Hopli's Soldier 76 Cosplay. - update 4/6 - quick test fit! - PIC heavy!

Ok... that's one of the best soldier cosplay I've seen[emoji44] [emoji106][emoji106]

Thank you man!!!! I'm really happy with the result myself. I should get the gloves somewhere next week, paint them and be done. Some better pictures etc will follow then.

-Hopli-

Very nice! Time to practice your voicelines now :D

Very nice! Time to practice your voicelines now :D

Thank you!!!
Well now that I don't have any active projects anymore (for now) I found myself gaming again. And believe it or not I'm trying to remember as many voice lines as I can :p.

I ordered Airosft gloves that will fit best. Couldn't find them in Europe so it has to come from US. Hopefully I don't have to wait long. I want a full suit up and test run ASAP. Also want to do a decent photoshoot of some sort this time. Didn't do that with previous projects and I regret it.

I go to gamescom every year, and this time i'll attend the Blizzard GC costume contest. Shooting for Top 5! We'll see XD

-Hopli-

Hey guys, small update.

I've got the T-shirt done. S76 has this V-like shape on his collarbone (looks a bit like the wonder woman logo lol)

I've sewn velcro to the T-shirt so i can take the piece of foam of for washing.

Glued other half of velcro to the foam with contact cement.

Cj4ydY7.jpg

bf7XqnU.jpg

My gloves should be here soon (I HOPE! freaking usps...). When they arrive i'll paint them, paint the collarbone piece and do a full suit up with plenty of pictures!

-Hopli-

Heya Hopli, I found a vid of a soldier using the spray to make his hair white, i think this looks more legit than dying it like I did. :) here ya go https://www.facebook.com/zibartas/videos/1418328181581158/

Hey man! been a while since i've been here, kinda busy and such. Your suit looks amazing btw!!!!!.

I think I have the exact same spray so that looks promising. I had to order other gloves, from the UK this time, so I hope they arrive this week. If so i can finally finish everything, take some cool pic's and send in my application for the contest.

Thx for the vid!!!! I'm not that buffed though -.- is there a spray for that?

-Hopli-

So,

I ordered new ones yesterday, ... the first ones arrived this morning -.-. Well i guess i'll keep the second pair for a skin or other project lol. Anyway this meens full suit up pics etc will follow REALLYYYY SOOON!!!

-Hopli-

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back