The Unofficial Terminator 2 T-800 Builders Club

I recently commissioned a guy here on the forum to make me the sling buckle out of aluminum, my CG mock up:

and the finished results, I have only polished one side so far:

G'day mate,

The buckles were from a racing harness I believe. I could be wrong but it was from a 4,5 or six point harness lol the rest of the bandolier was a custom sew jobbie. T2FS used to make a brilliant one. Try him for more info.

Regards
T
A
Z
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Racing harness, parachuting harness, probably used for other things as well :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I recently commissioned a guy here on the forum to make me the sling buckle out of aluminum, my CG mock up:

Aluminium is light, though I would have thought racing harness parts would be either Stainless Steel or chromed steel.

Would you share how thick part is and what are the slot dimensions?

Aluminium is light, though I would have thought racing harness parts would be either Stainless Steel or chromed steel.

Would you share how thick part is and what are the slot dimensions?

The grenade sling has two buckles, both types can be seen here: http://corbeau.com/media/catalog/pr...525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/5/-/5-point-web-01.jpg

This one is 3 millimeters and my old one is 5 mm, I thought was a little thick. Which is why I went with 3 mm. I'll have to check on the slots to be sure and get back to you :)

The other one looks more like this one: http://www.braumracing.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/BRH-PUS5_4.jpg
Not the exact same but they look roughly the same.

Nearing completion on the chest piece...

IMG_6790.JPG

IMG_6791.JPG

IMG_6793.JPG

IMG_6804.JPG

Still have some work to do. Will go at it with some black pastel chalk powder to dirty up the flesh. Need to add a few more drips and blotches of blood.

My chest piece is a slightly customized version of QuartZ's sculpt (rare - not many statues use if, if any). Dana sculpted a very thin layer of flesh down by the belly area. I bulked that up with Sculpy, cured with a heat gun. Took the torn flesh from about 1/4 - 1/2 inch to about 1 full inch thick.

The PH statues are closer to 1.5 - 2 inches thick:
HPIM2811.jpg

Last edited:
Looks disgusting - so job well done :)

Cool - that's what I want to hear!

I really struggle with adding the dripping blood and making it look realistic/ natural and not painted on. Just not a technique I'm great at. So if there is anything in there that screams "Fake!", don't be shy in letting me know.

Also, on the bullet holes, how does the body react when hit by a bullet? I mean - does the blood splatter around the hole? Is there a bit of a fine mist of blood spray around the bullet hole? Should there be blood dripping from these?

- - - Updated - - -

Love it mate!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks Taz!

Cool - that's what I want to hear!

I really struggle with adding the dripping blood and making it look realistic/ natural and not painted on. Just not a technique I'm great at. So if there is anything in there that screams "Fake!", don't be shy in letting me know.

Also, on the bullet holes, how does the body react when hit by a bullet? I mean - does the blood splatter around the hole? Is there a bit of a fine mist of blood spray around the bullet hole? Should there be blood dripping from these?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Taz!

Another great technique: https://youtu.be/JsGCcMA66qk?t=1m19s
Even better when it's even more diluted and done 3-4 times with different shades of red. Blood can look almost like black oil. This would be for the chrome part, even better if you let it run
Non-gory example:
paintexample.jpg

Do a Google image search for gun shot wounds, there are plenty of real life examples. I do not recommend doing so while eating something ;)
But essentially: blood splatter, not so much.
Bruising is always good to add. But then the question is what are you aiming for, "real life" or movie prop accuracy :)

But then the question is what are you aiming for, "real life" or movie prop accuracy :)

That's a great question, because the original prosthetics didn't really naturally follow the damage the character sustained, and the Planet Hollywood statues (which I'm trying to emulate) are not hyper-real either.

I think what I have so far sort of hits that mark. I hope so, anyway...

Thanks for the feedback!

By the way - ordered the jacket finally (still on the way). Went with the F&H (Flesh & Hide) jacket found on Amazon. Closest cheap version I could find, having the zippers and small pocket on the left side of the jacket roughly similar (opposed to totally wrong on most so-call T2 jackets).

That's a great question, because the original prosthetics didn't really naturally follow the damage the character sustained, and the Planet Hollywood statues (which I'm trying to emulate) are not hyper-real either.

I think what I have so far sort of hits that mark. I hope so, anyway...

Thanks for the feedback!

By the way - ordered the jacket finally (still on the way). Went with the F&H (Flesh & Hide) jacket found on Amazon. Closest cheap version I could find, having the zippers and small pocket on the left side of the jacket roughly similar (opposed to totally wrong on most so-call T2 jackets).

