Battle starship

Fantastic work! I am in awe of your workmanship with sheet metal...and you're culinary artistry. :popcorn

Have you thought about masking areas and sandblasting the surface with different sized grit blasting medium? It would leave that metallic look you want to preserve while having different metal textures throughout.

Thank you very much for the comment, LeoL- san ( Laugh Extreme Out Loud ?),:D

Yes, I did in the early time of this build.
Many years ago, when I made a kit bashing star ship, I tried to paint it like a numerous panel with a different tones. That was very impressive and I thought if I do it on this ship, how it's gonna be. So, I tested with a piece of sheet metal and some masking tapes. I run the fine sand paper to polish up at first and then mask some part and run with a little rough paper all over. The effect was splendid.
So, I will do it on some part I left as bare metal surface.

Unfortunately it does require use of sulfuric acid or lye.

http://www.wikihow.com/Anodize-Aluminum

http://www.mikesenese.com/DOIT/2010/07/anodize-aluminum-at-home-with-everyday-materials/

back in my college days I had done a fair amount of for part of a metalsmithing project I was working on

I've done it with aluminum as well as titanium and niobium.

I wonder if there might be places that would do it for you (obviously for a price).

Then again probably way more expensive than it is worth

I think I have also seen some spray paints etc.. that try to mimic that anodized look
now off to eat something as I seem to get very hungry for some reason whenever I come to this thread:lol

Thank you for the reply, sir.
I will try to check out some car splay or something. That would be good for paint job on metal.

I hope you got a good meal :D

Here are some progress today.
Not much but please have a look.

I started to build the pipelines.
Nothing any difficult work but it's takes time.

I don't believe, it took whole 8 hours.:facepalm

I will add some more detailing here and there and this part will be finished.

Thanks for watching.

Katsu

Funny how something that looks so simple and easy can take so long to achieve. But its all in the final detail, which you have perfected.

Maybe a Borg ship next?

OK, I've just found a good material for that!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tatami_iwashi

imgrc0063584503.jpg

You can eat it.

Some detailing up.

And......Mishap.:eek

Ahhh.
Again, Somewhere along the LED lines are dead.
About 1/3 of the lights are suddenly dead now.
May be I did wrong about adding a few LED a few days ago.:cry

Why now? !!:angry:angry

I thought I just want to throw her away.
I have to strip most of the hull shell and rewiring whole the lines.:sick
It may take a whole day and it will be a very very frustrating work for me.:facepalm

For now, I'm gonna take a few days off and wait for my guts to come on.

Katsu will be return nobly with his head high up.
Hoping if I could restore her without any trouble.

Ughhhhaaaaa...

I will clean up and polish the bathroom today...

That's frustrating! I have faith in you to persevere and nobly face and make it through this set back!

However, if you do ever decide to throw her away I will provide you with a special box with my return address on it to do so. :lol

Will the bathroom look like your mailbox when you are done? :D

That's frustrating! I have faith in you to persevere and nobly face and make it through this set back!

However, if you do ever decide to throw her away I will provide you with a special box with my return address on it to do so. :lol

Will the bathroom look like your mailbox when you are done? :D

Thank you very much for the kind comment. Hagoth-san.

Oh, yes, when I decide to throw her away, I will do it to you for sure.

I've just finished the cleaning an hours ago.

Took 4 hours!!

I scratched off all the scales and polished it up.
Now it look like built yesterday.

My wife will see it and weep. That's what I call A men's job!!

Wow, definitely has a sparkle to it. I know what you mean. My wife loves it when I polish our kitchen counters and stove. :)

There is nothing worse than problems with the lights after closing it up. It happened with one of my models.

If I shake it the right way though, sometimes I get lucky and it will light up. :facepalm

that is a beautiful bathroom! It's amazing how many traditional elements there are hidden within modern amenities. (I am so jealous) :)

There is nothing worse than problems with the lights after closing it up. It happened with one of my models.

If I shake it the right way though, sometimes I get lucky and it will light up. :facepalm

Hi! Thanks for the comment, blakeh1-san.
Indeed...
Me too, shake her and flip her and hit her for more than half an hour but she didn't wake up.

that is a beautiful bathroom! It's amazing how many traditional elements there are hidden within modern amenities. (I am so jealous) :)

Thank you, Cadeus-san.
Only traditional thing in there is the body/hair washing space beside the bathtub.
When we Japanese take a bath, we use the bathtub for only dip-in and warm our body.

Today I did weeding in the back yard.
You guys are know that a small bamboo grass is the painful job to take it out.
Then I just came up with an idea that I make a special tool for that.

Don't mind about the package. It's a little joke.

I made this tool by grinding the a drill tip with a hand grinder and a file.

The effect is remarkable.
I thought, if I can get the patent of this, I can make a fortune!!
Then I check the web and I found that someone else already sell the things like that...
Ah, Thanks for looking anyway.

I am going to apply for unemployment insurance tomorrow.

katsu

Last edited:
Woow!

Your skill IS remarkable.
Thanks!
By the way, your avater reminds me a good old days.
I was a high school boy when I saw that movie in a theater.
That was a double headder with Bruce Lee movie. Now, hulu runs a renwewal version but its too complicating for me.

Woow!

Your skill IS remarkable.
Thanks!
By the way, your avater reminds me a good old days.
I was a high school boy when I saw that movie in a theater.
That was a double headder with Bruce Lee movie. Now, hulu runs a renwewal version but its too complicating for me.

Ha-ha! I saw Westworld the movie when I was about 10 (probably when it ran on television) and the robots seemed very real at that age. Hey, I was a naive kid!

I haven't watched the new series, yet, either.

Oh, by the way.

The replacement LED has just been arrived. I will restart the build soon.

Also I am going to repaint our small pool. It's so fading now.
I am thinking that if I could fix the lighting device in the bottom of the pool.
I've checked the appropriate lighting devices in the web but here in Japan, none.
As I assumed, most of those pool things are imported from USA.
But it's too expensive here. $1000 for the one single pool light.
We have electric power line to the bottom of the pool already.
Does anyone know or have any suggestion about the pool light on a DIY basis?

Thanks for looking.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back