Battle starship

Thank you, sensei! While I suspect English is a more difficult language to learn (due mainly to its borrowing from so many other languages,) Nihon-go has a considerable amount of subtlety to it.

Tom-san, I knew you are the kind of man always try to learn something new.

Well, so much pain to share so little progress.

End cap of the aft section. Still I'm not satisfied. I need another idea for this.

tgrQk6y.jpg

RkSVTXZ.jpg

RkSVTXZ.jpg

And to the nose section.

qTALUS4.jpg

0KxnVBx.jpg

qrjHUDi.jpg

Huuum....

Main Guns

vL6r6ob.jpg

TqRt3Om.jpg

miIWPeX.jpg

olxy7Cb.jpg

75h7KCt.jpg

tdflYNT.jpg

tvmyoGy.jpg

kqenoYC.jpg

5aAxjoy.jpg

OiIz2xE.jpg

YAnlMOx.jpg

Thank you very much for looking,

Katsu

Really liking the front end treatment. Impressive. Wouldn't want to be looking down those barrels.

As for the end caps on the aft section I think I see what you mean. They don't seem to blend. How about turning them into mirrored ram scoops (similar triangle orientation as they are now) about 3 times the current length and blend them into the top and bottom sections. Like ducts going into the round intake looking features you already have in there. As for the middle section on the back side (where the screen is) turn that into a series of vertical bypass type doors that tapper back into the pipes. I hope that idea makes sense or triggers a new genius configuration in your brain the likes of which we have never conceived of. :D You do set a high bar with your creativity.

Love the guns, especially the 2nd set (the inner ones.) You make being awesome look easy...

Thanks a lot, Tom-san.

Maybe add antenna clusters, something like the nose of the Sulaco.

Uuuu, cough, cough, oh,oh yeah.. That's what I was just thinking.
Th, thanks. (cough):p

Brilliant work so far. No bento boxes? :popcorn

Oh, thank you! That is the only thing what I can show you with confidence lately.

Really liking the front end treatment. Impressive. Wouldn't want to be looking down those barrels.

As for the end caps on the aft section I think I see what you mean. They don't seem to blend. How about turning them into mirrored ram scoops (similar triangle orientation as they are now) about 3 times the current length and blend them into the top and bottom sections. Like ducts going into the round intake looking features you already have in there. As for the middle section on the back side (where the screen is) turn that into a series of vertical bypass type doors that tapper back into the pipes. I hope that idea makes sense or triggers a new genius configuration in your brain the likes of which we have never conceived of. :D You do set a high bar with your creativity.

Oh, yes, (cough x 3). That's what I have been thinking.(cough x 3).:p
Seriously, you got the exact point what I troubled about and you got me a very attractive and considerable idea like Leol-san suggested me.
Let me take another few days to think about it.

Today, I went on building the nose section.
I was trying to design the mid deck of the nose.

I wanted to fix up a commanding room here.
It will be a wide floor with large windows.

I drew some sketches and picked one.

6xCHtDn.jpg

Then I traced a sketch onto the transparent sheet to see what would it looks like.

kQSzFgg.jpg

dFC4TIS.jpg

qSwOY29.jpg

It's the window like a shape of 'Deckard's oldfashioned glass' sorrounded by a several vertical struts.

Since I wanted to have a window with a clear glasses, I used a acrylic sheet.

In my mind, there were two method to make it.
One is to brake down the window into six parts to cut out the acrylic plate and glue them together.
that was so complicated and was difficult to make it with no trouble.
Measured and cut out each parts and adjust the measurements of sizes and angles and carefully glued each parts. It took more than 4 hours.

xDcuvoq.jpg

The other one is using a heat bend method of an acrylic plate I used to use.
I cut out the one long plate and bent it and cut it in three and glue them at once.

That was so easier by far than I thought. It took only about 30 minutes.

47wzPUy.jpg

And here's a results.

One on the left is made by cut and glue.
The right side one is made by heat bent then cut and glue.

iukBWT1.jpg

Here's a cut and glue without bend.

dWhUlre.jpg

And here's a bent one.

qIQmocJ.jpg

The clarity is obvious.
I worried about the distortion around the bent line but that was OK.

