Battle starship

Pheu...:confused
When I post yesterday, looks like I did something wrong and huge text data has been put up on it.
Maybe the pic data was different as usual, I guess. Anyway, the kind moderator deleted it for me. Thank you !

OK, now I'm ready to raise the complex company for sure.
Katsu Sauce division, Bento box division, Bionic Glass Division, and Metal Kit division.
Then I'll be a multimillionaire.
Just watch out for the Product liability. :lol

Thanks

Pheu...:confused
When I post yesterday, looks like I did something wrong and huge text data has been put up on it.
Maybe the pic data was different as usual, I guess. Anyway, the kind moderator deleted it for me. Thank you !

OK, now I'm ready to raise the complex company for sure.
Katsu Sauce division, Bento box division, Bionic Glass Division, and Metal Kit division.
Then I'll be a multimillionaire.
Just watch out for the Product liability. :lol

Thanks
dont forget Katsu custom Mail box division !

Somehow I got dropped from receiving updates on this thread. :cry I've missed it. So now that I'm back following...

Wow! once again. Your creativity knows no bounds. I love seeing the source of the various parts you incorporate into your project. I suspect there is an additional feature of your very cool bionic eye piece. Remote feedback from your bore scope camera and the systems on your ship as a HUD style display. :D

Among all the amazing details you are adding I really like the little struts at the point where the engine pods join the mid section of the ship. They just strike me as really fitting and a nice touch.

I think Katsu sauce is really the power source for this wonder of engineering. In more ways than one. ;)

Never forget a friend

I knew it's very true by all means all the time.

Somehow I got dropped from receiving updates on this thread. :cry I've missed it. So now that I'm back following...

Wow! once again. Your creativity knows no bounds. I love seeing the source of the various parts you incorporate into your project. I suspect there is an additional feature of your very cool bionic eye piece. Remote feedback from your bore scope camera and the systems on your ship as a HUD style display. :D

Among all the amazing details you are adding I really like the little struts at the point where the engine pods join the mid section of the ship. They just strike me as really fitting and a nice touch.

I think Katsu sauce is really the power source for this wonder of engineering. In more ways than one. ;)

Thanks for being here again!

Wow! once again. Your creativity knows no bounds. I love seeing the source of the various parts you incorporate into your project. I suspect there is an additional feature of your very cool bionic eye piece. Remote feedback from your bore scope camera and the systems on your ship as a HUD style display.

Thanks for the comment! About the additional features on my glasses, uhhh. it's under development. Maybe I can catch up by uhhh next Christmas....
In fact, my daughter #1 says that I need to add a little more tweak on this glasses... she is always a severe critic to me...

Oh, you've checked that part. Thank you !!

:lol

Today, they are going to take me to the stage of Trockadero in Tokyo.
One of the dancer is my daughter #1's acquaintance through her costume business and he is kindly inviting us to their backstage. Seems exciting!

Last edited:
At first I would like to express my sincere mourn for the innocent people who died or wounded bin that sudden tragedy.
I know there must be many opinions to discus about to ban the gun or control the gun in the USA.
And of course I know that each of you have your own opinion.
I don't know if the situation about the gun is the main cause of this tragedy but I think that now is the time for only sorrow.
Just for sorrow.

Here's a few progress of the last several days.
I thought it no an appropriate time to show you my progress this time but
This is this.

OK
I had been designing and building a gun for this ship.
It took a lot to make this in shape. How big, how to mount, etc.
May be you are expecting some kind of a beam, pulse or a laser weapons.
But finally I took a very conventional weapon system.

7A1AIFT.jpg

soCQ4u0.jpg

riaXnyF.jpg

fQx0K59.jpg

ig7P5X2.jpg

98HuoGq.jpg

13OkNbE.jpg

bhNVoIx.jpg

xDmwEjp.jpg

isVkyKB.jpg

aAlM5ZH.jpg

ZykI4dp.jpg

4fEnCYL.jpg

UP9NmcU.jpg

G3c5ksU.jpg

INgB37t.jpg

bFaAg6y.jpg

As you see, it's the 3 barrel gatling gun turret.
I have always loved this gun system and also, chain gun system.
Laser pulse gun is OK but I like the gun fires numerous hard metal projectiles.
It's reliable and strong.

I hope you agree with this gun on this ship.

qsHtXVl.jpg

Thank you very much for looking.

Katsu

Last edited:
Terrific craftsmanship as always Katsu-san :love . The ‘ Gatling ‘ Guns / Cannons !? ( due to size ) LOL ! look great . I have a question though , and please know that I’m pretty ignorant regarding this subject , but , how does it work ? .

I mean firing solid projectiles in space ? . Asking cause , there was an episode of ‘ Firefly ‘ where Jayne was shooting a gun ( Vera ) ? - out , through space , but to do so he needed to fire it through a sealed spacesuit ( needing oxygen for chemical reaction ) ? . Is this how yours work as well ?

Cheers Ged

As always, simply awesome. Seeing development from original sketch to final piece really lets us see your process -thank you so much for continuing to share.

Your ability to design a fantastic three dimensional shape, and then unfold it into a flat sheet, is really impressive.

Terrific craftsmanship as always Katsu-san :love . The ‘ Gatling ‘ Guns / Cannons !? ( due to size ) LOL ! look great . I have a question though , and please know that I’m pretty ignorant regarding this subject , but , how does it work ? .

