Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17222324252627
Subscribe
    From
    I live on earth.
    1 Week Ago  Oct 5, 2017, 7:28 AM - Re: Battle starship #651

I like it. The black metal reminds me of the look from Tron.
  2. Formerly KCGhostbuster RPF Premium Member Snow Builder's Avatar
    From
    Olathe, KS
    1 Week Ago  Oct 5, 2017, 7:47 AM - Re: Battle starship #652

As always, simply awesome. Seeing development from original sketch to final piece really lets us see your process -thank you so much for continuing to share.
    1 Week Ago  Oct 5, 2017, 8:29 AM - Re: Battle starship #653

Your ability to design a fantastic three dimensional shape, and then unfold it into a flat sheet, is really impressive.

gedmac66 said: View Post
    Terrific craftsmanship as always Katsu-san . The Ď Gatling Ď Guns / Cannons !? ( due to size ) LOL ! look great . I have a question though , and please know that Iím pretty ignorant regarding this subject , but , how does it work ? .

I mean firing solid projectiles in space ? . Asking cause , there was an episode of Ď Firefly Ď where Jayne was shooting a gun (
    If I were designing a projectile weapon system for a starship, I'd go with the rail gun or gauss rifle. No gunpowder needed to fire it, just electricity.
    From
    Jamison, Pennsylvania
    1 Week Ago  Oct 5, 2017, 9:38 AM - Re: Battle starship #654

Very well crafted!

And a formidable defense as well
  5. RPF Premium Member Soulinertia's Avatar
    From
    Colorado
    1 Week Ago  Oct 5, 2017, 12:02 PM - Re: Battle starship #655

Each new post is an absolute joy to see!
    From
    Small local town near Narita airport
    1 Week Ago  Oct 5, 2017, 6:43 PM - Re: Battle starship #656

Terrific craftsmanship as always Katsu-san . The ‘ Gatling ‘ Guns / Cannons !? ( due to size ) LOL ! look great . I have a question though , and please know that I’m pretty ignorant regarding this subject , but , how does it work ? .

I mean firing solid projectiles in space ? . Asking cause , there was an episode of ‘ Firefly ‘ where Jayne was shooting a gun ( Vera ) ? - out , through space , but to do so he needed to fire it through a sealed spacesuit ( needing oxygen for chemical reaction ) ? . Is this how yours work as well ?

Cheers Ged
    Hi! Thanks for the comment and asking.
    The first time I knew the fact that a gun can fire in the vacuum space was when I was a 12 years old. My father told me that NASA provided a simple question to the public that what items do you choose if you are deserted in the moon alone. Father told me the answer and was impressive for me. There were many items like oxygen bottles, parachute, food, light, battery, and the cal 45 automatic hand gun. I asked my father,
    "Why do you need a parachute?"
    " You need it to wrap them and carry.'
    "Why do you need a gun?"
    "Because you might be happened to meet any other unknown or hostile party of life form." (NASA was thinking about USSR or alien?')
    "Can I fire a gun in a space?"
    " Of course, just like you can fire a gun in the water, you can fire a gun in the space. The gunpowder in the cartridges have oxygen in it."
    "I got it."

Actually, there are many issue to fire many bullets from the automatic weapon in the space. Something like a ’Vacuum deposition'. But anyway, basically, you can fire gun in the space. Technical issue will be fixed in the future, I guess.

JediMichael said: View Post
    I like it. The black metal reminds me of the look from Tron.
    Oh, I see. I check it again.
    Thanks!

Snow Builder said: View Post
    As always, simply awesome. Seeing development from original sketch to final piece really lets us see your process -thank you so much for continuing to share.
    You are welcome and thanks for the comment.
    I am very happy to share my work with you always.

SmilingOtter said: View Post
    Your ability to design a fantastic three dimensional shape, and then unfold it into a flat sheet, is really impressive.

If I were designing a projectile weapon system for a starship, I'd go with the rail gun or gauss rifle. No gunpowder needed to fire it, just electricity.
    Thanks, Tom-san.

Just because, I am the honorable member of the International Dimension Institute Of Technology, also known as I.D.I.O.T

Rail gun? Ha, you have no idea how much electric power you need for those weapons.
    The entire light system in my Space battleship are flickering when the air conditioner in the shack turned on.
    It's the big problem.
    Instead, you only need a little hammer to ignite the primer to fire gun!
    The advantage is clear!
    No objection allowed.
    This is my official statement as an expert staff of Space Trajectile Usage Project International Division,
    also well known as ....
    Cough..

blakeh1 said: View Post
    Very well crafted!

And a formidable defense as well

Thank you very much, and your opinion is right on. Convince Tom-san please.
    I insist as a member of Modern Organized Research Of National... never mind.

Soulinertia said: View Post
    Each new post is an absolute joy to see!
    Thank you very much!

katsu

Cough..
    Last edited by yuumi2891103; 1 Week Ago at 7:02 PM.
  7. Member Since
    May 2016
    From
    Perth, Western Australia
    1 Week Ago  Oct 5, 2017, 8:20 PM - Re: Battle starship #657

Katsu-san , like I mentioned in my latest post - Iím pretty ignorant when it comes to shooting ( projectiles ) in space . To be honest living where I do , I really donít know much about firearms in general .

