Lost in Space (Netflix series)

Cool. I hope it's written as smartly as the original series and doesn't devolve into a soap opera like so much of television these days (*cough* BattlestarGalactica *cough*).

Cool. I hope it's written as smartly as the original series

PDVD_007.JPG

I'm optimistic. The movie was a fair try, and I liked *that* Dr. Smith because he was consistent. Can't go wrong with Gary Oldman.

There's a taste of realism to the Resolute and Jupiter colony ship package that the original lacked. I hope they took some lessons from both the good and bad of the Galactica reboot as well, and do indeed tell a story for today's audience. If we want camp, just pull out the DVD's.

The new J2 takes too much from the Millenium Falcon hamburguesa - but that reaction is just from one shot at a poor angle. I'm certain those mandibles toe in, by the way. :D

Looking forward to seeing more - it does have a certain appeal. Need to see the beauty angles.

Also love the fact that they've chosen a Friday the 13th release date. Fitting.

Normal. They want to build anticipation. The B9 and the J2 are iconic, and those are sacred cows that a lot of people won't be nuts about seeing changed. Remember the furor over the changes from old, campy BSG to nuBSG? And how fandom when nuts when Starbuck became a female ( well, until Katee Sackhoff knocked it out of the park)? This "Lost" will probably be just as different - perhaps even more so. Despite having seen every original LiS ep on it's original air date, I, for one, am looking forward to something that might have more intelligent grit.
Embrace the darkness... :D

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back