Watch_Dogs 2 | Wrench Project for Fan Expo Canada 2016 | Pic Heavy

Wrenchh

Hey there guys, Wrench here. I am starting my process thread for my Wrench cosplay for Fan Expo 2016 in September. I'm going to have a busy few months ahead of me, but that's OK. I've been gathering a few reference images, and whatnot so I can get all the details I need before I start putting it together. This is actually going to be my first cosplay project that I will definitely dedicate time to, as I'll be able to use it multiple times. Enjoy!

This is Wrench:
vCOHk5L.jpg
(Displaying rough number of spikes on front of vest, as well as hoodie graphic. Also shows tattoos, bracelets, mask with X X LED display, 2 buttons and patch.)

aYYRVE8.jpg
(Spiked Half-mask w/ LED Display, studded leather(vest), 'I AM DEDSEC' hoodie, Ripped grey-ish blue jeans, converse (untied, left side thigh....red star boxers?, red spiked wristband and barbed wire bracelet)

zF0w6e2.png
(Red and Black back patch with white devil-ish decal, full studded back)

LlMRuaK.jpg
(Anarchy neck tattoo, 3/4 view of mask w/ ^ ^ emote, better view of hoodie design)

Xica9RQ.jpg
(Leather studded mask, attached to LED display goggles [mesh overlay?], V ~ emote, camera in middle)

Unable to post .gif of emotes because of file being .gifv
Emote GIF

I will definitely need some assistance with the LED display on the goggles, and hopefully someone will be able to assist me with it. I had an idea of using something similar to Volpin's Thomas Bangalter (Daft Punk) build, but something more compact? I can do with having a battery pack and wiring on the headband of the goggles which would be logic as it is hidden and easily accessible. I am not a super 'tech savy' person, so if anyone would be able to help me with the LED display, that'd be awesome! And if it could switch between visuals, that'd be even better! I'm aware that includes coding and an Arduino (probably), but it's worth it since I love the look of this character.

I managed to find some items that are pretty similar what Wrench is wearing, but I am still shopping around.
CCFYMAJ.jpg
(Vest [Modified with more studs, patches, and buttons])

Q4F5AnE.jpg
(Jeans [Pretty close to his, might have to dye a little darker])

BaJu7u6.jpg
(Shoes [Gotta scuff 'em up])

JdneGzU.jpg
(Mask [Add more studs, attach to goggles])

PzwD4Cp.jpg
(Mask Alternative [Could combine mesh goggles from this with leather mask above, might also be able to house LED display easier])

z7sjaEl.jpgpVnd4H9.jpg
(Goggles [I don't know about these])

SgGvitK.jpgMHHcHMc.jpg
(Not sure if stars on leg are boxer shorts, or bandana)

Peq3rg9.jpg
(Studded Wristband [could modify to give 3 rows])

uFdVZCB.jpg
(Barbed Wire bracelet x2?)

I will hopefully keep this thread updated, and hopefully I'll be able to find someone to assist me with the LED Display in the goggles/visor.
Thank you for taking the time to look at my post, and feedback is always appreciated!

Have a great day!
- Wrenchh

Hey, hopefully you read this considering this is an old post.

A few things.
First, you could just use a paintball mask with a normal lens to give the LEDs a better effect.
Second, there is a full wrench cosplay guide by ubisoft that you could use if you haven't already.
Third, the goggles you mentioned may not be see through (and they don't look like it either) so you might want to look at these,

http://macetech.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=14&products_id=59

they're programmable shutter shades (albeit pricey) that you could put under the paintball mask and these are also RGB so you can change the colour.
Fourth, if you do go with a normal paintball mask (which I personally recommend because it looks like the mask) just put some leather on it and get some sort of spike kit for it. It would make your life easier.

Hopefully you're actually reading this and making the cosplay because I would absolutely love to see it. I wanted to make one myself but I'm just going into highschool and I have no money at all. If you need any help I'd love to be of service, just get ahold of me somehow and I'll reply. Happy Hanukkah or whatever, I hope it works out.
-Ethan

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back