Captain America Civil War: War Machine Mark III build

synistergiggles

I've always had a soft spot for the war machine armors, the Mark III is no different. This suit has such a good combo of beefyness and some streamlined shapes as well. I purchased the files from MaxCrft on Etsy, they are pretty accurate to the movie and Hot Toys figure to be released. I'm also building an Iron Patriot/War Machine Mark II along side this since,you know i don't need sleep or anything.
IMG_8691.PNG

I began the builds about 6 weeks ago so i decided to wait for some progress before i posted these.
I started with the Helmets and Necks and went from there,trying to finish both helmets,both biceps,and so on to keep the build consistent on each suit:
IMG_8973.JPG
IMG_8772.jpg

I then focused on the biceps,forearms and handplates between Mark II and Mark III:
IMG_9285.JPG
IMG_9310.JPG
IMG_9349.JPG
IMG_9366.JPG
IMG_9367.JPG
I then moved on to the Mark III Chest and Abs section which were a lot of fun to build:
IMG_9428.JPG
IMG_9429.JPG
A quick shot of the upper torso beginning to come together:
IMG_9447.JPG

Next up will be Mark II Chest and Abs!

Trying this beast on with the lower torso,fits pretty well with good shoulder and arm movement,this build is going a lot quicker than I thought. I'm staying pretty motivated so far,typically this is where I hit the wall in a build so I'm trying to keep at it...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    237.8 KB · Views: 467
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    243.4 KB · Views: 496
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    264 KB · Views: 497
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    204 KB · Views: 244
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    190 KB · Views: 274
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    186.2 KB · Views: 264
Last edited:
So i'm getting relatively close on the full build construction part then on to straps,fasteners,etc. but after that i'll be ready for paint. I know War Machine is pretty simple as far as the paint scheme goes. Would you guys suggest any particular variants on blacks and grays? gunmetal perhaps or undercoats of silver with weathering? I want this thing to look as convincing as possible,any tips are appreciated!

Progress?
sorry about the lack of updates,been pretty busy at work and all that jazz...i'll post a few pics soon,just some painting updates on the torso and arms. I still need to assemble the shins and boots. The suit took a backseat to my armored batman build but now i'll focus my attention on getting this done

Looks great! Plans on adding any electronics? Other than eye, arc, and repulser lights? I would love to see some sounds for repulsers, guns, or even walking, since he seems significantly heavier than Iron Man.

Last edited:
Looks great! Plans on adding any electronics? Other than eye, arc, and repulser lights? I would love to see some sounds for repulsers, guns, or even walking, since he seems significantly heavier than Iron Man.
i'm not very tech savvy aside from what you mentioned with basic eye,repulsor,etc set up but I would love to add something for the walking sounds and the canon as well. We'll see how ambitious i'm feeling after completing the remainder of the build to potentially add those. Thanks for the comments!

I understand. I am not very tech savvy either, that is why I am sticking to Daredevil! Maybe you can have manual stuff, or Maybe if you find a decent sized RC car you can gut the steering mechanism and remote for lifting the gun up and down.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back