Battle starship

Just keep adding it gets better every time I look, I can’t believe you said you were adding boring details here and there !!! This is never boring, you need to think what is under the mid section hull, sleeping quarters, officers mess, weapons storage ! To name a few, that could give you an idea of what to add to the outside, escape pods maybe, protected viewing area, the ships name with a light over it ( treky style)
what ever you decide will be outstanding

Thank you for the ideas, Ben-san.
Name the place to build is some good idea.
Huum...
Ahhh, I always wanted to put the ships name with a light over it . I forgot as usual.
Huuum...

I still don't know how you do this with metal....plastic is hard enough. hahaha

Thank you, Michael-san
It's rather easy than you think. Try to use something on your new ship.

Katsu-san, if that's your idea of "boring," please give us plenty of warning before you post something "exciting." I don't want to fall backwards out of my chair!

That antenna assemblies are beautiful, especially the long strip with the cutouts. That is inspired, and inspiring.

Thanks, Tom-san.
That cut out strip thing has happened to come up to my mind when I was thinking about the Christmas tree ornament.:p

Nice work as always Katsu-san! Those communication/sensor antennas came out way cool looking.

Ding!
Voice: Set details to Boring.
Katsu-san: Why?
Voice: You just want to stun them.
Katsu-san: Right. Why?
Voice: Exciting details would vaporize them.
Katsu-san: Right. Boring it is then.

Keep the "Boring" coming. Looking fabulous.

What to add to the mid section?

As mentioned above escape pods might be interesting. Then I thought, why would this ship ever need them with its time warp weapons? Maybe as a distraction to lower the guard of an enemy? "Look, they are abandoning ship. Hold fire." "They seem to be drifting." "Wait, their weapons are still fully...." "Oh crap!"

Mine laying racks?
Heat shields and thermal radiation panels?
Revisit the idea of the rotating radome/observation platform across that section?
Salvage/rescue pods?
Launch bays for the fighters?

Whatever you do will surprise and delight I am certain. Very glad we get to enjoy this creative process a little longer. :D

:lol:thumbsup
Thanks! Hagoth-san.
Wow, you got many ideas....
Huuum, as I looking at your ideas, I thought if I may have to stun you with the better idea, Maybe I have to reconsider it over from the different perspective.

How about the photo shooting stands?

FWbp9nA.jpg

kA0vCyF.jpg

Or place for PT.

lvaRo2k.jpg

Or, Doujou of Jyudou.

ta8RXyV.jpg

Naaaa, I don't want to make so many tiny figures any more.

Then again, a barber shop?

yzxheW6.jpg

:lol→:D:(→:facepalm

Outside is a heavy rain.

f6dyetV.jpg

mRGfxCV.jpg

OK, let's clean up the kitchen and get to the bench and see what I can.
If I can't, PC game and beer is always a better choice.

katsu

Ha! A barber shop! I leave it to you to come up with a creative way to show hair and no hair on 5mm tall metal figures. :lol

Thank you!
I love the first photo.
It is the port side deck of the battle ship Musashi a Yamato class 2nd ship.
The man in a white uniform at the center of the front row is
The emperor Hirohito.

By the way, I have to contact with Mitsubishi Material Co. to ask about the durability of the aluminum plates of my ship.:behave
It is the shame.

Last edited:
Thank you!
I love the first photo.
It is the port side deck of the battle ship Musashi a Yamato class 2nd ship.
The man in a white uniform at the center of the front row is
The emperor Hirohito.

By the way, I have to contact with Mitsubishi Material Co. to ask about the durability of the aluminum plates of my ship.:behave
It is the shame.

Agreed, that is a great picture! An epic moment.

Your comment about "durability of the aluminum plates..." sounds ominous. What triggered the concern?

Not sure what that points to. Looks like I need a subscription...?

So, nothing visible on your ship at the moment I trust. :(

Actuary, Mitsubishi Material Co. is the biggest high quality aluminum supplier in Japan.
Many industries in Japan or oversea are depending on this company. Car, aircraft... many more.
I guess it not really critical for safety of products but it's still shame.

Last edited:
In fact, I have been foreseeing this situation since long before.
May be you don't know but the efficiency of the Japanese worker is not so good.
Sometimes we had to cover this lack of efficiency by overtime of no pay.
And then, cost cut, man power cut followed.
This was supposed to be happened. Just a matter of time.:facepalm

It's getting very cold here.
How are you doing?

I've started to detail up here and there.
Here's a little progress.

adrzqDZ.jpg

UdICSAv.jpg

6S0ToIa.jpg

2b4QXjP.jpg

GRzBPWB.jpg

I've used 0.1 mm aluminum sheet for these thin plates. (Actually, it's a can of beer)

P4A2wt6.jpg

oeW4Ix1.jpg

d9DVYzo.jpg

1dqcvzz.jpg

This is it now.

Last Sunday to Tuesday, we have been to Ise, Shima in Mie prefacture as a family trip.
Ise is a place where the spirits of all the Emperor's ancestor have been worshiped in Jingu which is the head quarter of all the shrines of Japan.
It was a very beautiful, big, silent and spiritual place. I worshiped there and prayed for the Emperor's prosperity and long and peaceful life.

Also, I was wishing for my friends, Tom-san, Jedi Michael -san, Hagoth-san, Bengrim-san, Cadeus-san, Sofaking-01-san, DemBones-san, gedmac66-san, blakeh1-san, Pcoz-san and all the other friends here. I wished you may have a healthy and happy life.

'Shima peninsula' is the beautiful gulf with many islands. Any good sea food of oyster and lobster and it is very famous as a pearl aquaculture place.
G7 Summit has been held here last year.
Leaving Tokyo by super express.

