The Unofficial Terminator 2 T-800 Builders Club

I haven't seen that one before. I'm working on reference photos and a pattern. In order to have one custom made by Magnoli.
How will you do the bullet holes??? Drill? :unsure

Been thinking about that. Worried that the drill will wind the leather around the bit. Would a Dremel work better? Not sure...

I like the look of the uninterrupted, clear back panel of the jacket, so almost would rather NOT put bullet holes in there. But I will. I think if you counted the number of rounds the T-1000 fires at Arnie's back (mall, Pescadero, etc.) there would be be a LOT - far more than shown in the garage scene where the light is shining through.

Been thinking about that. Worried that the drill will wind the leather around the bit. Would a Dremel work better? Not sure...

I like the look of the uninterrupted, clear back panel of the jacket, so almost would rather NOT put bullet holes in there. But I will. I think if you counted the number of rounds the T-1000 fires at Arnie's back (mall, Pescadero, etc.) there would be be a LOT - far more than shown in the garage scene where the light is shining through.

I'm thinking about using my dremel, worked great for my gloves:
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=209286&page=3&p=4081168&viewfull=1#post4081168

I have reference photos of the jackets used for the film that I will try and copy.

Does it hurt when you get shot?

If I had access to a real Beretta I would just use that :lol well maybe. Not sure if it would be accurate enough :p

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=209286&page=3&p=4081168&viewfull=1#post4081168

I have reference photos of the jackets used for the film that I will try and copy.

If I had access to a real Beretta I would just use that :lol well maybe. Not sure if it would be accurate enough :p

In terms if aim...!? Or the type of hole? :cool

Funny - in the mall sequence, there are some great stills showing the number and pattern of bullet holes, but they are more like large, rough tears, due to the squibs used. So not accurate at all in that sense!

Fold the jacket into quarters in the spot you want a hol and cut a half circle.. open it and it's nice and round. That's how I did all mine. Works great.

Regards
T
A
Z

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The headers are not aligned based on my clumsy posting... XL is a 27" sleeve, 52" chest, 19.5" shoulder width, and 50" waist.

Ahh thats seems better, thank you.

I'm no garment expert, but the problem with fitting Arnie with off-the-shelf sizes is (clearly) accommodating for his musculature.

Example: to get a pair of pants that fit the quads on my figure properly, I had to get a waist that was in the 38" - 40" range. So the waist is bigger than it should be simply to get the extra size in the legs.

I think the jacket may present a similar issue.

The 52" chest of the XL is probably just about right on (if he was at 57" at competition max). But the 50" waist on the XL, plus the additional shoulder-to-waist length of the jacket, make it too big. Bottom edge of the jacket should be only an inch or two below the pants waist, but on my figure (which already is too tall at 6'1"), the XL drops about 3". Plus the arms of the XL are about 1/2" too long for ME, and I am 6'4".

Honestly, I think the Medium may capture the "just-slightly-undersized" look I'm going for. 26" sleeves would be just about right. a 44" chest would be too small, but so were the screen-used jackets; unable to zip up. The 18.5 shoulder width may be a tad too small, but the 42" waist should also be about right.

Again, though, I'm not a tailor. Not sure how a jacket waist measurement should compare to a pants waist. Should the be the same or similar?

So these seem way bigger than sizes from other manufactures. My wife bought be jacket a few years ago and it is XL to fit me, but looking at this even M might be too big,

Yes Arnold was HUGE in the 1980s. Last year I got to meet Vernon Wells who played Bennet in Commando. I got to have a really good chat to Wells about Commando (and some stuff that happened in Mad Max 2) and he told me Arnold gave him the combat vest he wore in the film after shooting had wrapped. That vest has 28" arm holes and 58" chest.

If you were to use a real 9mm or .45, you would need "wad cutters" not parabellum rounds.

Ahh thats seems better, thank you.

So these seem way bigger than sizes from other manufactures. My wife bought be jacket a few years ago and it is XL to fit me, but looking at this even M might be too big,

Yes Arnold was HUGE in the 1980s. Last year I got to meet Vernon Wells who played Bennet in Commando. I got to have a really good chat to Wells about Commando (and some stuff that happened in Mad Max 2) and he told me Arnold gave him the combat vest he wore in the film after shooting had wrapped. That vest has 28" arm holes and 58" chest.

Yup - so right now I have both a Medium and a Large on order...

Wad cutters are used by many target shooters because of the nice clean hole they make in the targets. Easy to see what you hit.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Wad cutters are used by many target shooters because of the nice clean hole they make in the targets. Easy to see what you hit.

I've only ever used "normal" looking bullets and those regular air rife ones.

These holes don't look all that "nice and clean"
DesiT2_4.jpg

Anyone know how to make the seams so white? :unsure

It depends on what they used in the first place.

The white is extreme wear where all the top layer of the leather (the smooth skin) has been abraded off and this now down the under layers.

It depends on what they used in the first place.

The white is extreme wear where all the top layer of the leather (the smooth skin) has been abraded off and this now down the under layers.

I have seen that on plenty of real biker jackets. And even on a few new (pre-distressed)jackets. I have tried to replicate it, unsuccessfully :(

I have seen that on plenty of real biker jackets. And even on a few new (pre-distressed)jackets. I have tried to replicate it, unsuccessfully :(

I just used some sandpaper to get it looking nice and distressed like in the above picture and it worked perfect. I wonder if it depends on the type of leather that you are using?

The dye on the surface is almost a paint. Scrape that off and you are back to bare leather.

Yes sand paper will work.

Last edited:
The dye on the surface is almost a paint. Scrape that off and you are back to bare leather.

Yes sand paper will work.

I've tried sandpaper, dremel even... after all that I hit it with acetone using a cotton swab and all I got was dark grey :facepalm

HFV2B6Y.jpg

Bates' leather is a tough nut to crack it seems :(

I just used some sandpaper to get it looking nice and distressed like in the above picture and it worked perfect. I wonder if it depends on the type of leather that you are using?

That sounds both logical and very plausible.

Sometimes it takes time and actual wear.
6947bac22d1127177c816b62075e5eba.jpg

If this is the distressed look you are looking for, that is years of wear and tear.
I heard that sometime the prop/costume masters even drag items behind a car to "age" them.
Not sure I would want to drag $450 jacket behind a car.

Sometimes it takes time and actual wear.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170130/6947bac22d1127177c816b62075e5eba.jpg
If this is the distressed look you are looking for, that is years of wear and tear.
I heard that sometime the prop/costume masters even drag items behind a car to "age" them.
Not sure I would want to drag $450 jacket behind a car.

And the Bates jacket costs a lot more than $450, so that's a big "no no" in my opinion :lol

And the Bates jacket costs a lot more than $450, so that's a big "no no" in my opinion :lol

My jacket is the same type worn by Sarah in T5 with those dumb epaulets and some extra cosmetic stitching. That thing only cost $120 and wouldn't even weather it.

My jacket is the same type worn by Sarah in T5 with those dumb epaulets and some extra cosmetic stitching. That thing only cost $120 and wouldn't even weather it.

Another thing that is nothing like the original films, now everything is shiny, fresh, new and polished.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back