Lost in Space (Netflix series)

I think she is cast as Judy but the news was leaked prematurely.

ahhh ok. I'm really excited for this. can't wait to see the robot! i always like the 1997 future robot.
740full-lost-in-space-screenshot.jpg

always wanted my own real robot like this. i have a question to the fans of the 1965 version. this past weekend i was at a vintage toy store and saw the vintage robot from 1965. it had a brassy/gold chest. i always saw the robot as all grey. just googling for this picture above i found this!

flbo2-1459186591-770-blog-Robot.jpg

when did the robot turn gold?!?! i dont ever remember this!!

This was also posted on another forum but described as "Not and official release from Legendary Entertainment" and simply a rough casting memo:

[JOHN ROBINSON]40s, the dad. A seasoned combat veteran with the self-possessed strength of a born leader. When the family's spaceship crash-lands on an unknown planet, he maintains a goal-oriented attitude. We see he and his wife draw together in this emergency, but the truth of their relationship is they’re estranged. John insisted that he come along to protect his family from the unknown dangers they might face. This is a chance to make up for the mistakes he’s made in the past, and earn a place back in the family. Faced with difficult decisions that test even him, John must face one potential disaster after another (most of them involve trying to find the lesser evil)...SERIES REGULAR

[MAUREEN ROBINSON]Late 30s - 40s, the mom. An aerospace engineer with a fearsome intellect. A driven and demanding woman both in and outside her home. It's Maureen who makes the decision to bring her family into space. She wants her children to have a chance at a new life on a better world. Her endless optimism is infectious. She’s convinced there is no problem that can’t be solved if you apply your mind to it. But there are things she can’t just fix like they were some engineering problem. It will be up to her to figure out a way off this planet, but as big a challenge will be to forgive her husband and rekindle the love they once had...SERIES REGULAR

[JUDY ROBINSON]To play 18 years old, the oldest of the three Robinson children. Judy is Maureen's biracial daughter from her first marriage. Athletic, confident, her edge comes from her willingness to push herself harder than anyone else. She never knew her biological father, and John adopted her as his own. She took her parents' breakup harder than anyone, and resents John for it. She’s the only trained doctor amongst the surviving Colonists. In a coming of age journey, she finds herself struggling to live up to her responsibilities...SERIES REGULAR

[PENNY ROBINSON]To play 15 years old, the middle child in the family. Quick-witted and contrarian, but her sarcastic and tough exterior covers a romantic soul. If the Robinsons have a black sheep, she’d be it. She’s the most social person in her family, with the best sense of humor of any of them. Penny grew up the victim of middle-child-syndrome, caught between a superstar older sister who could do no wrong and a baby brother who everybody was afraid couldn't do anything right. She didn't want to leave her home on Earth, and struggles with the loss of everything and everyone she knew...SERIES REGULAR

[WILL ROBINSON]To play 11 years old, the youngest. Will is creative, empathetic, and naturally sensitive. He's the smallest and weakest member of the family. Likeable and quick, curious but not confrontational. Picked on growing up, he didn't have many friends. He was eager to pack up and leave Earth and go just about anywhere. Will suffers from panic attacks, and doesn't want to be the one who lets down his family. After the family crashes, Will has to find courage he never thought he had. This unique boy, who wasn’t supposed to be there, will prove to be the key to everyone’s survival...SERIES REGULAR

[DON WEST]Mid 20s, he’s no colonist. He’s a well-paid roughneck, part of a sub-class of highly-skilled but blue collar contractors. He also smuggles in luxury goods on the side. A roguish exterior hides a heart of gold. Once he finished his contract, he’d have been on the next trip back home with enough money to set himself (and those he loves) up for life. He has a cynical view of the colonization of space. They say it's an egalitarian brave new world, but people like him would never be allowed to live there. Now that he's crashed along with "the elites," he's going to have to forge new alliances, and find in the Robinsons the family he never thought he'd have...SERIES REGULAR

[ROBOT]An intimidating robot who becomes Will's loyal servant... and in the end, friend. But like many characters in this series, Robot contains many mysteries yet to be revealed...SERIES REGULAR. This will be a voice-over and/or motion capture/bodysuit role.

