Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Subscribe
  1. Jan 28, 2017, 1:27 AM - Re: Rogue One: Diego Luna/Cassian Andor Blaster #101

wondersquid said: View Post
    I did, but when I wrapped it, the diameter was off, so I have 9 vents, it's weird, but it looks like it might be right.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Wrong reply. sorry.
  2. Jan 28, 2017, 11:32 AM - Re: Rogue One: Diego Luna/Cassian Andor Blaster #102

Faroth said: View Post
    Nice. I did a low tech version of what you did. I 3D printed the tip with a 10 sided flat surface and the vents. Then bolted it to a drill and sanded it down to a smooth cylinder.

Speaking of which, is that the number you came up with for how many side vents to use? 10?
    Hi Faroth- Would you be open to sharing the 3d files for your barrel? I am in the process of modifying the nerf blaster and hate the barrel. Its not really the best excuse to buy a lathe though. If I can get away with printing that would be great.
    From
    Green Bay, WI
    Jan 28, 2017, 12:52 PM - Re: Rogue One: Diego Luna/Cassian Andor Blaster #103

zanefielding said: View Post
    Hi Faroth- Would you be open to sharing the 3d files for your barrel? I am in the process of modifying the nerf blaster and hate the barrel. Its not really the best excuse to buy a lathe though. If I can get away with printing that would be great.
    Sure. Mine was made for the 1 to 1 scale airsoft rifle that I used for the base, so this may be a bit large but you should be able to easily scale it down.
    I found the nerf blaster barrel odd. They got a lot of other little details right on the gun then they make the barrel completely different. They probably were working on artists sketches made long before the movie props were set.

Anyway, You can find all the STl files on my thingiverse page.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2069111

Let me know if you have any questions, and post your version when you are done too!
  4. Jan 28, 2017, 9:06 PM - Re: Rogue One: Diego Luna/Cassian Andor Blaster #104

Sure. Mine was made for the 1 to 1 scale airsoft rifle that I used for the base, so this may be a bit large but you should be able to easily scale it down.
    I found the nerf blaster barrel odd. They got a lot of other little details right on the gun then they make the barrel completely different. They probably were working on artists sketches made long before the movie props were set.

Anyway, You can find all the STl files on my thingiverse page.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2069111

Let me know if you have any questions, and post your version when you are done too!
    Awesome! I love how you designed the barrel with the internal tubes. I wish more people did this. I will for sure post pics. Do you have an instagram or anything so I can give you credit/shout out for the barrel?
    Jan 29, 2017, 9:00 AM - Re: Rogue One: Diego Luna/Cassian Andor Blaster #105

I have been working on this for a while as well.
    Has anyone addressed the red button on top of the scope rail. I looks like the blanking caps used on lightsabers.

Any thoughts?

This is the only pic I have seen it in, but most pics have the full rifle and it is an official pic as opposed to a lot of the artwork on in-store displays and boxes.

From
    New Hampshire, USA
    Jan 29, 2017, 9:21 AM - Re: Rogue One: Diego Luna/Cassian Andor Blaster #106

I just realized Cassian, Jyn, Rey...no scopes. How unStarWarsy!
    From
    Green Bay, WI
    Jan 29, 2017, 10:47 PM - Re: Rogue One: Diego Luna/Cassian Andor Blaster #107

Sillof said: View Post
    I have been working on this for a while as well.
    Has anyone addressed the red button on top of the scope rail. I looks like the blanking caps used on lightsabers.

Any thoughts?

This is the only pic I have seen it in, but most pics have the full rifle and it is an official pic as opposed to a lot of the artwork on in-store displays and boxes.

https://fsmedia.imgix.net/72/2b/c3/2...,compress&q=75
    I wondered about that myself. That is the only picture the red "light" shows up in. As far as I can tell, I believe it is a red cap to one of the pen tool thingies he has in his left shoulder. So whatever the red thing is, it is behind the gun, not on it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Red_Light.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	73.5 KB 
ID:	702480
    Jan 30, 2017, 5:58 PM - Re: Rogue One: Diego Luna/Cassian Andor Blaster #108

That makes sense. Nice catch.

I wondered about that myself. That is the only picture the red "light" shows up in. As far as I can tell, I believe it is a red cap to one of the pen tool thingies he has in his left shoulder. So whatever the red thing is, it is behind the gun, not on it.

Name:	Red_Light.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	73.5 KB 
ID:	702480
    From
    Los Angeles, CA
    Jan 31, 2017, 4:22 PM - Re: Rogue One: Diego Luna/Cassian Andor Blaster #109

Apologies for the blatantly obvious post, but the pistol grip on this AR15/M4 build is a standard A2 pistol grip with the built in ergo tooth. A lot of airsoft rifles come with this ergo tooth, including the Krytac Trident Mk1. Literally the cheapest grip on the market these days.

