ANH Tusken Raider Build - Update November 2021

The ANH rifle is a pain in the ass - It was the first prop I tried to make in art school when I couldn't be assed to do my project but still wanted to use the workshops. I got half done but graduated and had no space for it, so I cut it in half and binned it so nobody would steal it from the trash and try and rob a post office with it. Very bad reference available. The sideshow 1/6 figure comes with one but it is largely inaccurate.

tuskenrifles.jpg

It was the second one from the bottom. The Episode I rifle often gets mixed up with ANH. The real ANH look like converted berber rifles.
Decent wood, a router, some planes etc and then the metal bits are all you really need, maybe check out some wooden gun stock forums for oiling etc to get an authentic look.

Well I finally got off my butt and finish the mask, I think it came out pretty cool. I wasn't trying to to a specific Tusken, just one if the tribe! I followed Adam's instructions with the wraps, glue, etc. I did use hit glue for some of the last wraps so I had confidence they wouldn't come off, then I used a brass wire wheel to distress the fabric until I was happy, then a combo of brown shoe polish and paint for the dirtying of him. I used Adan't respirator too. I will display this in my small IKEA glass case for now, it's a REALLY BIG helmet!

IMG_1164_zpsovhys3hl.jpg

IMG_1165_zpsydq6eoao.jpg

IMG_1166_zps9abwngov.jpg

IMG_1171_zps04k4kbfo.jpg

IMG_1170_zpsf4x5gv7a.jpg

IMG_1169_zpsm27uab9e.jpg

IMG_1168_zps6aaskcwl.jpg

:)

Started looking at this guy again and thought I finish him off. Weathered the leather on the snout & the breather more, added a solid neck and wrapped it with the scarf I picked up, secured the breather better, and added mesh to the eye sockets from the inside.

Cut a few squares of stainless mesh. Using a 32mm socket and a 18mm deep socket as a press/mold

IMG_2715_zpsqpwbst03.jpg

Good wack with a rubber mallet

IMG_2716_zpskbecvzpt.jpg

Presto!

IMG_2718_zpsm0rp4col.jpg

Using the 18mm deep socket I pressed them into the back of the eyes

IMG_2719_zpsmbxucu2h.jpg

Neck piece wrapped

__51B1A6DF-087F-40F7-9C9C-8F3AF82E7D0A_zpsw09naowm.jpg

Completed shots

IMG_2722_zpsipe4tbee.jpg

IMG_2723_zpsdowvwkjk.jpg

IMG_2724_zpsu7gc5sn4.jpg

IMG_2721_zpsyxeipviv.jpg

IMG_2720_zpsejqarfpg.jpg

Very happy I finally finished the details on this guy. Adam Winkle's "Godzilla" kit is a real piece of art, thanks Adam!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back