I do know your imagination and skills to bring things to life - simply ... ahem .... Ď Blow me away ! Ď.... Thanks also for your Ď how itíll work Ď explanation - cool story

Ged
    From
    1 Week Ago  Oct 5, 2017, 11:15 PM - Re: Battle starship #658

Ged-san, The situation here about the firearms are just the same as yours.90% of Japanese people doesn't know much about the firearms and guns.
    We are strictly prohibited to own even a hunting gun without official licences.
    Moreover, we can't even touch the real gun.
    If I tried to obtain the licence, we have to start the licence of the air gun.
    After ten years possession without any trouble, we are allowed to obtain the licence of
    possessing a hunting gun or a competition gun. But never been allowed to have a hand gun like
    Glock, SIG or anything for self defense gun anyway.
    I'm the very minority. Maybe I should say I'm a kind of gun nuts.
    1 Week Ago  Oct 6, 2017, 8:46 AM - Re: Battle starship #659

yuumi2891103 said: View Post
    Rail gun? Ha, you have no idea how much electric power you need for those weapons.
    The entire light system in my Space battleship are flickering when the air conditioner in the shack turned on.
    It's the big problem..
    That poor chief engineer!

Yeah that might not be good. Who knows how many times have they almost been destroyed because the captain's wife thought the bridge was too cold in the middle of a battle...
    From
    Jamison, Pennsylvania
    1 Week Ago  Oct 6, 2017, 11:20 AM - Re: Battle starship #660

yuumi2891103 said: View Post
    Convince Tom-san please.
    I insist as a member of Modern Organized Research Of National... never mind.
    Terrific craftsmanship as always Katsu-san . The ‘ Gatling ‘ Guns / Cannons !? ( due to size ) LOL ! look great . I have a question though , and please know that I’m pretty ignorant regarding this subject , but , how does it work ? .

I mean firing solid projectiles in space ? . Asking cause , there was an episode of ‘ Firefly ‘ where Jayne was shooting a gun ( Vera ) ? - out , through space , but to do so he needed to fire it through a sealed spacesuit ( needing oxygen for chemical reaction ) ? . Is this how yours work as well ?

Cheers Ged
    As we learned in training from Space Trajectile Usage Project International Division.... guns do shoot in space.

You just need some way to counteract the force from the gun so you don't get thrown back. I am assuming this could be done with some kind of thrusters counteracting the blast

On a side note, you have to watch out though. If shooting in orbit around a planet for example, you could theoretically shoot yourself in the back

https://www.livescience.com/18588-shoot-gun-space.html

Fires can't burn in the oxygen-free vacuum of space, but guns can shoot. Modern ammunition contains its own oxidizer, a chemical that will trigger the explosion of gunpowder, and thus the firing of a bullet, wherever you are in the universe. No atmospheric oxygen required.
    The only difference between pulling the trigger on Earth and in space is the shape of the resulting smoke trail. In space, "it would be an expanding sphere of smoke from the tip of the barrel," said Peter Schultz an astronomer at Brown University who researches impact craters.
    From
    1 Week Ago  Oct 8, 2017, 12:49 AM - Re: Battle starship #661

SmilingOtter said: View Post
    That poor chief engineer!

Yeah that might not be good. Who knows how many times have they almost been destroyed because the captain's wife thought the bridge was too cold in the middle of a battle...

My wife loves get to the bed in a ice cold room.
    I often see a nightmare that I am wandering around the snow storm field of north pole, looking for the toilet.

blakeh1 said: View Post
    As we learned in training from Space Trajectile Usage Project International Division.... guns do shoot in space.

You just need some way to counteract the force from the gun so you don't get thrown back. I am assuming this could be done with some kind of thrusters counteracting the blast

On a side note, you have to watch out though. If shooting in orbit around a planet for example, you could theoretically shoot yourself in the back

https://www.livescience.com/18588-shoot-gun-space.html

Fires can't burn in the oxygen-free vacuum of space, but guns can shoot. Modern ammunition contains its own oxidizer, a chemical that will trigger the explosion of gunpowder, and thus the firing of a bullet, wherever you are in the universe. No atmospheric oxygen required.
    The only difference between pulling the trigger on Earth and in space is the shape of the resulting smoke trail. In space, "it would be an expanding sphere of smoke from the tip of the barrel," said Peter Schultz an astronomer at Brown University who researches impact craters.
    Wow thanks for the info. That video is interesting.

katsu
    From
    1 Week Ago  Oct 10, 2017, 11:57 PM - Re: Battle starship #662

The latest progress here.

I've made a rest of the gun turret and finished the rough part of the nose section. Then I built an atmospheric engine air intake part.
    It took whole day for just a single unit.

Air intake

Making a turbine wheel.

Assembling

And test fitting.

The rest of the unit will be done by this weekend. I hope.

Thanks for looking.

katsu
    1 Week Ago  Oct 11, 2017, 6:33 AM - Re: Battle starship #663

Nice! And since the hull shields the intakes while the ship is traveling in space, there's not much danger of sucking a space pigeon into the engines.
    From
    1 Week Ago  Oct 11, 2017, 5:27 PM - Re: Battle starship #664

Whatever taken in this intake will be minced.
    Cuisinart Engine.

Thanks!