STORY LINE: In 2046, the Jupiter 2 travels through a rip in the space-time continuum, and crash-lands on a distant planet, at an unknown distance from Earth. And there the ROBINSON FAMILY must build a new life for themselves, with a little help from their friends, and no help at all from their enemies (both human and alien)...

This was also posted on another forum but described as "Not and official release from Legendary Entertainment" and simply a rough casting memo:

[JOHN ROBINSON]40s, the dad. A seasoned combat veteran with the self-possessed strength of a born leader. When the family's spaceship crash-lands on an unknown planet, he maintains a goal-oriented attitude. We see he and his wife draw together in this emergency, but the truth of their relationship is they’re estranged. John insisted that he come along to protect his family from the unknown dangers they might face. This is a chance to make up for the mistakes he’s made in the past, and earn a place back in the family. Faced with difficult decisions that test even him, John must face one potential disaster after another (most of them involve trying to find the lesser evil)...SERIES REGULAR

[MAUREEN ROBINSON]Late 30s - 40s, the mom. An aerospace engineer with a fearsome intellect. A driven and demanding woman both in and outside her home. It's Maureen who makes the decision to bring her family into space. She wants her children to have a chance at a new life on a better world. Her endless optimism is infectious. She’s convinced there is no problem that can’t be solved if you apply your mind to it. But there are things she can’t just fix like they were some engineering problem. It will be up to her to figure out a way off this planet, but as big a challenge will be to forgive her husband and rekindle the love they once had...SERIES REGULAR

[JUDY ROBINSON]To play 18 years old, the oldest of the three Robinson children. Judy is Maureen's biracial daughter from her first marriage. Athletic, confident, her edge comes from her willingness to push herself harder than anyone else. She never knew her biological father, and John adopted her as his own. She took her parents' breakup harder than anyone, and resents John for it. She’s the only trained doctor amongst the surviving Colonists. In a coming of age journey, she finds herself struggling to live up to her responsibilities...SERIES REGULAR

[PENNY ROBINSON]To play 15 years old, the middle child in the family. Quick-witted and contrarian, but her sarcastic and tough exterior covers a romantic soul. If the Robinsons have a black sheep, she’d be it. She’s the most social person in her family, with the best sense of humor of any of them. Penny grew up the victim of middle-child-syndrome, caught between a superstar older sister who could do no wrong and a baby brother who everybody was afraid couldn't do anything right. She didn't want to leave her home on Earth, and struggles with the loss of everything and everyone she knew...SERIES REGULAR

[WILL ROBINSON]To play 11 years old, the youngest. Will is creative, empathetic, and naturally sensitive. He's the smallest and weakest member of the family. Likeable and quick, curious but not confrontational. Picked on growing up, he didn't have many friends. He was eager to pack up and leave Earth and go just about anywhere. Will suffers from panic attacks, and doesn't want to be the one who lets down his family. After the family crashes, Will has to find courage he never thought he had. This unique boy, who wasn’t supposed to be there, will prove to be the key to everyone’s survival...SERIES REGULAR

[DON WEST]Mid 20s, he’s no colonist. He’s a well-paid roughneck, part of a sub-class of highly-skilled but blue collar contractors. He also smuggles in luxury goods on the side. A roguish exterior hides a heart of gold. Once he finished his contract, he’d have been on the next trip back home with enough money to set himself (and those he loves) up for life. He has a cynical view of the colonization of space. They say it's an egalitarian brave new world, but people like him would never be allowed to live there. Now that he's crashed along with "the elites," he's going to have to forge new alliances, and find in the Robinsons the family he never thought he'd have...SERIES REGULAR

[ROBOT]An intimidating robot who becomes Will's loyal servant... and in the end, friend. But like many characters in this series, Robot contains many mysteries yet to be revealed...SERIES REGULAR. This will be a voice-over and/or motion capture/bodysuit role.

