Most Accurate Looking Stormtrooper Armor?

I was 8 too... what those eyes saw and what it turned out to be up close as the real props are worlds apart. I'd take idealized, 'cause that captures the magic that reality has never been able to duplicate. But others' points are valid as well...

For me the magic is there even if you see the warts and dents. I like knowing as much as possible about the props I'm interested in. That's why Star Wars for me will always have that used universe look and feel, Star Wars was not shiny and idealized. I enjoy the classic armors and helmets, the rough blasters with crude greeblies attached to them, lightsabers that are made from rough real world parts etc. I like collecting props that look and feel the way they were made back then. I understand people liking idealized stuff, like the Master Replicas shiny props, but the real parts/greeblies and the wonkiness present on he original props get me deeper in the SW universe and also closer to the talented ILM artists who created it like that (with or without intention)

I agree on the part with the real part props, like sabers, macros, blasters.......

But i can´t extend that feeling on not real but fabricated parts, like the troopers armor. It had it´s magic as a child, seeing them in the cinema, but since being in this hobby, seeing them in screencaps, HD, ...... i can´t look at them the same anymore. The only feel i get out of them now is sadness cause they look that bad.

I agree on the part with the real part props, like sabers, macros, blasters.......

But i can´t extend that feeling on not real but fabricated parts, like the troopers armor. It had it´s magic as a child, seeing them in the cinema, but since being in this hobby, seeing them in screencaps, HD, ...... i can´t look at them the same anymore. The only feel i get out of them now is sadness cause they look that bad.

For me they are all props, and an intricate part of SW.

For me the magic is there even if you see the warts and dents. I like knowing as much as possible about the props I'm interested in. That's why Star Wars for me will always have that used universe look and feel, Star Wars was not shiny and idealized. I enjoy the classic armors and helmets, the rough blasters with crude greeblies attached to them, lightsabers that are made from rough real world parts etc. I like collecting props that look and feel the way they were made back then. I understand people liking idealized stuff, like the Master Replicas shiny props, but the real parts/greeblies and the wonkiness present on he original props get me deeper in the SW universe and also closer to the talented ILM artists who created it like that (with or without intention)

If an exact cast is made of the 40 year old "set for stun" helmets the cast will have more roughness than the helmets had in 1976. That is not accurate to the props as they were in the movie.

If an exact cast is made of the 40 year old "set for stun" helmets the cast will have more roughness than the helmets had in 1976. That is not accurate to the props as they were in the movie.

Still more accurate than most other helmets for sale

Only the lineage.

The real accuracy depends on the amount of additional happened damage and warpage. Enough of that can easily bring any formerly accurate part way behind others.

Take a look at http://www.starwarshelmets.com/original-ANH-Stunt-Stormtrooper-armor-helmets.htm. The "set for stun" helmets look to be in much worse condition in the more recent photos compared to the film screenshots.

I never said the props didn't get worse with age, they most certainly did. I simply said, they were already dinged up in the movies - and with chipped paint. Even the mic tips were in 35 different directions. It's noticeable.

A screen capture of Mr. No Stripes from your linked page:

ANH_HD_stunt10.jpg

This screen cap of "You Wait Here", you can see paint chips and marks around the edges of the voice mic tips and voice coder edges - but when he turns around, the paint chips on the back of the tube are much more prevalent.

original-stunt-stormtrooper-helmet.jpg

A few seconds later, there are those paint chips.

28060096410_fa3e33e5df_b.jpg

Another Leia Tantive scene I mentioned before. Check out the mic tips on the back left STer. Look at the paint chips and dings on the right ST.

28308503356_3a15143f7a_b.jpg

You can pretend these helmets and armor were perfect in the movie - but they weren't. Nothing was idealized in these original movies - not at all. Lucas has even said as much - saying it was a "Time of war". ...And when you've seen these movies so many times - probably 15 times in the theater for me if I include the special edition release in 1997 - even when you're a kid, you start picking up on all those details. And no, knowing/seeing all these foibles are in the movie doesn't ruin the movie one eeny-tiny-bit for me. I'm like JKNO. The magic is still there. I can sit back and enjoy them as much today as I did when I was 8 - the fun and the story is what sucks me in and makes me young again. :lol

Oh, i can still sit back and enjoy the movie, as i don´t look close to any props/details when watching the movie.

It´s when i look at them close up within the hobby that i don´t like them anymore.

There's no denying that the suits were banged up when the films were made, but the props still look significantly worse now. I don't know if the paint gets flaky over time or if it is physical damage. They didn't appear to take very good care of the props.

I still feel there is a difference between the props and what the film makers are trying to present so I'm not sure we can say every blemish is intentional. It's just how the props ended up being treated.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Hi guys,

Sorry for taking so long to respond.

How would you say that the original TE (TrooperExpert) armor compares to Troopermaster and RS in terms of accuracy?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back