Lost in Space (Netflix series)

The original robot is so iconic that it is hard to match. I had heard that it would be something that would cause a stir. However, the rest of it looks great and I am looking forward to sitting down and watching it when it drops.

Good point. If they made anything similar to the original people would complain it was not close enough or not good enough. Makes sense to make it different!

Good point. If they made anything similar to the original people would complain it was not close enough or not good enough. Makes sense to make it different!

That's the problem that Hollywood faces with all of these remakes and reboots. Make it too close to the original people will complain that it's just a rehash of the original and that the original did it better. Make it too different and people will complain about how it's too different from the original and that they should have just stuck to the original or not have bothered at all.

That's the problem that Hollywood faces with all of these remakes and reboots. Make it too close to the original people will complain that it's just a rehash of the original and that the original did it better. Make it too different and people will complain about how it's too different from the original and that they should have just stuck to the original or not have bothered at all.

I wonder how much of the creative process gets trampled on by lawyers. Someone pitches an original idea about space explorers who get lost and the lawyer says. "Already Done." Then they go buy the rights to avoid a lawsuit. Now that they have the rights, they decide a reboot is safer than an original story and then the recycling begins.

If I recall, even the creator of the original Lost in Space had a few lawsuits stating he stole the idea for the show.

As I dont have an emotional attachment to the original, im looking forward to this. Its nice to see Hollywood 2.0 putting out high production quality Sci-Fi content. I wish SYFY channel could do this, but instead we get non SciFi programming half of the time.

As much as we love the original ROBOT, they need one that can handle a slight incline without tipping over.

615DD58B-1CE3-450D-994A-E0DE29042551.jpeg

As much as we love the original ROBOT, they need one that can handle a slight incline without tipping over.

View attachment 800762

This.

The original Robot, while iconic, simply wouldn't be something that anyone would EVER put out in space. It's mobility would be limited to flat terrain with virtually no stones or rocks bigger than, what, 5 inches in diameter? So you'd have a member of the crew that couldn't go in snow, or sand, or mud, or rocky terrain. It certainly couldn't go up any kind of incline (as seen in this picture), and actually climbing something, like a mountain or a tree? Riiiiight.

The new new design is vastly different...and from an actual robotic design standpoint is vastly superior...in every way...to that of the original.

Think about it...something like this new robot has the kind of mobility that cutting edge companies today, like Boston Dynamics, are striving to perfect, and likely will in the not to distant future. This alone lends believability to this new robot.

I really like the bew robot, if you couldn't tell.

Actually the robot was out and about on sand for most of the Series.

In the early shows he was shown walking, ie, his two tread feet things, lol, moved independently of each other.

Even with that shown there was no way he could have climbed up or down the Pod stairs or the Jupiters landing gear struts

This.

The original Robot, while iconic, simply wouldn't be something that anyone would EVER put out in space. It's mobility would be limited to flat terrain with virtually no stones or rocks bigger than, what, 5 inches in diameter? So you'd have a member of the crew that couldn't go in snow, or sand, or mud, or rocky terrain. It certainly couldn't go up any kind of incline (as seen in this picture), and actually climbing something, like a mountain or a tree? Riiiiight.

The new new design is vastly different...and from an actual robotic design standpoint is vastly superior...in every way...to that of the original.

Think about it...something like this new robot has the kind of mobility that cutting edge companies today, like Boston Dynamics, are striving to perfect, and likely will in the not to distant future. This alone lends believability to this new robot.

I really like the bew robot, if you couldn't tell.

What you see in the trailer may not be THE robot. They mentioned that several first season episodes would be used as the basis for episodes of the new show. And I think that the episode "War of the Robots" was one of the episodes mentioned. They may just be using a little misdirection to get people to talk. Which we are doing.

One of the things I liked about the movie was the robot. The first version, not the rebuilt version. Sad to see that the Jupiter II is not a saucer, but just another rocket. A boxy rocket.

David.

What you see in the trailer may not be THE robot. They mentioned that several first season episodes would be used as the basis for episodes of the new show. And I think that the episode "War of the Robots" was one of the episodes mentioned. They may just be using a little misdirection to get people to talk. Which we are doing.

One of the things I liked about the movie was the robot. The first version, not the rebuilt version. Sad to see that the Jupiter II is not a saucer, but just another rocket. A boxy rocket.

David.

I hope your right, I’m not feeling this robot. It’s not going to stop me from watching though, still excited

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back