Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20252627282930
Subscribe
    From
    Jamison, Pennsylvania
    1 Week Ago  Nov 9, 2017, 12:22 PM - Re: Battle starship #726

Wow, it keeps getting better and better/ I love the glow effect for the gun batteries
    1 Week Ago  Nov 9, 2017, 2:58 PM - Re: Battle starship #727

blakeh1 said: View Post
    Wow, it keeps getting better and better/ I love the glow effect for the gun batteries
    Agreed! Especially with the black paint job and scribed lines.
    From
    Small local town near Narita airport
    1 Week Ago  Nov 9, 2017, 5:38 PM - Re: Battle starship #728

Bengrim09 said: View Post
    The turret bases are fabulous, did toy put a light below them or is it natural light making them light up
    Anothe Katsu bento box for the lucky lady, now I’m hungry !!! It’s meat and potato pie with peas and gravy for me, builders lunch for me to warm my insides up, British weather getting colder
    Thank you !
    That acrylic is natural light. I don't know but it enhance the rather dimmer light.
    Your meals sounds yummy. I love those meat pies.
    It's getting cold here, too. Please take care.

Dem Bones said: View Post
    Ha-Ha! It's okay, Katsu-san. Believe me, I get that look from friends and family all the time! A little weirdness is okay, though.

Those bases look great. The color from the acrylic makes the guns look powered up and ready, a very nice effect.
    Thanks! My people often gaze at me like that way, too.

Hagoth said: View Post
    Thanks Katsu-san. The sequence came to me last night on how you would make the octagons with a table saw. Very clever. And yes, precision is required. They make for a very nice energy effect under the base. Weapons armed and powered up!

In this case "" indicates the goggles the crew wear when Yamato is firing its wave cannon.
    Ha dou hou Uteee!
    Thank you very much! Hagoth-san.

blakeh1 said: View Post
    Thank you very much!

SmilingOtter said: View Post
    Agreed! Especially with the black paint job and scribed lines.
    Thanks Tom-san,
    That was a nerve pinching work and you relieved me now.

I will get to the work bench soon this morning.
    I can't expect any good progress for the part I work on today.
    Anyway, get there and sit down.

Thank you very much for the pleasant comments, gentlemen.

katsu
    From
    5 Days Ago  Nov 14, 2017, 12:27 AM - Re: Battle starship #729

Here's a little boring pics but are the progress of the last few days.

The place I did this time is here.

Oh, as you see, I made a stand. That was A job.

Thanks for looking!

katsu
  5. RPF Premium Member Bengrim09's Avatar
    From
    Uk Lancashire
    5 Days Ago  Nov 14, 2017, 2:33 AM - Re: Battle starship #730

I really love your work, your attention to detail is bringing this to life, looking forward to all your future work, I’ve looked back over your past work and all I can say is they are outstanding and beautifully crafted
    keep up the fantastic work Model Master Katsu-san
    From
    4 Days Ago  Nov 15, 2017, 3:23 AM - Re: Battle starship #731

I thank you very much, my friend.
    And I always do.

Katsu
    3 Days Ago  Nov 15, 2017, 10:05 AM - Re: Battle starship #732

Even if the model were a piece of junk, I'd love those pictures for one reason: the light level is very realistic. I've seen way too many models where the interior lights are far too bright for the scale of the ship - the crew would have to be wearing sunglasses all the time, and it really detracts from an otherwise beautiful model.

I also like the lack of exterior lighting. Star Trek and other shows really bug me when a ship is well away from any solar system, yet fully visible, as though it were closely orbiting a star.

Thanks for posting those. It makes for a good start to the day.
    From
    Lincoln, NE
    3 Days Ago  Nov 15, 2017, 1:37 PM - Re: Battle starship #733

I also like the lack of exterior lighting. Star Trek and other shows really bug me when a ship is well away from any solar system, yet fully visible, as though it were closely orbiting a star.
    I get what you're saying... but on the other side of that, no one wants to watch a space battle that's just a star field with one vaguely ship-shaped silhouette with running lights shooting nothing visible at another vaguely ship-shaped silhouette with running lights until one of them vanishes with a non-visible explosion.
    3 Days Ago  Nov 15, 2017, 3:25 PM - Re: Battle starship #734

I dunno, if filmed right it could be spectacular. "Gravity" gave us plenty of realistic destruction. (I get what you're saying though. Sometimes physics has to take a back seat to entertainment.)
    From
    3 Days Ago  Nov 15, 2017, 6:15 PM - Re: Battle starship #735

Even if the model were a piece of junk, I'd love those pictures for one reason: the light level is very realistic. I've seen way too many models where the interior lights are far too bright for the scale of the ship - the crew would have to be wearing sunglasses all the time, and it really detracts from an otherwise beautiful model.

Thanks for posting those. It makes for a good start to the day.
    Zuiun said: View Post
    I get what you're saying... but on the other side of that, no one wants to watch a space battle that's just a star field with one vaguely ship-shaped silhouette with running lights shooting nothing visible at another vaguely ship-shaped silhouette with running lights until one of them vanishes with a non-visible explosion.
    I dunno, if filmed right it could be spectacular. "Gravity" gave us plenty of realistic destruction. (I get what you're saying though. Sometimes physics has to take a back seat to entertainment.)

Thanks for the nice comment, Tom-san and Zuiun-san. (Zuiun-san, long time no see and nice to see you being here.)

I had texted a several month ago about the battle in the real space. And someone said that will be like a duel of submarines. Unlike the previous passenger star ship I built, I thought this battleship should be modest about lighting. That could be more realistic for battle ship. However, the reality of that 'Ultimate Regurgitate Interruption Nuclear Equipment' is something I should say, 'Shut up!'

Oh, I saw the recent movie 'Passengers' on Amazon Prime Movie.
    That was really impressive! Star ship? Jennifer Lawrence of course.

katsu