Spacebobs Power Droid Plans

wicked build!! I actually have the first pic saved on my computer from google searches!

quick question, did u fill the feet with cement? I was curious how top heavy it is? seeing you use yours for storage you must have figured out a solid trick!

your GONK is the best I've ever seen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The feet are solid oak, which is quite heavy, they also have a little bit more that sticks out the back for added stability that you can't see, I'll post pics of that later

Turnaround
webgonk090.jpg

webgonk083.jpg

webgonk068.jpg webgonk090.jpg

The foot detail showing the stabilisers

webgonk081.jpg

webgonk083.jpg webgonk081.jpg
webgonk098.jpg

You can still see a lot of the woodgrain but its ok as it's so scruffy.

webgonk091.jpg webgonk098.jpg

webgonk091.jpg

webgonk068.jpg
:)

Last edited:
Ok I've had a few people asking for permission to use the plans, and of course you can use the plans,
the unwritten rule is you simply give credit where credit is due, especially online, and if you were to use others plans to make money you would at least fess up to whom it may concern.
Although the proportions on these plans have a lovely look and I'm more than happy for the spacebob gonk to multiply, please remember that the dimensions that I gave are for mine, I have tried to workout how big the real things are but in the end I said it should be just shorter than my artoo (I gave up).
Then I made it a little wider to accommodate the records.
To make it more accurate I would make the overall width narrower, or, make it taller and longer while leaving the width.The hole in the front of mine is too large (if you intend to run a lip around the edge).

I'm working on screen accurate numbers if you wanted to wait otherwise, go for it :)

I like as is... a mix of Toy and Flick.

I've got an itch, but man it's gonna be a bit... just clearing out my garage for HIC... Turns out my garage is smaller than I thought.

This is really a simple build with much room for custom details and greeblies all around so good luck in building the easiest 1:1 scale prop ever.
I'm here if anyone has any questions and will continue to post detail photos and advise as I think of , but now I would like to get to the next part of this thread.

Research.

How big is a gonk really? the best pic I have to work from is this....

webgonkjp921.jpg
web3d.jpg

The awesome actor here is Jack Purvis and he was 1.24m tall, so what is the height of the body of the gonk.
Answers on a postcard to
Spacebob, Earth. Thanks

Last edited:
While I'm at it here is another composite shot of the same droid

webgonk04930t.jpg

This one has a much narrower midrail than the sandcrawler gonk but I'm sure the tubs are the same on both.

Love this

webroguegonk23.jpg

Which way is he going?
Anyway I did some really rudimentary working out with the best pic

webgonkjp921.jpg
Jack seems to be astride across the mid section of the droid so I added a tiny bit of height to stand him up straight on the long green line....

webgonkjp922.jpg

Then I cropped that height and gave it a value of 124cm

Next I cropped at the full height of the middle of the Gonk body and checked the values again, It gave 79.19 cm very close to my plans
I cropped again across the widths to give me numbers of 40.7cm across the centre, and 35.7cm average across the top egge and bottom edges, way off my measurements, 2cm off. Its a start though :)

webgonk092.jpg

This pic shows that the real one is just a bit narrower so 2cm thinner on the widths seems about right.
Overall body height is ok :)
I'll try and check depth of body next.

Last edited:
webgonk030t.jpg

Here you can see the real one is longer than mine and using the same assigning values and cropping technique I endded up with avalue of 64.22cm from front to back along midpoint

Here are updated plans with the "more" screen accurate numbers in blue, Cute Spacebob Gonk numbers to fit records in red still. Behold.

webgonk6759.jpg
webgonk6758.jpg

Remember the front and back screw to the edges of the sides for this to work right :)

Last edited:
thanks for the update! i just recently converted your older plans from mm to imperial then rounded up or down to the closet fraction. i plan on starting this next weekend

That's why I wanted to get the new numbers out there, because so many people are saying they are starting soon.
Now there is a choice to try to make the size you want.
I'm going to start one based on the sandcrawler Gonk, now I need to make accurate foot plans :)

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back