Mace Windu is Alive...

I always figured the Force ghosts to be something only certain people can see. At the end of Jedi Luke is the only one that can see Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Yoda. Leia does not see them even though she is Force sensitive.

From a story perspective I think it's just an interesting way to get some exposition out of the way and wasn't meant to be something that was so debated. I think if Force ghosts start popping up all over the place that will kind of kill what makes the idea unique.

I agree that ESB did the force ghost thing best. Obi-Wan's appearance in ROTJ was a bit too solid & clear for the concept. When dead characters can come back that substantially it undermines their deaths.

The final ghost appearances in the Ewok village should get a pass though. It made such a nice happy ending.

Last edited:
Well, that's because originally it was part of a planned progression. Disembodied voice to distant hazy apparition to clear and close and more dynamic apparition to spirit being who can interact with the physical world to... Well, in the final battle, Obi-Wan was going to step bac across the veil to corporeal form to help Luke defeat Vader and the Emperor. During story sessions, though, Lucas decided it would undermine Luke and his journey too much to bail him out like that. Too deus ex machina.

I never liked how the EU writers didn't know what to do with the Force ghosts, so they just wrote them out. I'm hoping they're actually involved in the new films. In my headcanon, sometime not too long after ROTJ, when things have quieted down a little and Luke can stop to meditate, Obi-Wan shows up and makes the final transition to physicality... and looks down in some surprise to see himself all Ewan MacGregor-young again. *chuckle* Now, 'that's what I call "more powerful than you can possibly imagine"...

--Jonah

im not questioning you, but i thought in the clone wars cartoon we learned that force ghosts can only stay in between realms for so long, then they completely cross over

...im pretty sure i heard filoni touched on that didnt he? i remember this because the rumor was yoda's force ghost was suppose to appear in TFA.. and right away i thought of that time i heard force ghosts dont last forever, i could be completely wrong but i swore i heard that somewhere

I agree that ESB did the force ghost thing best. Obi-Wan's appearance in ROTJ was a bit too solid & clear for the concept. When dead characters can come back that substantially it undermines their deaths.

The final ghost appearances in the Ewok village should get a pass though. It made such a nice happy ending.

maybe we are looking at it different? maybe it was a technology thing holding back in the ESB time frame. and come RoTJ time they had the technology to make the ghosts clean and crisp?

I think they touched upon this in Heir to the Empire by Timothy Zahn too when Obi-Wan's ghost appears to Luke for one final time before crossing over to the netherworld of the Force forever. Even then his power to appear to Luke has waned because he can only appear to him in dreams, much like Merlin to King Arthur in classical Arthurian Legend.

Hopefully it's an idea that they stick with if Force ghosts appear in the new films. Though I seriously could do without seeing a Force ghost Mace Windu or Darth Maul.

guys on a serious note. i remember jackson saying he had "bad mother f'er" engraved in the bottom of his lightsaber. i have never seen any pictures of it, was this true? or was he being sarcastic?

guys on a serious note. i remember jackson saying he had "bad mother f'er" engraved in the bottom of his lightsaber. i have never seen any pictures of it, was this true? or was he being sarcastic?

I have heard this as well but I haven't seen any oroof

It's hard to put that on your light saber when you were such a big puss in the movies. He killed one guy who had a pistol. Obi wan killed a Sith Lord, fought another and killed a robot who used 6 sabers at once. Plus flew right into the villians flag ship to beat some ass. So yeah..

Why so much negativity? We're all entitled to our opinions, sure. Yet it just seems nobody can't not be miserable. I also must point out, people die and come back all the time in Mortal Kombat, and people love that. so....

I fully approve of Fett surviving. Nuff said. Maul, I've always liked. I didn't care if They didn't bring him back, yet I'm not complaining They did. He fell into a sewer or garbage that transferred him to that garbage world. Now I will say for the record, I think it's STUPID the way They changed his backstory too much. He's the son of a nightmother? Come on. They should have stuck with the explanation given in the Plaguis novel. Now for Mace, I like him and don't care either way if he's alive or dead. If alive, then he could be in one of the Anthology movies, although just to die again somehow.

Lastly, if They absolutely had to kill Han, They should have done it in episode 8, and by a villain who isn't a complete wuss

It's hard to put that on your light saber when you were such a big puss in the movies. He killed one guy who had a pistol. Obi wan killed a Sith Lord, fought another and killed a robot who used 6 sabers at once. Plus flew right into the villians flag ship to beat some ass. So yeah..

if it is true i would never believe lucas allowed that.

Back in the day someone posted an ILM casting of it and it could not be found. The rumor was it was woven into the texture on the grip but it was never substantiated or found. The only possibility would have been if it was between parts and not visible to the outside world unless you took it apart.

Back in the day someone posted an ILM casting of it and it could not be found. The rumor was it was woven into the texture on the grip but it was never substantiated or found. The only possibility would have been if it was between parts and not visible to the outside world unless you took it apart.

thats a good theory!! can you imagine if true!! lol

General Grievous was/is a cyborg actually ;) :p

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back