STORY LINE: In 2046, the Jupiter 2 travels through a rip in the space-time continuum, and crash-lands on a distant planet, at an unknown distance from Earth. And there the ROBINSON FAMILY must build a new life for themselves, with a little help from their friends, and no help at all from their enemies (both human and alien)...

to me this sounds wicked good!!!! doesnt mention will being a mechanical genius... i kinda liked that about the 1997 version. no news on doctor smith... i sure hope he is casted

[JUDY ROBINSON]To play 18 years old, the oldest of the three Robinson children. Judy is Maureen's biracial daughter from her first marriage. Athletic, confident, her edge comes from her willingness to push herself harder than anyone else. She never knew her biological father, and John adopted her as his own. She took her parents' breakup harder than anyone, and resents John for it. She’s the only trained doctor amongst the surviving Colonists. In a coming of age journey, she finds herself struggling to live up to her responsibilities...SERIES REGULAR.

I'm totally on board with this.
This has excellent potential for some love-hate spiteful teen / dad-trying-his-best conflict.
I was adopted by my step-dad myself, so I'm an expert in this relationship.
Don't mess this up, Netflix! :thumbsup

when did the robot turn gold?!?! i dont ever remember this!!

That's from the episode Cave of Wizards. Dr. Smith is assimilated by a computer to rule a lost civilization. If I remember, Smith turns the robot gold so he stays with him instead of blasting off the planet with the Robinsons.

That's from the episode Cave of Wizards. Dr. Smith is assimilated by a computer to rule a lost civilization. If I remember, Smith turns the robot gold so he stays with him instead of blasting off the planet with the Robinsons.

you know... i think i know what episode your talking about... but i only saw it in black in white. Smiths head was projected on the wall... or he sat on a large throne.. i do remember the whole smith a zombie in a cave epsiode

i may have confused things. but there was no confirmation that they were NOT going to use dr smith in the netflix series right? i remember the old pilot we were talking about a month or so ago, and i think they said Smith wasn't planned for that series. if i am correct and its still possible smith can be cast, i sure hope he is!

you know... i think i know what episode your talking about... but i only saw it in black in white. Smiths head was projected on the wall... or he sat on a large throne.. i do remember the whole smith a zombie in a cave epsiode

i may have confused things. but there was no confirmation that they were NOT going to use dr smith in the netflix series right? i remember the old pilot we were talking about a month or so ago, and i think they said Smith wasn't planned for that series. if i am correct and its still possible smith can be cast, i sure hope he is!

I hope Smith is cast in the new series too.

From The Cave of the Wizards:

image.jpeg

Unless Smith is going to be extremely cold and sinister like he was in the first half of season 1, then don't put him in the show. Even as a kid in the 60's, Smith just irritated the heck out of me. Judy must be pretty smart to be a doctor by the time she is 18. Will wait and see what the show has to offer and how well it is done.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Robot design. That was one thing I actually didn't mind about the movie.
The ship was ok... nothing mind blowing. I liked how during the take-off sequence they made it look like the original.
I liked the ship's interior design even though it was pretty cold looking. Didn't have an inter-galactic RV feel to it.
I liked the costumes.

Then there were the things I did mind...

Pointless CGI alien
l[1].jpg

Brooding [annoying] teen girl video blogging
LISPennyMovieClip1f.jpg

CGI Spider-Smith
Spider_Smith1.jpg

I'm looking forward to seeing the Robot design. That was one thing I actually didn't mind about the movie.
The ship was ok... nothing mind blowing. I liked how during the take-off sequence they made it look like the original.
I liked the ship's interior design even though it was pretty cold looking. Didn't have an inter-galactic RV feel to it.
I liked the costumes.

Then there were the things I did mind...

Pointless CGI alien
View attachment 665970

Brooding [annoying] teen girl video blogging
View attachment 665971

CGI Spider-Smith
View attachment 665972

i loved the interior design! i had the biggest crush on lacey chabert... she was 2 years older then me back then though. still to this day, i want the first place dagger will makes at the end. can't find a screen grab of it anywhere! and it is the most complicated looking thing mechanically when i freeze frame the dvd.. loved to have that dagger though...

like i said before i always dreamed of having my own robot like the future version, id come home from school and we could hang out, play nintendo that kind of thing. i always though will robinson was so lucky, would have loved to live inside the world/movie

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back