Lost in Space (Netflix series)

They tried to do a LoS series reboot before. Due to its cancellation, the show's set was recycled and used as a part of the Battlestar Pegasus sets for Battlestar Galactica. I'm interested to see how this plays out.

They tried to do a LoS series reboot before. Due to its cancellation, the show's set was recycled and used as a part of the Battlestar Pegasus sets for Battlestar Galactica. I'm interested to see how this plays out.

i didnt know that!! is there any photos from production? like pictures of the new robot or anything?

i enjoyed the 97 or was it 98 movie a lot! i was seriously hoping for a second one, and Wills "first place" dagger is a prop i have always wanted!!

i didnt know that!! is there any photos from production? like pictures of the new robot or anything?

i enjoyed the 97 or was it 98 movie a lot! i was seriously hoping for a second one, and Wills "first place" dagger is a prop i have always wanted!!

Picture of the cast from the reboot attempt:

Lostinspace2003.jpg

From Wikipedia:
In late 2003, a new television series, with a somewhat changed format, was in development in the U.S. It originally was intended to be closer to the original pilot with no Smith, but including a robot, had an additional older Robinson child called David, and Penny was a mere baby. The pilot (titled, The Robinsons: Lost in Space) was commissioned by The WB Television Network. It was directed by John Woo and produced by Synthesis Entertainment, Irwin Allen Productions, Twentieth Century Fox Television and Regency Television.

The Jupiter 2 interstellar flying-saucer spacecraft of the original series was changed to a non-saucer planet-landing craft, deployed from a larger inter-stellar mothership.

The cast included Brad Johnson as John Robinson, Jayne Brook as Maureen Robinson, Adrianne Palicki as Judy Robinson, Ryan Malgarini as Will Robinson, and Mike Erwin as Don West.

In this adaptation John Robinson was a retiring war hero of an alien invasion and had decided to take his family to another colony elsewhere in space. However the ship is attacked by the aliens, David is lost amidst it all, and the Robinsons, along with Don, are forced to escape in the small Jupiter 2 "Space Pod" of the mothership. The series, presumably, would have revolved around the family trying to recover David from the aliens. The one surviving performer from the original series was Dick Tufeld, once again reprising his role as voice of the robot for the 3rd time, in Lost in Space's 3rd live-action incarnation after the original pilot.

It was not among the network's series pick-ups confirmed later that year.

The producers of the new Battlestar Galactica show bought the show's sets. They were redesigned the next year and used for scenes on the Battlestar Pegasus.

Attachments

• Lostinspace2003.jpg
    Lostinspace2003.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 252
Yes I want a LOS Reboot! I don't care if that is dating me...and you damm kids stay off my lawn

im guessing netflx is trying to become a "MOVIE STUDIO" I bought there service because they had all the hot titles and new releases, now they don't even offer the first "iron man". but gee wiz "Netflix original's" are being churned out like soilent green.....

Picture of the cast from the reboot attempt:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/20/Lostinspace2003.jpg

From Wikipedia:
In late 2003, a new television series, with a somewhat changed format, was in development in the U.S. It originally was intended to be closer to the original pilot with no Smith, but including a robot, had an additional older Robinson child called David, and Penny was a mere baby. The pilot (titled, The Robinsons: Lost in Space) was commissioned by The WB Television Network. It was directed by John Woo and produced by Synthesis Entertainment, Irwin Allen Productions, Twentieth Century Fox Television and Regency Television.

The Jupiter 2 interstellar flying-saucer spacecraft of the original series was changed to a non-saucer planet-landing craft, deployed from a larger inter-stellar mothership.

The cast included Brad Johnson as John Robinson, Jayne Brook as Maureen Robinson, Adrianne Palicki as Judy Robinson, Ryan Malgarini as Will Robinson, and Mike Erwin as Don West.

