Rogue One: Diego Luna/Cassian Andor Blaster

Nice. I did a low tech version of what you did. I 3D printed the tip with a 10 sided flat surface and the vents. Then bolted it to a drill and sanded it down to a smooth cylinder.

Speaking of which, is that the number you came up with for how many side vents to use? 10?

Hi Faroth- Would you be open to sharing the 3d files for your barrel? I am in the process of modifying the nerf blaster and hate the barrel. Its not really the best excuse to buy a lathe though. If I can get away with printing that would be great.

Hi Faroth- Would you be open to sharing the 3d files for your barrel? I am in the process of modifying the nerf blaster and hate the barrel. Its not really the best excuse to buy a lathe though. If I can get away with printing that would be great.

Sure. Mine was made for the 1 to 1 scale airsoft rifle that I used for the base, so this may be a bit large but you should be able to easily scale it down.
I found the nerf blaster barrel odd. They got a lot of other little details right on the gun then they make the barrel completely different. They probably were working on artists sketches made long before the movie props were set.

Anyway, You can find all the STl files on my thingiverse page.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2069111

Let me know if you have any questions, and post your version when you are done too!

Sure. Mine was made for the 1 to 1 scale airsoft rifle that I used for the base, so this may be a bit large but you should be able to easily scale it down.
I found the nerf blaster barrel odd. They got a lot of other little details right on the gun then they make the barrel completely different. They probably were working on artists sketches made long before the movie props were set.

Anyway, You can find all the STl files on my thingiverse page.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2069111

Let me know if you have any questions, and post your version when you are done too!

Awesome! I love how you designed the barrel with the internal tubes. I wish more people did this. I will for sure post pics. Do you have an instagram or anything so I can give you credit/shout out for the barrel?

I have been working on this for a while as well.
Has anyone addressed the red button on top of the scope rail. I looks like the blanking caps used on lightsabers.

Any thoughts?

This is the only pic I have seen it in, but most pics have the full rifle and it is an official pic as opposed to a lot of the artwork on in-store displays and boxes.

cassian-andorpng.png?dpr=1.jpg

I have been working on this for a while as well.
Has anyone addressed the red button on top of the scope rail. I looks like the blanking caps used on lightsabers.

Any thoughts?

This is the only pic I have seen it in, but most pics have the full rifle and it is an official pic as opposed to a lot of the artwork on in-store displays and boxes.

https://fsmedia.imgix.net/72/2b/c3/...ndorpng.png?dpr=1.5&auto=format,compress&q=75

I wondered about that myself. That is the only picture the red "light" shows up in. As far as I can tell, I believe it is a red cap to one of the pen tool thingies he has in his left shoulder. So whatever the red thing is, it is behind the gun, not on it.

Red_Light.jpg

HI All, New here. Love it.
my first contribution is that I recognise the front half of the greeblies on the blaster. They are the interchangeable tip from a pop rivet gun. When you change rivet size you unscrew the tip and replace it with the right size.
Haven't found the exact make but will work on it.

Finally finished with mine. I used the nerf blaster as my base and 3d printed the barrel that Faroth provided. I am fairly happy with it but after taking a pic I noticed all the flaws, especially the color mismatching between the barrel and the receiver. I thought the two different colors of the barrel and receiver would look good and make sense because of how this gun functions but now looking at it closely, I dont like it.

IMG_20170204_115057_421.jpg

IMG_20170204_115057_421.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally finished with mine. I used the nerf blaster as my base and 3d printed the barrel that Faroth provided. I am fairly happy with it but after taking a pic I noticed all the flaws, especially the color mismatching between the barrel and the receiver. I thought the two different colors of the barrel and receiver would look good and make sense because of how this gun functions but now looking at it closely, I dont like it.

View attachment 704161

That is pretty cool! Just adding the different barrel helps a lot (Nerf barrel is way off and it throws the whole look) Just remember, as the maker you see all the flaws, but so many other people are going to be jealous and wonder how the heck you did that.

Here is mine complete using a toy machine gun form walmart and Faroth's barrel and greebie files. I wish the
machine gun base I used was a bit closer to the correct gun.

IMG_0529.jpg

I apologise if this has already been discussed, but I was curious about this blaster that Cassian uses to blast Krennic.

295453b4c498548471c62fada6c59b85.jpg

10ed061f3f136c76f73818cf6ac1608f.jpg

17790820fe9f1712b412386ce7673136.jpg

I kinda like it!

After looking at some Five-Seven images, I'm pretty convinced that's what was used as the base for this blaster.

Has anybody got good reference on this little holdout blaster? I believe it was also used towards the start of the film when Cassian meets up with the informant.

I have built several ar's from parts from ground up and have found 3d printer parts for lowers uppers and the barrel and greeblies on the sides. Printed the barrel of abs last night, the greeblies are printing now and have to get industrious over the weekend to do the upper and or lower as they take over 10hrs each to print and I don't want to leave them printing unsupervised if something starts going wrong. Will post pics as the parts roll out.

Anyone have a shot of the butt of the upper where the buffer tube normally attaches, looks like a bracket with some dove tail slots in it, don't recognize it as anything for say a .22 ar conversion which does not need the buffer to function.

Sharp_07.jpg
Anyone have a shot of the butt of the upper where the buffer tube normally attaches, looks like a bracket with some dove tail slots in it, don't recognize it as anything for say a .22 ar conversion which does not need the buffer to function.

The movie prop was made from an airsoft rifle that had a slide on back clip like the picture above. Unfortunately I can find airsoft rifles with the correct back clip, but the wrong rightside detail. Or I can find airsoft rifles with the correct right side detail but no back clip.

Still have not found what exact brand airsoft rifle they used.

i put a "close to movie" 3d print up on thingaverse. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2371730

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back