Snowtrooper Ab/ Han's Hoth communicator DIsk **Mint Thermostat Found 04/06/21**

Re: Snowtrooper Ab/ Han's Hoth communicator DIsk research

The modern snap disc thermostat looks really close. Maybe a vintage aircraft thermostat cover? Similar to a Klixon C4370 thermostat which has the three circles.
hmmmm Worth chasing , they did use a lot of airplane parts.

The modern snap disc thermostat looks really close. Maybe a vintage aircraft thermostat cover? Similar to a Klixon C4370 thermostat which has the three circles.

hmmmm Worth chasing , they did use a lot of airplane parts.

This is one of the things I've been looking at for awhile. The Klixon gives the style to suggest, and snap disks have that overall appearance, but I've not seen anything standalone from the standard single, flat top w/ side mounting flange.

I really believe that this disc design is more of a decorative than a functional as it seems most plugs, caps, etc. all maintain a simple, plain design.

Alternatively, I'm curious to identify what the technical process or name is for adding this notch is? I think identifying that aspect of the part would push us closer to discovering it's real function, as perhaps that added feature is served for a specific area of industry.

View attachment 637583

Anyone got any ideas?

is the term not "crimping" ?

Cross posting this from the other thread.

Not quite the part, but definitely points to the disc being some form of appliance thermostat given this particular version displays pretty much all identical features

20024.jpg

http://www.appliancespares.co.za/1891/indesit front loader washing machine clixon.aspx

Have any of the rest of the parts been identified?
My thought is, since these are all found bits, could they have come off of
the same whatever? I know as a random oddments collector, I often throw the bits into the same box.
The top of the Hoth scanner has some unique parts as well...

I’m glad you were able to find it! I spent quite a bit of time one day looking for it for you.

I’m glad you were able to find it! I spent quite a bit of time one day looking for it for you.

9 years for me..oh god. It better end here. If I can't get my hands on these because of technical issues I'm going to be so pissed

crap on a stick :) wow, mate. The hunt is over. so many years that i have been looking for this to.

I may need help...but I need someone I can trust. This is located in South Africa....

Where abouts? I have contacts there..

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Re: Snowtrooper Ab/ Han's Hoth communicator DIsk research***LOCATED***

Good luck with this. I have no South African contacts (apart from a couple people local to me who are from there), but I'll do what I can to help, if needs be.

Re: Snowtrooper Ab/ Han's Hoth communicator DIsk research***LOCATED***

Congratulations! Now, the hard part will be trying to derive meaning from life after your quest has been achieved. ;)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back