Lost in Space (Netflix series)

"Never fear, Smith is here. Parker Posey will be playing the doctor, not space explorer, Dr. Smith on the Lost In Space remake series that is coming to Netflix in 2018. Dr. Smith is the stowaway who changes the weight of the vessel and the trajectory of the Robinson family cruise "

I'm a total creeper for Parker Posey so this got my attention.

funny i thought about this netflix series while trying to fall asleep last night. the 1997 movie was on last night and i fell asleep to it thinking what we are in store for with this series, i sure hope its good

"Never fear, Smith is here. Parker Posey will be playing the doctor, not space explorer, Dr. Smith on the Lost In Space remake series that is coming to Netflix in 2018. Dr. Smith is the stowaway who changes the weight of the vessel and the trajectory of the Robinson family cruise

I feel stupid for not having predicted this one.
But I feel better knowing now that there's even less reason to watch this. So very much NOT a Parker Posey fan. I find her nearly unwatchable. So this will be easy to completely ignore.
I'm still eager to see a trailer... partly on the off chance they can still tempt me and partly for the whole "can't not watch a train wreck".

Original and new Will Robinson possibly on the set of the Jupiter 2

IMG_5201_zpsrjecikut.jpg

The patch on Max Jenkins' coat appears to have a saucer shaped ship and the words "24th Mission"

IMG_5202_zpsur9ecdxy.png

Could this be the new chariot?

IMG_5203_zpsk58fgqox.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
wicked pictures!! you think they are going to incorporate original cast into the show? like they did with the 97 movie?

this is the only reason i haven't canceled my netflix account lol

wicked pictures!! you think they are going to incorporate original cast into the show? like they did with the 97 movie?

this is the only reason i haven't canceled my netflix account lol

I hope Bill Mumy (and other cast members) has a roll in the show and wasn't just invited for a set visit.

This was posted on Facebook by Kevin Burns:

The Netflix people have a HUGE campaign planned for the new LIS. First of all, it will premiere in something like 200 countries on the same day. The premiere is set for mid April. All 10 one-hour episodes will be available to view on that day! Wondercon will be the site of the big “kick off”. Media blitz will begin next month and become huge in March.

Job Jashni and I went to see/hear the final sound mix and picture for episode 10 last week. I cried three times. It’s really incredible to see the amount of love and care (and money) that has gone into this.

If I had to list the classic episodes that had the greatest influence on this new series, I’d have to say:

No Place to Hide
The Reluctant Stowaway
The Derelict
Island in the Sky
There Were Giants in the Earth
The Hungry Sea
War of the Robots

I’m sure you’ll spot more when you watch them.

The WGA gave Irwin and Shimon Wincelberg special credits on the first episode after reviewing the new script and the script for “No Place to Hide.”

Exciting!!

From Kevin Burns on Facebook:

Get ready!!!

At 10:00AM EST (7:00 AM PST) the Teaser Trailer for the Netflix LIS will drop!! NASA news!! Stills!!

Share it with EVERYONE!!!

YouTube!! Facebook!!

Mark, Marta, Bill and Angela have all seen the first episode!!

Let the countdown commence!!

Love,
Kevin

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back