Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22272829303132
Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    May 2016
    From
    Perth, Western Australia
    Messages
    443
    1 Week Ago  Dec 3, 2017, 9:46 PM - Re: Battle starship #776

    Thanks for sharing those photos Katsu - san , the ones from Ise Jingu are Beautiful , and your 1st Comic Con ( interesting dialogue ) between your BW and yourself , very enlightening ! . How did you find the Comic Con experience , was it ‘ your cup of tea ‘ ? Didn’t see too many cosplayers around !?
  2. yuumi2891103's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2010
    From
    Small local town near Narita airport
    Messages
    1,836
    1 Week Ago  Dec 4, 2017, 2:16 AM - Re: Battle starship #777

    SmilingOtter said: View Post
    Excellent pictures. And I'm glad Your Beautiful Wife (YBW) got to attend as well. I hope she had a good time.

    And I can totally understand your reluctance to buy model kits at this point. It would be like an artist using a paint-by-numbers kit. (Do they have those in Japan?)

    As I'm sure you found out, it would be easy to spend any amount of money at conventions like that. Very dangerous places...

    Next year you should all go in costume!

    Thanks!
    Honestly, there were a few things that I wanted to buy out there.
    Next time I will bring some money to buy items. I may have to save for the day.


    Dem Bones said: View Post
    Love the photos, looks like everyone enjoyed themselves! Comic-con looks fun but also a bit overwhelming. Ise Jingu is amazing ó that's more my speed, especially with all that food and drink!
    Thanks! Ise-Jingu and Comic-con were quite experiences. I have it both in a week.
    Frankly, I guess the Comi-con Japan might be a smaller version to compare with yours.
    Yours must be a vast scale. In fact, I could see the site all over in 3 or 4 hours.
    Yours must be a big one. I'm not surprised if I find a Batmobile or a Bike speeder out side at the parking lot.

    gedmac66 said: View Post
    Thanks for sharing those photos Katsu - san , the ones from Ise Jingu are Beautiful , and your 1st Comic Con ( interesting dialogue ) between your BW and yourself , very enlightening ! . How did you find the Comic Con experience , was it Ď your cup of tea Ď ? Didnít see too many cosplayers around !?
    Ha ha, thanks!
    I guess you might think that the conversation between me and MBW is something I made up, no, most of them were for real.


    Figures and people in costume.
















    Wow, Japanese mother of Captain America.


















    Oh, I wanted to buy one. $230... no way.










    Cpt. Malcom-Mal



    And this....

    My wife and my daughter are the big fun of him. 'Castle'
    They said they never gonna take a shower today!





    That's it. Thanks for looking!!

    katsu
  3. Strode's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2013
    From
    In my head
    Messages
    645
    1 Week Ago  Dec 4, 2017, 6:21 AM - Re: Battle starship #778

    Oh my god. You took a picture with Malcolm Reynolds? Serious envy happening here.
  4. Member Since
    May 2016
    From
    Perth, Western Australia
    Messages
    443
    1 Week Ago  Dec 4, 2017, 9:46 AM - Re: Battle starship #779

    That’s your daughter Yuki right ? Almost didn’t recognise her ( no glasses LOL ! ) with picture of Capt ‘n Mal , your BW ( looks pretty happy too ! ) , and your good self of course !

    What were the items that interested you - for next year ?

    Ged
    Last edited by gedmac66; 1 Week Ago at 9:57 AM.
  5. RPF Premium Member Dem Bones's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2011
    Messages
    391
    1 Week Ago  Dec 4, 2017, 11:14 AM - Re: Battle starship #780

    Yes, the U.S. Comic-con seems to be enormous and a serious strain on the wallet, as SmilingOtter mentioned. I get a little claustrophobic in large crowds so I could never attend but it's fun to see other people's recollections of these events.

    Your daughter looks like she had no intention of letting Castle go! Has she seen the show Firefly? She would probably love it.

