Jon Snow Season Six Costume-Could use some help.

Captain Rogers

Hello fellow members of the RPF! As the title says I plan to make the Season Six outfit of Jon Snow. I plan to wear the outfit to the Renaissance Festival this September. I love this outfit and really want to do it justice, but I have some concerns about the build. First off the leather. I have no idea where to even begin on how to make the leather armor. If anyone has any ideas or insight it would be appreciated. Also the fabric is very unique and will be hard to find so help there would also be appreciated. The pelt should be simple to find, just a matter of finding the best price. I will post all the references I have so far. Thanks to all, and remember Winter is Coming!

ClEIiIZWQAApOoX.jpggame-of-thrones-609d.jpght_hbo_game_of_thrones_ramsay_bolton_jon_snow_split_jc_160613_4x5_1600.jpgbloodyjon.0.jpgaKLsScdC5oAx.jpgtumblr_o8u0djt61H1ur6fj0_og_1280.jpg

for his body armor, you should be able to find better pictures of it because its actually Ned's armor and also Robb wore it too... it's a style of armor called leather brigandine, which is basically a leather garment with steel plates between the layers then riveted into place, its my understanding that most of the time the actors are wearing real armor instead of rubber or resin.. here is a basic how to on the style but beware that the armor used for GOT is crafted by professionals so expect it to take quite awhile to get good at it... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6nNYhsxE_A
here is another how to with pleather to simulate brigandine http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Make-a-Brigandine-Without-Knowing-How-to-Se/
f639eaf766bbb21b7a38bf379e6eb390.jpgeGh6eWRzMTI=_o_game-of-thrones-character-feature--ned-stark.jpg0b4461c11609a0a42f4cd87f6c38e85e.jpg
here is a place that sells stark gambesons, with good reference pictures
http://volto-nero.com/products/robb-stark-leather-gambeson

Last edited:
Thank you for the help. I really appreciate it. This is going to make the build much easier. It is funny that you mentioned about Robb and Ned, because I tried to find some tutorials for building their armor, but it seems not a lot of people have made the Stark armor. Again thanks this is really helpful.

That is extremely helpful, thank you! I am not very good at identifying the names of fabrics, which was the problem I was having. Thanks.

The last link has some good images - the 3 Starks (or 2 and a Snow) have different shades of brigandine, but it seems to be broken. Here it is again http://volto-nero-costumes.myshopif...-thrones/products/robb-stark-leather-gambeson

It says gambeson but doesn't show it, just the brigandine without undercoat. They mention leather rather than velvet also, and this tailor seems to use foam inserts and makes a season 6 Sansa wolf cloak. Perhaps a Snow/ Robb/ Ned one is in the works with would make that easier, been on same mission but can't find any cloaks accurate (one similar to Ned's but faux wolf part inaccurate to both) and Snow's cloak seems quite different. Your second image shows it quite clearly against searches on Ned's, which doesn't seem to be patterned at all/ / thick piled velvety material. Plus the Stark wolf on the leather cross straps but image you spotted that one already!

cheers, and good luck!

Jonathan

A note on the gambeson - Ned seems to wear either a blue-grey guilted one or a at court a darker blue one - Jon seems to wear the same black quilted gambeson in all the images I could see. On the linked website it lists his Brigadine as dark brown rather than light or cognac brown like Ned's, so guessing they won't do for gauntlets/ gloves or boots.

Anyway, let us know how it's going!

We tried to replicate this suit too. Made a leather brigandine, instead of metal plates used inserts from ABS plastic 4mm (1/8 inch), it does not increase the weight. xmWLSK9rjWU.jpg
Did not as in the first link, simply overlaying the leather plates, instead rolled the skin onto the plates with glue and fastened with rivets. It was not so difficult.

I'm also planning to work on this costume at one point or another, so following with great interest! My idea was to do exactly what Plastic armory did, with using the ABS rather than actual metal to conserve on weight.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back