9xPTLES.jpg

Looks like I'm like an idiot but it was a long time since I was on the Shinkansen, and I was very happy and up high.

kUSuGmt.jpg

k2TWHoT.jpg

Nwq7Skg.jpg

2PWcMqZ.jpg

c21vajY.jpg

sGqEHd0.jpg

The inn
Sea foods.

Wbme2A3.jpg

Gaming

LxwReXj.jpg

9pLMv6k.jpg

Nest Sunday, my daughter takes me to Tokyo Comic Convention 2017.
http://tokyocomiccon.jp/

I will post it later.

Thanks for looking.

Very cool trip, and great scenery. What better way to enjoy family time!

Added details to the model look great

So I guess the excuse for drinking more beer is that you need more aluminum for your model. The perfect excuse :D

And thank-you for the wishes, same for you!

Last edited:
As always, model is looking really great. Love the detailing around the guns.
And looks like you had to much fun.....is that even possible? ha
You deserve it.

Always good to see some updates on the model Katsu-san.

Looks amazing as usual.. Never know what to say.
I haven't commented much lately, but that is only because I didn't know what to say anymore. I am always amazed by the craftsmanship you put into your models..
Always watching though.

The trip you took with your beautiful family looks amazing. You live in an amazingly beautiful country.. I would love to visit it sometime in the near future..

Best regards,
Jim.

Beer cans used for creating detailed panel work on an already amazing scratch build ! ... now that’s a fine example of conscientious recycling if ever there was one !!! :cheers
Thanks also for sharing the family trip pics Katsu - san . You really are a lucky man .
Comic - con eh ! , with one of your daughters - is she the one who’s talented in zombie sculpting , or the seamstress / costume designer ? . Are you planning to dress up for this , if so anyone in particular ... perhaps a father and daughter theme ?

Ged ;)

Last edited:
The gun emplacement looks wonderful. I really like the metalwork surrounding it.

That looks to have been a very enjoyable trip, and thank you for the kind thoughts. (As a side note, this may be the first time I find myself on the same list as an Emperor!)

Do enjoy Comic Con, and take lots of pictures. If this is your first one, I suspect it may be a bit overwhelming. You won't be able to see EVERYTHING, so pick out a couple of things to do and make them your priority.

Like most everyone else in this thread, I'm running out of ways to say how beautiful this model is. Every time I think it can't get any better, you go and top yourself.

It's always great to see photos from your trips. Thank you for thinking of us and the nice wish! I certainly wish the same for you and your lovely family.

Very cool trip, and great scenery. What better way to enjoy family time!

Added details to the model look great

So I guess the excuse for drinking more beer is that you need more aluminum for your model. The perfect excuse :D

And thank-you for the wishes, same for you!

Thanks! blakeh1-san

Yup! I already got a sufficient supply..:D

As always, model is looking really great. Love the detailing around the guns.
And looks like you had to much fun.....is that even possible? ha
You deserve it.

Thank you JediMichael-san.
I'm very lucky also that I can see your present project.

Always good to see some updates on the model Katsu-san.

Looks amazing as usual.. Never know what to say.
I haven't commented much lately, but that is only because I didn't know what to say anymore. I am always amazed by the craftsmanship you put into your models..
Always watching though.

The trip you took with your beautiful family looks amazing. You live in an amazingly beautiful country.. I would love to visit it sometime in the near future..

Best regards,
Jim.

Thanks always, Caretaler10-san.
Please come soon, I bet you'll love every place here.
At that time, my home will be your inn.

Beer cans used for creating detailed panel work on an already amazing scratch build ! ... now that’s a fine example of conscientious recycling if ever there was one !!! :cheers
Thanks also for sharing the family trip pics Katsu - san . You really are a lucky man .
Comic - con eh ! , with one of your daughters - is she the one who’s talented in zombie sculpting , or the seamstress / costume designer ? . Are you planning to dress up for this , if so anyone in particular ... perhaps a father and daughter theme ?

Ged ;)

Thanks, Ged-san. At least, I should do the good thing for the environment maybe once in a couple of years or so.
It is my daughter #1 costume designer. One with the eye glasses in above pics. Like my daughter #2, she is a big fan of Marvel and DC heroes.
The latest one she love is ... ahhh ...Dead Pool....:facepalm
Dress up plan? I think she has something about it. For me? How about 'Salaried Man'.:rolleyes

The gun emplacement looks wonderful. I really like the metalwork surrounding it.

That looks to have been a very enjoyable trip, and thank you for the kind thoughts. (As a side note, this may be the first time I find myself on the same list as an Emperor!)

Do enjoy Comic Con, and take lots of pictures. If this is your first one, I suspect it may be a bit overwhelming. You won't be able to see EVERYTHING, so pick out a couple of things to do and make them your priority.

Thank you very much, Tom-san.
The trip is so wonderful for me. And often I was thinking that if I could see this place around with my friends in RPF it will be a great experience for us.
I'd like to put up some more pics of the second day of the tour later because on that day my tablet PC got run out of battery. So I will borrow my wife's pics on that day.
That was amazing!
And thanks for the good advice.
Oh, looks like they change the previous schedule. We are going Today!!

Like most everyone else in this thread, I'm running out of ways to say how beautiful this model is. Every time I think it can't get any better, you go and top yourself.

It's always great to see photos from your trips. Thank you for thinking of us and the nice wish! I certainly wish the same for you and your lovely family.

Thank you very much, Bones-san. I couldn't stop posting those pics of our trip. That was so amazing. I was realized that we are living in a small island country but still we have many place that I should see here. I had been so busy and living tight till now and I was loosing many opportunity to see many place I don't know. I hope if I could recover them somehow.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back