I mean firing solid projectiles in space ? . Asking cause , there was an episode of ‘ Firefly ‘ where Jayne was shooting a gun (

If I were designing a projectile weapon system for a starship, I'd go with the rail gun or gauss rifle. No gunpowder needed to fire it, just electricity.

I mean firing solid projectiles in space ? . Asking cause , there was an episode of ‘ Firefly ‘ where Jayne was shooting a gun ( Vera ) ? - out , through space , but to do so he needed to fire it through a sealed spacesuit ( needing oxygen for chemical reaction ) ? . Is this how yours work as well ?

Cheers Ged

Hi! Thanks for the comment and asking.
The first time I knew the fact that a gun can fire in the vacuum space was when I was a 12 years old. My father told me that NASA provided a simple question to the public that what items do you choose if you are deserted in the moon alone. Father told me the answer and was impressive for me. There were many items like oxygen bottles, parachute, food, light, battery, and the cal 45 automatic hand gun. I asked my father,
"Why do you need a parachute?"
" You need it to wrap them and carry.'
"Why do you need a gun?"
"Because you might be happened to meet any other unknown or hostile party of life form." (NASA was thinking about USSR or alien?')
"Can I fire a gun in a space?"
" Of course, just like you can fire a gun in the water, you can fire a gun in the space. The gunpowder in the cartridges have oxygen in it."
"I got it."

Actually, there are many issue to fire many bullets from the automatic weapon in the space. Something like a ’Vacuum deposition'. But anyway, basically, you can fire gun in the space. Technical issue will be fixed in the future, I guess.

I like it. The black metal reminds me of the look from Tron.

Oh, I see. I check it again.
Thanks!

As always, simply awesome. Seeing development from original sketch to final piece really lets us see your process -thank you so much for continuing to share.

You are welcome and thanks for the comment.
I am very happy to share my work with you always.

Your ability to design a fantastic three dimensional shape, and then unfold it into a flat sheet, is really impressive.

If I were designing a projectile weapon system for a starship, I'd go with the rail gun or gauss rifle. No gunpowder needed to fire it, just electricity.

Thanks, Tom-san.

Just because, I am the honorable member of the International Dimension Institute Of Technology, also known as I.D.I.O.T

Rail gun? Ha, you have no idea how much electric power you need for those weapons.:facepalm
The entire light system in my Space battleship are flickering when the air conditioner in the shack turned on.
It's the big problem.:thumbsdown
Instead, you only need a little hammer to ignite the primer to fire gun!
The advantage is clear!
No objection allowed.
This is my official statement as an expert staff of Space Trajectile Usage Project International Division,
also well known as ....
Cough..

Very well crafted!

And a formidable defense as well

Thank you very much, and your opinion is right on. Convince Tom-san please.
I insist as a member of Modern Organized Research Of National... never mind.

Each new post is an absolute joy to see! :thumbsup

Thank you very much!

katsu

Cough..

Last edited:
Katsu-san , like I mentioned in my latest post - I’m pretty ignorant when it comes to shooting ( projectiles ) in space . To be honest living where I do , I really don’t know much about firearms in general .

I do know your imagination and skills to bring things to life - simply ... ahem .... ‘ Blow me away ! ‘.... Thanks also for your ‘ how it’ll work ‘ explanation - cool story ;)

Ged :thumbsup

Ged-san, The situation here about the firearms are just the same as yours.90% of Japanese people doesn't know much about the firearms and guns.
We are strictly prohibited to own even a hunting gun without official licences.
Moreover, we can't even touch the real gun.
If I tried to obtain the licence, we have to start the licence of the air gun.
After ten years possession without any trouble, we are allowed to obtain the licence of
possessing a hunting gun or a competition gun. But never been allowed to have a hand gun like
Glock, SIG or anything for self defense gun anyway.
I'm the very minority. Maybe I should say I'm a kind of gun nuts.:lol

Rail gun? Ha, you have no idea how much electric power you need for those weapons.:facepalm
The entire light system in my Space battleship are flickering when the air conditioner in the shack turned on.
It's the big problem.:thumbsdown.

That poor chief engineer! :D

Yeah that might not be good. Who knows how many times have they almost been destroyed because the captain's wife thought the bridge was too cold in the middle of a battle... ;)

Convince Tom-san please.
I insist as a member of Modern Organized Research Of National... never mind.

Cheers Ged

As we learned in training from Space Trajectile Usage Project International Division....:lol guns do shoot in space.

You just need some way to counteract the force from the gun so you don't get thrown back. I am assuming this could be done with some kind of thrusters counteracting the blast

On a side note, you have to watch out though. If shooting in orbit around a planet for example, you could theoretically shoot yourself in the back :D

https://www.livescience.com/18588-shoot-gun-space.html

Fires can't burn in the oxygen-free vacuum of space, but guns can shoot. Modern ammunition contains its own oxidizer, a chemical that will trigger the explosion of gunpowder, and thus the firing of a bullet, wherever you are in the universe. No atmospheric oxygen required.
The only difference between pulling the trigger on Earth and in space is the shape of the resulting smoke trail. In space, "it would be an expanding sphere of smoke from the tip of the barrel," said Peter Schultz an astronomer at Brown University who researches impact craters.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back