In this adaptation John Robinson was a retiring war hero of an alien invasion and had decided to take his family to another colony elsewhere in space. However the ship is attacked by the aliens, David is lost amidst it all, and the Robinsons, along with Don, are forced to escape in the small Jupiter 2 "Space Pod" of the mothership. The series, presumably, would have revolved around the family trying to recover David from the aliens. The one surviving performer from the original series was Dick Tufeld, once again reprising his role as voice of the robot for the 3rd time, in Lost in Space's 3rd live-action incarnation after the original pilot.

It was not among the network's series pick-ups confirmed later that year.

The producers of the new Battlestar Galactica show bought the show's sets. They were redesigned the next year and used for scenes on the Battlestar Pegasus.

OMG i never knew about this!!! wicked cool. not feeling the reboot, and it can't be lost in space with out dr smith!

would have loved to see another go at it, hopefully the netflix series takes off!

Man that Robot look pathetic! :lol

yea alittle plan but I could still live with it, judging by his appearance I'm
guessing he didn't have tracks? that's what I liked about the 97 reboot. loved his track setup

no smith though that's a shocker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, found out that the 2004 pilot is available on YouTube. Just look up "The Robinsons: Lost In Space." I couldn't watch past the first video. There was just something about it that seemed, well... off.

I'll be happy as long as it's better than the 90s movie. And contains 0% Gary Oldman spider monsters.

i really enjoyed that movie, i know it has its plot holes. and some things happen to conveniently but i really enjoyed it. i was young back then so... plus i loved the updated robot. the future rusty robot was my favor over the big blue one.

wonder where the robot is now??

They must be going back to the original pilot that never aired. It didn't have Smith.

I didn't read anywhere in the article that Dr. Smith wouldn't be in it.

Courtesy of The Lost in Space Memories Facebook page, Kevin Burns talking about his involvement and the direction the new show will take:

"So far, I really like the script. More importantly, I like the FAMILY. I find myself rooting for them to make it as I turn the page. Of course there are going to be some changes to the original. We've had to approach it the way Irwin would have if he were making it today -- not 50 years ago. It has to be its own creative incarnation -- not an imitation. Long ago I had to come to terms with the fact that MY "Lost in Space" exists in the 83 hours that are now in pristine condition on blu-ray. My "Lost in Space" had Jonathan Harris and Guy Williams. We will never get that again. Instead, the new "Lost in Space" will (hopefully) bring a new generation the same thrill we got when we first watched the original series. But we also are trying to restore Irwin's original intention of making the new series REAL. We want humor -- but not 60s "Batman-style" camp. It won't be "The Brady Bunch Movie." Instead it will be more like the first half of Season One. It will have humor and heart. Think "Space Family Robinson" meets "Iron Giant." Will it work? I sure hope so. I've spent the last almost 30 years of my professional life trying to make this happen. There are a lot of really good, creative, smart people on this team. This is the best approach I've ever seen and the best chance this concept has ever had, in my opinion. And if it doesn't work? We still have the 83 original episodes in pristine condition on blu-ray."

Last edited by a moderator:
30 years trying to get this going, that makes me feel good about it. sounds like he's really got his heart into it

Kevin Burns update on the new series courtesy of the Lost in Space Memories Facebook page:

"Lots of progress on the new "Lost in Space" for Netflix. Several writers have been hired to join Matt Sazama, Burk Sharpless and series show-runner, Zack Estrin. Season One will consist of ten full hour episodes at a budget of approximately $90 Million! But the BIG NEWS is that John Williams has agreed to "freshen up" his classic LIS music -- including the theme songs. Stay tuned!"

Do the math, $9 million per episode! If you thought they were not going to do this right.......you were wrong!!!

Kevin Burns update on the new series courtesy of the Lost in Space Memories Facebook page: "Lots of progress on the new "Lost in Space" for Netflix. Several writers have been hired to join Matt Sazama, Burk Sharpless and series show-runner, Zack Estrin. Season One will consist of ten full hour episodes at a budget of approximately $90 Million! But the BIG NEWS is that John Williams has agreed to "freshen up" his classic LIS music -- including the theme songs. Stay tuned!"Do the math, $9 million per episode! If you thought they were not going to do this right.......you were wrong!!!
Great news!! Very exciting

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back