Speed Racer movie shirt

KyleReese2015

So going into the 2008's and the one movie that started the anime movie adoptions. Speed Racer! Catchy name, and the movie did the anime well. Underrated but if it wasn't for that film, Hollywood wouldn't go with anime movie adoptions now. But, I have a quest. For particular costume pieces that Emile Hirsch, (Speed himself in the film), wore. I looked online and it looked like he wore a Rugby polo. Like Polo Ralph Lauren. Royal blue in color, but the collar and sleeve tips are white to contrast. I found a shirt online, but without the sleeve tips being white. I was wondering if anyone has any finds that could be brought to the table. All ideas welcome

I've been turning the internet upside-down looking for one as well. I found an old Express polo shirt that was apparently royal blue with white collar AND cuffs, but they're out of production and hard to find.

I'm planning on doing Speed for Halloween, since it apparently premiered in 1967 (April = Japan, September = US?), and this is thus the 50th anniversary. Also, I loved the 2008 movie.

Frankly, I don't like polo / rugby shirts, and I'd prefer a button-up type short sleeve shirt. I may buy one of the blue-with-white-cuffs-and-collar men's dress shirts and have a tailor cut the sleeves down, or try frankenstein-ing two shirts together.

You want me to go thru the 2008 film and grab some screencaps or anything?

-MJ

Movie screencaps, because I already took 'em.

Attachments

• shot0002 copy.jpg
    shot0002 copy.jpg
    511.9 KB · Views: 2,236
  • shot0003 copy.jpg
    shot0003 copy.jpg
    314.9 KB · Views: 2,139
  • shot0005.jpg
    shot0005.jpg
    317.5 KB · Views: 5,510
  • shot0006.jpg
    shot0006.jpg
    482 KB · Views: 3,207
  • shot0009.jpg
    shot0009.jpg
    480.5 KB · Views: 5,579
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back