Ant man build.

bigkilo

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So, I will post some images later regarding several options on a few different base costume makers/providers. For now I will start with my decision to tackle the backpack, belt, shoulder bits, and "shoulder pipes couplers". I will also show a couple of "coupler" methods that do not work:) I hope to also show my footwear choice.

It should be noted early, that this is not a 100% accurate build, it is just a decent way of doing it at a decent price.

First off, the backpack (mat foam from target (3 layers thick), some sinatra for the face and sides, and some 3mm and 2 mm craft foam from hobby lobby (sealed with mode podge and smoothed with bondo glazing and smoothing putty. Rustoleum primers, but krypton metallics)).
_232312_zpslgt5plf3_edit_1467868741088_zpsnsjodz4w.jpg

After adding more detail and primed and krylon alluminum..ed.
_231331_zpssbmqmanv_edit_1467868810481_zpsoyrdzu8o.jpg

And now for after weathering, and after adding the red stripe (note - yes I know I'm missing the left tube port and haven't finished the bottom plug, but, hey, try to be happy I took pictures at all - because this would be super boring otherwise, and very well maybe anyway because the work to be seen below is not wonderful, just the amount of work I could tolerate to put into each object. So to the talented: move along, move along...:)

_001042_zps26bhu6uu_edit_1467868856677_zpsricddnyk.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Saved for additional steps

- - - Updated - - -

Reserved again

- - - Updated - - -

This one reserved for the suiting up of various base suits

- - - Updated - - -

Footwear post

- - - Updated - - -

Rocketeer's much appreciated decision to make my helmet:)

- - - Updated - - -

This will be dedicated to tubing options, couplers, neckseal, and neckseal greeblies

After trying to work with various rubber and urethane tubing, which I got to glue together nicely, but couldnt get a nice angle on the fitting joints (and I didn't wanna have to sew on all the tubing), I went with polyethylene tubing, which I cut and melted together with my Woodburning pen, and used said Woodburning pen to burn in the lines, and painted those black with acrylic paint. I cut down the long end and used e6000 to adhere the joints to the existing piping on the suit - way easier, less sewing, and the piping didn't look much different from my painted tubing, anyway, so it would've been days of work for 1%more accuracy

...photos to come, photobucket is being dumb

Certainly need a full post.for gloves

Last edited:
And last reserved post for weathering the suit and possibly doing the screen printing (or a garage method similar to) :) maybe showing two patterns that are not 100%, but can be done for $10... :/dunno, but definitely a finishing post

- - - Updated - - -

And crap, that didn't make additionally reserved posts at all... well, I guess the first post will be about 5 pages:) where oh where is the confused but dongivafux face, half smile and 110% ****** eyebrow emoji?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back