You're very welcome :)

That jacket is a hell of a lot cheaper than buying one from Bates, that is for sure ;)

You should be proud, especially if you compare your work to the Terminator that Madame tussauds London has. That thing is a joke:
https://farm6.static.flickr.com/5539/31103391906_390debdff1_b.jpg
https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/arn...ax-statue-madame-tussauds-london-36321155.jpg

So pat yourself on the back :D

You're very welcome :)

That jacket is a hell of a lot cheaper than buying one from Bates, that is for sure ;)

You should be proud, especially if you compare your work to the Terminator that Madame tussauds London has. That thing is a joke:
https://farm6.static.flickr.com/5539/31103391906_390debdff1_b.jpg
https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/arn...ax-statue-madame-tussauds-london-36321155.jpg

So pat yourself on the back :D

OK now my eyes hurt!

Thanks for the comps!

Looking forward to receiving the jacket. I plan to wear it around town for a while (prior to ripping off the sleeve), and allowing it to naturally age and break in, but at the same time, slowly and steadily age it creatively. Will be interesting wearing a bullet-hole ridden jacket around town...!

Jacket arrived today, but was too big...

The leather was a very good quality - better than the "purse leather" or "couch leather" pants, and the placement of all the zippers and pockets is reasonably close to the Bates jacket.

I ordered the XL, which again is too big. The screen-used jackets were actually sized a bit small for Arnie, and he's only 5'11". So I will order both a large and a medium, and decide which is best after assessing in person. Then will return two back. F&H was great on the purchase; hope the return(s) will go well too.

FYI - F&H sizing:
Sleeve length
(in inches)
Chest
(in inches)
Shoulder width
(in inches)
Waist
(in inches)
MM264418.542
LL26.5481946
XLXL275219.550

Last edited:
Jacket arrived today, but was too big...

The leather was a very good quality - better than the "purse leather" or "couch leather" pants, and the placement of all the zippers and pockets is reasonably close to the Bates jacket.

I ordered the XL, which again is too big. The screen-used jackets were actually sized a bit small for Arnie, and he's only 5'11". So I will order both a large adn a medium, and decide which is best after assessing in person. Then will return two back. F&H was great on the purchase; hope the return(s) will go well too.

FYI - F&H sizing:

Also if you want a more accurate jacket I'd recommend this one:
http://www.topgun-leather.com/product.sc?productId=3&categoryId=1

Though it is more expensive.

Madame's Terminator is so bad, even the "Superman-pose" is awful :facepalm

Is that chart right?

I'd be XL. Where do they measure the chest at 27 Vs 52 inches?

The headers are not aligned based on my clumsy posting... XL is a 27" sleeve, 52" chest, 19.5" shoulder width, and 50" waist.

I'm no garment expert, but the problem with fitting Arnie with off-the-shelf sizes is (clearly) accommodating for his musculature.

Example: to get a pair of pants that fit the quads on my figure properly, I had to get a waist that was in the 38" - 40" range. So the waist is bigger than it should be simply to get the extra size in the legs.

I think the jacket may present a similar issue.

The 52" chest of the XL is probably just about right on (if he was at 57" at competition max). But the 50" waist on the XL, plus the additional shoulder-to-waist length of the jacket, make it too big. Bottom edge of the jacket should be only an inch or two below the pants waist, but on my figure (which already is too tall at 6'1"), the XL drops about 3". Plus the arms of the XL are about 1/2" too long for ME, and I am 6'4".

Honestly, I think the Medium may capture the "just-slightly-undersized" look I'm going for. 26" sleeves would be just about right. a 44" chest would be too small, but so were the screen-used jackets; unable to zip up. The 18.5 shoulder width may be a tad too small, but the 42" waist should also be about right.

Again, though, I'm not a tailor. Not sure how a jacket waist measurement should compare to a pants waist. Should the be the same or similar?

Last edited:
Also if you want a more accurate jacket I'd recommend this one:
http://www.topgun-leather.com/product.sc?productId=3&categoryId=1

Though it is more expensive.

That one does look good. It has the correct arc on the "patch" on the left side (that the small pocket is on top of) and that zipper in about the right spot. It also has the "duck-tail" (arced bottom edge of the back of the jacket) that the Bates jackets have. The F&H is straight across the bottom in back. There is one other company that offers these matching features closely resembling the screen-used versions, but it too is in the $400+ range.

Last edited:
That one does look good. It has the correct are on the "patch" on the left side (that the small pocket is on top of) and that zipper in about the right spot. It also has the "duck-tail" (arced bottom edge of the back of the jacket) that the Bates jackets have. The F&H is straight across the bottom in back. There is one other company that offers these matching features closely resembling the screen-used versions, but it too is in the $400+ range.

I haven't seen that one before. I'm working on reference photos and a pattern. In order to have one custom made by Magnoli.
How will you do the bullet holes??? Drill? :unsure

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back