Battle starship

I thought the green-yellow lights from before worked but I like the orange better. I'm amazed by how much detail you're achieving here. The way the lights reflect and interact with each other and on the various surfaces is really beautiful.

I once dated a girl named Cyclops. She was easy on the eye (BA-DUM-DUM-SNARE DRUM!). Not sure that joke even makes sense but I'm sticking with it.

I thought the green-yellow lights from before worked but I like the orange better. I'm amazed by how much detail you're achieving here. The way the lights reflect and interact with each other and on the various surfaces is really beautiful.

I once dated a girl named Cyclops. She was easy on the eye (BA-DUM-DUM-SNARE DRUM!). Not sure that joke even makes sense but I'm sticking with it.
:facepalmWa Wa whaaaa

Fantastic attention to detail ( as with all aspects of this build ) Katsu- San ,

The internal housing structure / s surrounding the canons is incredible , not to mention the canons themselves . Superb Sir :cool!!!

View attachment 757400Love the cannons, everything is coming together nicely
she's no Cyclops, she's a beautiful ship
very nice work as always katsu-San

Thank you, Ben-san.
At the first place, I wanted to build this ship as a bad guys battleship.
Maybe I made a good guy's ship. Huum, That was true, good guy makes a good things.:D

Thanks about the lighting thing. It made me really THOUGHT to make it. But, ahhhh.... BA-DUM~DUM thing is something I couldn't break down with Google translater.:facepalm

:facepalmWa Wa whaaaa

Ben-san, please help me about BA-DUM-DUM thing.:(

Fantastic attention to detail ( as with all aspects of this build ) Katsu- San ,

The internal housing structure / s surrounding the canons is incredible , not to mention the canons themselves . Superb Sir :cool!!!

Thank you!! Ged-san.
As I often do, those canons are hardly visible when it's done.
But it's OK. I enjoyed building.

Everything looks amazing. The connector to the fire control room is perfect.

Thank you, Tom-san.
To introduce a lighting effect through to the control room, I polished the inner wall of the tube.
Seems it worked alright. In fact, I used an old TV antenna tube for that. It had some bugs nest and eggs inside. :sick Oehhhh

Last edited:
it's really coming together now.

I must admit, the orange glow from the lighting does look better and makes it seem more like an engine room than the yellow/green

Thanks about the lighting thing. It made me really THOUGHT to make it. But, ahhhh.... BA-DUM~DUM thing is something I couldn't break down with Google translater.:facepalm
Ben-san, please help me about BA-DUM-DUM thing.:(

Katsu-san, sorry about that. BA-DUM-DUM is suppose to mean a little sound that drummers make after someone tells a lame or bad joke, like this.

it's really coming together now.

I must admit, the orange glow from the lighting does look better and makes it seem more like an engine room than the yellow/green

Thank you very much! I'm happy to hear that!!

Katsu-san, sorry about that. BA-DUM-DUM is suppose to mean a little sound that drummers make after someone tells a lame or bad joke, like this.

:lol I got it!! We got a same thing here, BOYOYON :lol

Amazing work!
I kept scrolling back and forth between the photo of the front on the ship and the photo of the cyclops...... I see what you are saying. ;)

Two drums and a cymbal fall off a cliff...

Ba Dum tsssh

And a triangle, tieeeen

I would love to see your version of a villain's ship. On the other hand, you've mentioned making a mech before, and I know we would enjoy that as well.

Yes, Tom-san. this model will be finished soon and I will start to prepare to build next model.
As I said before, It will be a Mech. I will try this with my whole previous experiences.
I have started to draw some sketch already. Let's enjoy it together again soon.

I think we'd all enjoy anything Katsu makes. Right.

And I'm surely enjoying my model building just because I can share it with you.

Amazing work!
I kept scrolling back and forth between the photo of the front on the ship and the photo of the cyclops...... I see what you are saying. ;)

I guess you agree with it.
Can you believe Dem Bones-san says he dated with a girl named Cyclops. What kind a girl named Cyclops anyway? And he says she was easy on the eye. Minion?:wacko

JUST GREAT STUFF! So much fun to watch as I build and modify but would never attempt a scratch. LOVE IT!

Thank you very much for looking, vismus-san.
Please try scratch! That's easy than you think and more than fun you expect.
And better by far than when you scratch the spot a mosquito bites.

Thank you my friends.

North Korea didn't launch some missile today. That's a good news. Cheers.

katsu

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you believe Dem Bones-san says he dated with a girl named Cyclops. What kind a girl named Cyclops anyway? And he says she was easy on the eye. Minion?:wacko

North Korea didn't launch some missile today. That's a good news. Cheers.

katsu

You know the old saying, beauty is in the "eye" of the beholder (BOYOYON!).

Agreed, no new missile launches is good news. It's also good news that you're already thinking about your next build. Can't wait to see what kind of Mech you come up with.

You know the old saying, beauty is in the "eye" of the beholder (BOYOYON!).

Agreed, no new missile launches is good news. It's also good news that you're already thinking about your next build. Can't wait to see what kind of Mech you come up with.

:lolBoyoyon

I'm thinking about the Mech design now and as you know there are thousands of design art of Mech are existing.
I don't know if I could imagine my Mech or not but let me try.

This morning I'm hearing ABC network reporting the hurricane Irma landed on Florida..
Many people are died and losing their house already.
I hope it will be over in minimal damage.

In US standard time, tomorrow is September 11.
Sixteen years have been passed since that day.
Time fly like an arrow for us but it's may not be the same for the people who lost someone who love.
Pain must be still fresh each and every days.
I pray for those and my thoughts are always with them.
Only I can do is to mourn the lost lives, but please let me add a Japanese waka.
This was written and read out by Emperor of Meiji when Japan had to brake off the diplomacy with Russia in 1904.
And also read out by the Emperor of Showa when Japan had to drift into the war in 1941.
Although it may not be a better translation,

While I'm think of every oceans as my brotherhood,

And yet the storm-clouds lower, the rising wind

Stirs up the waves,

Why this should be,

Last edited:
Updates.

I started to build the inside ally with 0.5 mm sheet aluminum.
Roughly colored the sheet with etchant liquid.
It's not evenly colored but I thought it's effective for the scale of parts.
Scribed many lines.

88KtIxM.jpg

I did some tin work referring to the previous drawings.

IEZSn4W.jpg

h2X1b26.jpg

HK4Tfwq.jpg

Test fitting.

Q4Nru3Y.jpg

wqPAEGe.jpg

dJHgNmr.jpg

dKhfMxM.jpg

I will put a few more set on there and it will be finished in a few days.

Then I can go for the fun part. Overall detailing.

Thank you very much for looking.

katsu

Very enjoyable viewing the progress you have made here over the last few weeks. Your craftsmanship never ceases to amaze me.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back