    That photo of your wife with Leatherface really made me laugh. She seems to be thinking, "please don't let this guy follow us around for the rest of the day!"
  6. SmilingOtter's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2001
    Messages
    4,534
    1 Week Ago  Dec 4, 2017, 2:35 PM - Re: Battle starship #781

    Nice photos - especially with Nathan Fillion. Liking "Castle" shows your family has good taste in TV shows. And yes, if you haven't watched "Firefly" (followed by the film Serenity) I highly recommend them.
  7. blakeh1's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2011
    From
    Jamison, Pennsylvania
    Messages
    2,163
    1 Week Ago  Dec 4, 2017, 2:39 PM - Re: Battle starship #782

    Looks and sounds like it was a blast

    thanks for posting those pics!
  8. yuumi2891103's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2010
    From
    Small local town near Narita airport
    Messages
    1,836
    1 Week Ago  Dec 4, 2017, 11:30 PM - Re: Battle starship #783

    Strode said: View Post
    Oh my god. You took a picture with Malcolm Reynolds? Serious envy happening here.
    Yes, we did! This photo will be my family's treasure.
    When we took a picture with him, I told him 'I can't believe that we can see you in person!!'
    He was looked so glad to here that.

    gedmac66 said: View Post
    Thatís your daughter Yuki right ? Almost didnít recognise her ( no glasses LOL ! ) with picture of Capt Ďn Mal , your BW ( looks pretty happy too ! ) , and your good self of course !

    What were the items that interested you - for next year ?

    Ged
    Thanks, we were so happy. Especially, I didn't expect that my wife was gonna enjoyed it so much.
    She said she felt like got younger at least 10 years . Oh, I hope so.
    Next year, we will get our self in a costume!!

    Dem Bones said: View Post
    Yes, the U.S. Comic-con seems to be enormous and a serious strain on the wallet, as SmilingOtter mentioned. I get a little claustrophobic in large crowds so I could never attend but it's fun to see other people's recollections of these events.

    Your daughter looks like she had no intention of letting Castle go! Has she seen the show Firefly? She would probably love it.

    That photo of your wife with Leatherface really made me laugh. She seems to be thinking, "please don't let this guy follow us around for the rest of the day!"
     My wife loves a horror movie rather than SciFi. She loves Texas chain saw series. Oh, I don't.

    SmilingOtter said: View Post
    Nice photos - especially with Nathan Fillion. Liking "Castle" shows your family has good taste in TV shows. And yes, if you haven't watched "Firefly" (followed by the film Serenity) I highly recommend them.
    Thanks, Tom-san.

    blakeh1 said: View Post
    Looks and sounds like it was a blast

    thanks for posting those pics!
    Thank you ! I'm glad that you enjoyed them!

    Hey,hey,hey, Bones-san, Tom-san,
    What do you thing I am? Of course I have watched that TV show and movie!
    It's so sorrow that the show ended up in only 1 season.
  9. SmilingOtter's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2001
    Messages
    4,534
    1 Week Ago  Dec 5, 2017, 9:38 AM - Re: Battle starship #784

    yuumi2891103 said: View Post
    Hey,hey,hey, Bones-san, Tom-san,
    What do you thing I am? Of course I have watched that TV show and movie!
    It's so sorrow that the show ended up in only 1 season.
    Just checking... Every so often I run across someone who should be aware of the show but isn't.

    I love the Firefly references in Castle. This was probably my favorite:
  10. blakeh1's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2011
    From
    Jamison, Pennsylvania
    Messages
    2,163
    1 Week Ago  Dec 5, 2017, 12:54 PM - Re: Battle starship #785

    yuumi2891103 said: View Post
    Next year, we will get our self in a costume!!
    Any thoughts which costumes?

    or is that a surprise
  11. Hagoth's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2015
    Messages
    207
    1 Week Ago  Dec 6, 2017, 6:02 PM - Re: Battle starship #786

    Ahhhh, this thread is like a breath of fresh life. So nice to catch up on.