MWNSol5.jpg

This is it for today. I haven't even think about the way I make the window frames yet.:D

Oh, Leol-san, here's my recent work of bento box.:D

Monday was a burger box with Mexican fried potatoes(it was just sprinkle some Tacos sauce mix powder)

pDJ6zei.jpg

Yesterday was an Omelette concealed some rice fried with tomato sauce inside. And soy sauce flavored grilled chicken wing stick.
lwHe7XQ.jpg

This morning I forgot to take a photo.:facepalm
That was a beef patty stuffed in eggplant, green pepper and zucchini and deep fried.
She gave me a mail 'Fantastic!' :love

Thank you very much my friends,

katsu

Last edited:
I love the angled windows - I think I would have expected them to bend outward at the center, rather than inward. I like being surprised.

Those are some beautiful meals.

Yeah, I really like that bended glass and the technique. Looking forward to seeing if little crew members will eventually occupy the Command Room.

The bento boxes look delicious as always, especially the omelet with rice and shrimp.

I love the angled windows - I think I would have expected them to bend outward at the center, rather than inward. I like being surprised.

Those are some beautiful meals.

Thank you, Tom-san,
My motto is 'If you try to do something, do something opposite of it'.
It's illogical but it often true for me.:D

Yeah, I really like that bended glass and the technique. Looking forward to seeing if little crew members will eventually occupy the Command Room.

The bento boxes look delicious as always, especially the omelet with rice and shrimp.

Thank you very much for the very kind comment.
This morning I tried to make a figure.
It's 7 mm tall which means 1/ 260 scale.
There must be some other technique to make it better.

yoybOQ9.jpg

mUn9e5k.jpg

btIefxl.jpg

And thanks for the comment for the bento.
My wife loves the Omelet Rice very much since she was a kid.
Her mother used to cook for her.
This is an unpretentious Japanese food of the common people, it's called Omurice.:D
It's basically cooked rice fried with some chopped vegetables like anything in your refrigerator- carrot, peas, green pepper and chopped bacon or sausage and seasoned with just a ketchup. (Heinz ketchup is good for this) and covered with fried eggs.

Love the bent glass, you are full of surprises and so skilled, Mmmmmm food !! now I'm hungry.

Thank you very much!! have a nice meal.:lol

Your updates never disappoint!

Thank you very much for the cheerful comment, Moo-san.

And thanks for the suggestion by Leol-san and Hagoth-san, I've just tried to fix that end cap.
I've happened to find a old souvenir from the past in my junk box.

It was supposed to be a cowling. I've salvaged and fix it for the end cap as a test fitting.

5hnaIxS.jpg

e7dD4yj.jpg

How is that?

7Qa5gxJ.jpg

JOYK9Sq.jpg

It may need a few more twist and would be better longer by an inch or so.

Thanks for looking

katsu

Last edited:
Hi, here's a little work.

Test fitting of the window frame.
It's almost OK.

B0LVV0v.jpg

UMRsOYs.jpg

q9fEWmz.jpg

UMRsOYs.jpg

To put in a commanding room, I've made some micro chairs.
I had thought some idea how to make it and this may be the eligible one.
It was easy and took 3 to 5 minutes to build one.

Cut out the 1.8 mm wide strip from 0.3 mm thick aluminum sheet.

VHAWxx1.jpg

Kpi3UEE.jpg

rzEaRu1.jpg

KQTc5Nu.jpg

7bgwKJ4.jpg

8sKxNxu.jpg

Thanks for looking.

I'm going to enjoy PC games this afternoon.
Now I'm playing DCS Combat Flight Simulator of F15C and A10A.
I'm getting a good score on 1 vs 1 'guns only' dog fighting on F-15 against Su27 Flanker.

And the Cold Water. The Cold water is the maritime warfare simulation game of a US nuclear submarine..
If you like the movie 'Hunt for Red October', you'll love it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNp1sUlQfKg

katsu

Last edited:
Nice trick, but we know making chairs that small is impossible. That's just a REALLY big pencil. :lol

(Honestly, that's an elegantly simple way to make the chairs. I'm sure I would have never considered constructing them like that.)

