Battle starship

I was not expecting the different colors - thank you for the nice surprise.
It reminds me of Chris Foss' designs. His ships are a lot more colorful than most designers'.

https://www.google.com/search?safe=.....1.1.64.psy-ab..0.6.430...0i67k1.orK3AEryGtU

Thank you Tom-san!

Foss is the great artist.

From 'Alien' to ' Guardien of the Galaxy'
His work always amaze me.

You, my friend, are indeed The Mad Scientist of Modeling !

Love the corridor look and mirror trick !

Pcoz

I'm so happy to hear that you like that corridor.
It needed a precise work and that makes me tired.
Thank you so much!

Agree with all of those above. The colors, the mirror illusion, the reflected light — really beautiful stuff. This is starting to feel like it might be your most complicated and ambitious model yet.

Thank you for your pleasant comment, Bones-san.
I thought it's a bit too fancy but I'm so relieved to hear that.

Truly Awesome looking. Wow! 100% agree with the other comments. Once again surprised and delighted. :)

You never disappoint my friend.

Thank you so much! Hagoth-san, Always!
I'm simply blown away:thumbsup

Thank you very much for your kind support for my work, Moo-san.

Thank you very much my friends.
It's so curious but when I'm on the workbench, I expect nothing but think about my build though.
But any of your comment makes me so happy and makes me feel I did something.

As I look into it, there are something I still have to take care.
I will fix them and post any progress soon.

Again, thank you very much for all of your kindness.

Katsu

I think ILM would have sure loved to have you helping out.
Great stuff.

Thank you very much, Michael-san! ILM! No way,
As for the mess I'm doing since this morning, i7m sure I'm just a kind of Integrated Loon and Moron.

Now I'm taking a little break during a work on fixing a window frames.
I'm trying to make each surface of trihedron as a single parts.
I'm tuckling this since 8 o'clock this morning. Now is noon and I could managed to make it.

See you later.

katsu

Katsu-San I know you make fantastic bento boxes for your beautiful wife, BUT do you have a secret business !!!!! We don't know about

IMG_0857.JPG
I saw this in my local store

Katsu-San I know you make fantastic bento boxes for your beautiful wife, BUT do you have a secret business !!!!! We don't know about

View attachment 750946
I saw this in my local store

I wouldn't be surprised! :D

Ah, ha. You found that!
That's my new business project makes me a millionaire.;)
So that I can buy a pile of model kit to bash.:rolleyes

Maybe you've known that but Katsu-Curry is a Japanese very popular menu basically a dish of curry and rice with pork cutlet.
Chinese Character 'Katsu' (勝)means 'win' or 'victory' and sounds similar to 'cutlet' for us.
So we call a pork cutlet as 'Ton-Katsu' 豚カツ’. 'Ton' means pork or hog.
And a Katsu Curry is often loved to eaten by the students who will have an achievement examination next morning.

My name Katsuhiko consists of Katsu and Hiko (勝 彦) Hiko is a character for the male's name which means 'talented'.
A typical mane here. My Grandfather gave me this name.

Have you ever tried Katsu-Curry? This is very typical one.
6570_report_title_640_480.jpg

Katsu

Every time I visit this thread I see and learn something new. Now something new to try.

I must say that the name Katsuhiko is very fitting for you. A very talented win for all. Your Grandfather had remarkable foresight in giving you that name. ;)

Ah, ha. You found that!
That's my new business project makes me a millionaire.;)
So that I can buy a pile of model kit to bash.:rolleyes

Maybe you've known that but Katsu-Curry is a Japanese very popular menu basically a dish of curry and rice with pork cutlet.
Chinese Character 'Katsu' (勝)means 'win' or 'victory' and sounds similar to 'cutlet' for us.
So we call a pork cutlet as 'Ton-Katsu' 豚カツ’. 'Ton' means pork or hog.
And a Katsu Curry is often loved to eaten by the students who will have an achievement examination next morning.

My name Katsuhiko consists of Katsu and Hiko (勝 彦) Hiko is a character for the male's name which means 'talented'.
A typical mane here. My Grandfather gave me this name.

Have you ever tried Katsu-Curry? This is very typical one.
https://c-mecicolle.gnst.jp/photo/report/49/96/6570/6570_report_title_640_480.jpg?1500551105

Katsu
Never tried a Katsu curry but in honour of Katsuhiko I will pick one up from the store later today and try it next week

Every time I visit this thread I see and learn something new. Now something new to try.

I must say that the name Katsuhiko is very fitting for you. A very talented win for all. Your Grandfather had remarkable foresight in giving you that name. ;)

Maybe I should say simply 'thank you very much'.

Never tried a Katsu curry but in honour of Katsuhiko I will pick one up from the store later today and try it next week

Wow, thank you veryt much and enjoy!

Here's a little progress.

I made a window frame and tested fitting.

I made a several styles of window frame and picked this.
I never thought it took so many hours.

FGIizus.jpg

T3Igfpi.jpg

8EuwcJJ.jpg

DOwxFWY.jpg

2mh1E2h.jpg

Little adjustment and go.

I was moving some photo from Photobucket and
I found this was built more than 5 years ago.

zQi0dwC.jpg

Pbc0OlZ.jpg

aC2BRXL.jpg

ZRKaSQc.jpg

mdkG7fr.jpg

Time flies, my friends.

Katsu,

The window frames look fantastic, they really finish the window off, love the space fighter jet was it a mismatch of various kits ?

Beautiful job on the window frames. Love the little jogs and cuts in the lines of the supports and girders. Gives it a rugged heavy duty construction look.

That little starfighter is awesome! Looks like you been rolling in the dough from your Katsu Curry business for some time.
Profits already went to a couple dozen kits for that one. :lol

Actually I'm not recognizing many model kit parts on it. Mostly scratch built with 1-48 scale FA-18 (or possibly 1:32 F-14 in previous background shot) decals?

Last edited:
Beautiful command centre Katsu - san , incredible detailing again ! . Noticed that you've painted the window frame . Does that mean you're planning to paint the rest of your ship too ?
If so , what colour/ s do you have in mind ?
Thanks for sharing , always look forward to your progress mate !
Cheers Ged

Amazing work as always Katsu-san..
I am still following this build in awe..
@Bengrim09 and @jarroth : This is the topic.. Sad to say most pictures are lost . Damn Photobucket..
https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=130212

ahhh I remember this now I looked over this last year, it seems my memory is starting to fail me, outstanding work katsu-San

Wish I could see the pictures of that one... :cry
I'm NEVER using Photobucket. :angry

Katsu-San,

If I modeled your Star Fighter up in 3D would you let me turn it into a 3D printable model and post it on some site like Thingiverse? I have several very nice 3D printers that I could use to replicate it. Do you have some pictures of the bottom side? I'd start the project up in a new thread with your permission.

Some how I imagine those guns being GAU-8A 30mm Gatling guns like the A-10 has. Two of them would pack quite the devastating punch. :cool:cool:cool

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back