    Fresh life = Retirement? Seems valid to me.
  12. yuumi2891103's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2010
    From
    Small local town near Narita airport
    Messages
    1,836
    6 Days Ago  Dec 6, 2017, 11:21 PM - Re: Battle starship #787

    SmilingOtter said: View Post
    Just checking... Every so often I run across someone who should be aware of the show but isn't.

    I love the Firefly references in Castle. This was probably my favorite:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0g42UxfB6MI
    Oh, I saw that episode. That made me smile.

    Nathan Fillion is a very charming guy. Big guy and handsome but very friendly and humorous.


    blakeh1 said: View Post
    Any thoughts which costumes?

    or is that a surprise
    Looks like my ladies thinking something.
    I will be willing to suffer it.

    Hagoth said: View Post
    Ahhhh, this thread is like a breath of fresh life. So nice to catch up on.

    Fresh life = Retirement? Seems valid to me.
    Thank you, Hagoth-san.
    Sure it is. You'll never fail your second life for sure.

    Well let me put up some of the progress.

    I made some handrail.



    Does it look like a battleship?!





    Detailing the hanger deck.
















    Battle ship needs some rivets on a hull.

    Here comes the beer can again.

    I found a little difference of thickness of each brand.
    Japanese beer and foreign brand beer which was canned in Japan has thicker aluminum.
    Exported can is rather thinner.














    Does it look like a battleship?

    This is it so far.



    Thank you verymuch for looking.

    katsu
  13. Member Since
    May 2016
    From
    Perth, Western Australia
    Messages
    443
    6 Days Ago  Dec 7, 2017, 8:31 AM - Re: Battle starship #788

    She’s looking beautiful and very well dressed Katsu - san ! . Not sure about the railing ( scale - wise ) , but the riveting is inspired .

    I don’t know why ( and apologies sir - no offence meant at all ) , but in my mind I can’t help thinking it’s about to ‘ transform ‘ & ‘ reconfigure ‘ any minute now . LOL !!!
  14. SmilingOtter's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2001
    Messages
    4,534
    6 Days Ago  Dec 7, 2017, 9:40 AM - Re: Battle starship #789

    gedmac66 said: View Post
    I don’t know why ( and apologies sir - no offence meant at all ) , but in my mind I can’t help thinking it’s about to ‘ transform ‘ & ‘ reconfigure ‘ any minute now . LOL !!!
    At this point, that wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

    One thing that impresses me is that several of the techniques you're using weren't brought over from your plastic models - you had to alter the methods for metal, or come up with brand new ways to do things. So you're obviously still learning and experimenting.
  15. blakeh1's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2011
    From
    Jamison, Pennsylvania
    Messages
    2,163
    6 Days Ago  Dec 7, 2017, 9:40 AM - Re: Battle starship #790

    Looks like it's almost ready for a launching ceremony from the space drydock
  16. RPF Premium Member Soulinertia's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2010
    From
    Colorado
    Messages
    4,137
    6 Days Ago  Dec 7, 2017, 1:29 PM - Re: Battle starship #791

    Looking forward to some full EPIC shots of this beautiful beast!
  17. Member Since
    Feb 2015
    Messages
    13
    6 Days Ago  Dec 7, 2017, 4:39 PM - Re: Battle starship #792

    Words fail me. All it needs is a coat of paint and she's ready to fly out of the Katsu Planitia Starship yards.

    gedmac66 said: View Post
    Not sure about the railing ( scale - wise )
    That's not hand railing. It's an EM field dispersal multiplier rail. A special energy weapons defense against flanking shots.

    That's the beauty of SF creations. Mundane objects can become whatever thingamajig you want them to be.
  18. Hagoth's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2015
    Messages
    207
    6 Days Ago  Dec 7, 2017, 5:13 PM - Re: Battle starship #793

    What an ingenious method for making rivets! Regardless of if anyone thinks this looks like a battleship or not (It classifies as one in my imagination) I certainly would not want to be on the receiving end of its weapons.

