Lost in Space (Netflix series)

If they want to hook me from the start they've got to open with a rousingly full rendition of the original theme song.
(Hey, I typed that before I read that John Williams will be doing exactly that. This is good.)

When you guys say the original theme song, are you referring to the actual original theme song from season 1, or the theme song from the later seasons?

Because they were definitely different. First season is all that blippy bloopy blippity bloop stuff

and the later theme was the one that started with the 321 countdown. That's the one most remember.

Last edited:
John Williams wrote both theme songs and much of the episode music for LIS. Kevin Burns said he would freshen up the music and theme "songs", so I take that to mean all of his music.

My favorite thing about the show was always how it had a pretty dark feel to it despite how cheesy it was.
Also I always enjoyed the situations Dr. Smith / Will Robinson always got into.

The movie was a mess.... even without the CGI alien it would have sucked, just not nearly as bad.

If done right the show could be pretty cool.

LIS had 3 themes. The 1st/2nd season had an opening theme, and a completely different closing theme. The 3rd season had only one theme.

The 2003 LIS remake didn't have Dr. Smith in the pilot, but he was suppose to come in later in the show. Along with a new ship that was capable of interstellar flight, and had both the Chariot and Space Pod. A few years back they auctioned off a rifle that was suppose to have been made for the series. It was a kind of goofy thing, where the muzzle opened like a flower.

David.

They do have 29 million subscribers.
Stranger Things (also a Netflix series), in its first 35 days of streaming had 14.07 million adults watch the series. The Walking Dead season finale had 11.5 million adults watch.

Totally different models that aren't easy to compare.

walking dead has to be the worst written show i have ever watched.. I'm amazed it has gone on as long as it has... i think if you take away the violence and gore the show wouldn't be so popular

walking dead has to be the worst written show i have ever watched.. I'm amazed it has gone on as long as it has... i think if you take away the violence and gore the show wouldn't be so popular

It's tough to meet everyone's zombie-apocalypse expectations of what they would do vs. what the writers have the characters do.
I expected a lot more out of it.... hoped it could be used as an instructional video for the future. ;)

I stopped watching because they consistently make the stupidest decisions and mistakes every step of the way.

John and Will cast. Interesting were getting such early casting news on a 2018 LIS but nothing from the new Star Trek.

http://deadline.com/2016/09/toby-st...x-remake-maxwell-jenkins-co-stars-1201823340/

wait a minute... so judy has to be adopted? I'm not being sarcastic or making a racist joke, but i dont get it? i just want to go on record and say i think taylor russell is gorgeous. after seeing her cast, i figured the whole robinson family would have a nationality change. but now with the other two family members cast, i dont get it

And this was posted by Kevin Burns on Facebook:

“Actually, the story concerning the casting of Judy Robinson was leaked prematurely. We are still in the process of casting all the roles and we think you will really be excited by the choices we've made. Of course, not everyone will be happy (heck, I'm not happy that it's not 1965 and I can still go buy a Munsters or LIS paperback for 35 cents) but you should accept that our story doesn't take place in 1965 or 1997. It is sometime 20-30 years from now. Think of how Irwin would do "No Place to Hide" if it were being filmed now -- and then add a dose of Jurassic Park. It promises to be big, epic, family adventure.”

Last edited by a moderator:
And this was posted by Kevin Burns on Facebook:

“Actually, the story concerning the casting of Judy Robinson was leaked prematurely. We are still in the process of casting all the roles and we think you will really be excited by the choices we've made. Of course, not everyone will be happy (heck, I'm not happy that it's not 1965 and I can still go buy a Munsters or LIS paperback for 35 cents) but you should accept that our story doesn't take place in 1965 or 1997. It is sometime 20-30 years from now. Think of how Irwin would do "No Place to Hide" if it were being filmed now -- and then add a dose of Jurassic Park. It promises to be big, epic, family adventure.”

now I'm confused, so judy may not be casted by taylor russell?

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back