Nice trick, but we know making chairs that small is impossible. That's just a REALLY big pencil. :lol

(Honestly, that's an elegantly simple way to make the chairs. I'm sure I would have never considered constructing them like that.)

Yeah, yeah, you say that again. :lol
Thanks Tom-san.

As always, love your ingenuity! Great Monday update.

Thank you very much !!

Here's a progress on command room.

B62fj9h.jpg

This is some kind of a catwalk around the window.

24P6IGD.jpg

I added a small console in front of the chairs.

rKRuBHQ.jpg

8L3nitF.jpg

q2pNdrM.jpg

The console is looking dull. I may have to make it again.

Thanks for looking.

katsu

Terrific updates yuumi-san . Loving what you're doing with the command area . Just a thought or two ( for you to take or leave ) , the way you've designed the upper deck seems to waste a lot of space ( not a criticism , just observation ) . Why not consider extending the upper floor to at least half the length of the room ( i.e. Up to where the stairways on the bottom start ) , and you could add more consoles / chairs /machinery etc .around the bottom floor , creating an illusion of ' busyness ' on such a large ship .
Your skills and creativity are really appreciated and admired . Thank you for continuing to share .
Cheers Ged .

Terrific updates yuumi-san . Loving what you're doing with the command area . Just a thought or two ( for you to take or leave ) , the way you've designed the upper deck seems to waste a lot of space ( not a criticism , just observation ) . Why not consider extending the upper floor to at least half the length of the room ( i.e. Up to where the stairways on the bottom start ) , and you could add more consoles / chairs /machinery etc .around the bottom floor , creating an illusion of ' busyness ' on such a large ship .
Your skills and creativity are really appreciated and admired . Thank you for continuing to share .
Cheers Ged .

HI, gedmac66-san, thanks for the comment.

In fact, I was wondering to extend the upper floor to do as you said.
Then I had another idea.

I've thinking to put a large spherical three dimensional situation display in the center of the lower deck
or large transparent overhead tactical display hanging down from the ceiling or on the 2nd floor.
Now I'm looking for anything I can use for it. Anyway, I prefer a large space(Not a tight room).
The gem ball in the last pic is what I found but it was bit too large.

Last edited:
HI, gedmac66-san, thanks for the comment.

In fact, I was wondering to extend the upper floor to do as you said.
Then I had another idea.

I've thinking to put a large spherical three dimensional situation display in the center of the lower deck
or large transparent overhead tactical display hanging down from the ceiling or on the 2nd floor.
Now I'm looking for anything I can use for it. Anyway, I prefer a large space(Not a tight room).
The gem ball in the last pic is what I found but it was bit too large.

This might not be what you have in mind, but it reminded me of the bridge from The Black Hole. I always loved the design of that massive ship bridge:

The-Black-Hole-bridge.jpg

You've much better ideas yuumi-san ! , that spherical display sounds interesting ( sort of a ' holographic theme ) ? . What about some clear styrene sheets ( with images ) , hanging from the ceiling like huge flat screen transparent screens ? .... whatever you end with , I'm sure it'll be amazing anyway !

Cheers Ged

This might not be what you have in mind, but it reminded me of the bridge from The Black Hole. I always loved the design of that massive ship bridge:

View attachment 746555

I was a college student when I saw that movie in a theater. I don't remember the story but the spaceship was impressive.:)

You've much better ideas yuumi-san ! , that spherical display sounds interesting ( sort of a ' holographic theme ) ? . What about some clear styrene sheets ( with images ) , hanging from the ceiling like huge flat screen transparent screens ? .... whatever you end with , I'm sure it'll be amazing anyway !

Cheers Ged

Thanks! Ged-san.
I found some materials for that and I've ordered them.
They will be coming soon.
While I wait for them, I thought I make some parts for further detailing.

Cut up a .3 mm sheet for making some strips.
For the time saving, fold it in half for and nibbled.

sBzciS5.jpg

3gIwISx.jpg

DDEztpz.jpg

Bent with a thin tip pliers.

HotyEP0.jpg

It can be used like this.

h11uBWZ.jpg

pyoqzq7.jpg

Or like this.

LlNbGVO.jpg

May be I could find something out of my junk parts box but it's a waste of time for me.
Build whatever you want is fun.

Thanks for looking.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back