I found a really close one here: http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/A2-Pi...-grip-blck.htm

Name:	A2-Grip-Blck-2T.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	25.3 KB 
ID:	703087
  10. Member Since
    Feb 2017
    Feb 3, 2017, 8:59 AM - Re: Rogue One: Diego Luna/Cassian Andor Blaster #110

HI All, New here. Love it.
    my first contribution is that I recognise the front half of the greeblies on the blaster. They are the interchangeable tip from a pop rivet gun. When you change rivet size you unscrew the tip and replace it with the right size.
    Haven't found the exact make but will work on it.

11. Feb 4, 2017, 7:12 PM - Re: Rogue One: Diego Luna/Cassian Andor Blaster #111

Finally finished with mine. I used the nerf blaster as my base and 3d printed the barrel that Faroth provided. I am fairly happy with it but after taking a pic I noticed all the flaws, especially the color mismatching between the barrel and the receiver. I thought the two different colors of the barrel and receiver would look good and make sense because of how this gun functions but now looking at it closely, I dont like it.

Name:	IMG_20170204_115057_421.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	704161
    From
    Green Bay, WI
    Feb 4, 2017, 11:28 PM - Re: Rogue One: Diego Luna/Cassian Andor Blaster #112

zanefielding said: View Post
    Finally finished with mine. I used the nerf blaster as my base and 3d printed the barrel that Faroth provided. I am fairly happy with it but after taking a pic I noticed all the flaws, especially the color mismatching between the barrel and the receiver. I thought the two different colors of the barrel and receiver would look good and make sense because of how this gun functions but now looking at it closely, I dont like it.

Name:	IMG_20170204_115057_421.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	704161
    That is pretty cool! Just adding the different barrel helps a lot (Nerf barrel is way off and it throws the whole look) Just remember, as the maker you see all the flaws, but so many other people are going to be jealous and wonder how the heck you did that.
    From
    Tampa, FL
    Mar 6, 2017, 11:31 PM - Re: Rogue One: Diego Luna/Cassian Andor Blaster #113

Here is mine complete using a toy machine gun form walmart and @Faroth's barrel and greebie files. I wish the
    machine gun base I used was a bit closer to the correct gun.

Name:	IMG_0529.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	1.83 MB 
ID:	712327
    Last edited by Unfated; Mar 7, 2017 at 8:42 AM.
    From
    Atlanta, GA
    Mar 19, 2017, 9:33 AM - Re: Rogue One: Diego Luna/Cassian Andor Blaster #114

I apologise if this has already been discussed, but I was curious about this blaster that Cassian uses to blast Krennic.

I kinda like it!

After looking at some Five-Seven images, I'm pretty convinced that's what was used as the base for this blaster.

Has anybody got good reference on this little holdout blaster? I believe it was also used towards the start of the film when Cassian meets up with the informant.
    From
    Texas
    Mar 21, 2017, 8:46 PM - Re: Rogue One: Diego Luna/Cassian Andor Blaster #115

I have built several ar's from parts from ground up and have found 3d printer parts for lowers uppers and the barrel and greeblies on the sides. Printed the barrel of abs last night, the greeblies are printing now and have to get industrious over the weekend to do the upper and or lower as they take over 10hrs each to print and I don't want to leave them printing unsupervised if something starts going wrong. Will post pics as the parts roll out.
    From
    Texas
    Mar 21, 2017, 9:03 PM - Re: Rogue One: Diego Luna/Cassian Andor Blaster #116

Anyone have a shot of the butt of the upper where the buffer tube normally attaches, looks like a bracket with some dove tail slots in it, don't recognize it as anything for say a .22 ar conversion which does not need the buffer to function.
    From
    Green Bay, WI
    3 Weeks Ago  Jun 7, 2017, 2:48 PM - Re: Rogue One: Diego Luna/Cassian Andor Blaster #117

Name:	Sharp_07.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	199.4 KB 
ID:	734593
    Great_Bizarro said: View Post
    Anyone have a shot of the butt of the upper where the buffer tube normally attaches, looks like a bracket with some dove tail slots in it, don't recognize it as anything for say a .22 ar conversion which does not need the buffer to function.
    The movie prop was made from an airsoft rifle that had a slide on back clip like the picture above. Unfortunately I can find airsoft rifles with the correct back clip, but the wrong rightside detail. Or I can find airsoft rifles with the correct right side detail but no back clip.

Still have not found what exact brand airsoft rifle they used.

i put a "close to movie" 3d print up on thingaverse. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2371730