    Impressive. Very impressive.

    Looking ready for a coat of of paint and markings and then a christening. Hmmm, not sure you would want your BW (Beautiful Wife) smashing a bottle of champagne across the bow. You might have to make a teeny tiny bottle out of sugar... to scale.
  19. yuumi2891103's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2010
    From
    Small local town near Narita airport
    Messages
    1,836
    6 Days Ago  Dec 7, 2017, 6:17 PM - Re: Battle starship #794

    gedmac66 said: View Post
    She’s looking beautiful and very well dressed Katsu - san ! . Not sure about the railing ( scale - wise ) , but the riveting is inspired .

    I don’t know why ( and apologies sir - no offence meant at all ) , but in my mind I can’t help thinking it’s about to ‘ transform ‘ & ‘ reconfigure ‘ any minute now . LOL !!!
    Thank you Ged-san. Yeah, I agree with you. That handrail is little bit out of style. I just wanted to try that.
    I can see your image of transforming. It looks like Macros or something.


    SmilingOtter said: View Post
    At this point, that wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

    One thing that impresses me is that several of the techniques you're using weren't brought over from your plastic models - you had to alter the methods for metal, or come up with brand new ways to do things. So you're obviously still learning and experimenting.
    Thanks, Tom-san.
    This model is really my experiment of what would I do with this material. In fact that some of the parts are not necessary to use metal sheets.
    May Be some part is not necessary to use the metal. But I hope all the experience of this model may be carry over to the next model and I really do.


    blakeh1 said: View Post
    Looks like it's almost ready for a launching ceremony from the space drydock
    Thank you, blakeh-san, it's almost there. ....... wait a minutes, dry dock...???... No, no I never build any dry dock....

    Soulinertia said: View Post
    Looking forward to some full EPIC shots of this beautiful beast!
    Thank you very much!!

    LeoL said: View Post
    Words fail me. All it needs is a coat of paint and she's ready to fly out of the Katsu Planitia Starship yards.


    That's not hand railing. It's an EM field dispersal multiplier rail. A special energy weapons defense against flanking shots.

    That's the beauty of SF creations. Mundane objects can become whatever thingamajig you want them to be.
    Thanks for the kind words, LeoL-san. I love you idea!
    Now, I have some paint scheme idea.


    Hagoth said: View Post
    What an ingenious method for making rivets! Regardless of if anyone thinks this looks like a battleship or not (It classifies as one in my imagination) I certainly would not want to be on the receiving end of its weapons.

    Impressive. Very impressive.

    Looking ready for a coat of of paint and markings and then a christening. Hmmm, not sure you would want your BW (Beautiful Wife) smashing a bottle of champagne across the bow. You might have to make a teeny tiny bottle out of sugar... to scale.
    Thank you very much, Hagoth-san.
    You are right, champagne bottle of breakable prop is nice idea. If MBW used a real one... Oh, no!
  20. blakeh1's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2011
    From
    Jamison, Pennsylvania
    Messages
    2,163
    5 Days Ago  Dec 8, 2017, 1:12 PM - Re: Battle starship #795

    yuumi2891103 said: View Post
    ....... wait a minutes, dry dock...???... No, no I never build any dry dock....
    I guess you'll have to get started on one then

Similar Threads

  1. Starship Troopers
    Hacksaw44, Replica Costumes
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Aug 25, 2017, 5:25 PM
  2. So you want to be on a starship bridge
    tgreco, Entertainment and Movie Talk
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: Sep 14, 2012, 2:18 AM
  3. help with some starship troopers
    tastykimchi, Replica Costumes
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Feb 2, 2012, 11:40 AM
  4. Starship troopers 3
    BIKERFETT, Replica Props
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Dec 1, 2006, 8:23 AM
  5. Starship project
    REL, Studio Scale Models
    Replies: 393
    Last Post: Nov 16, 2006, 8:26 PM