Rey's Blaster Build in Aluminum (taking advantage of sale today on aluminum part)

Anakin Starkiller

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey guys,

Big Blue Saw is having a sale on .125" thick aluminum. And I've decided to take advantage of the deal to start my Rey blaster build in aluminum.

I'm basing my build off of Jedicharle's awesome 3d model
http://jedicharles.com/category/star-wars/

If anyone is interested in building on of their own, I don't mind freely sharing the dxf file that I used to order all the waterjet cut parts. With the sale, they came to aroudn $40.00

REDACTED

Last edited:
Hey guys,

Big Blue Saw is having a sale on .125" thick aluminum. And I've decided to take advantage of the deal to start my Rey blaster build in aluminum.

I'm basing my build off of Jedicharle's awesome 3d model
http://jedicharles.com/category/star-wars/

If anyone is interested in building on of their own, I don't mind freely sharing the dxf file that I used to order all the waterjet cut parts. With the sale, they came to aroudn $40.00

Here's the file.
http://www.filedropper.com/reyblue

Do you wanna make a run?I think its not better to wait for the 2000$ propshopversion!:lol

If they turn out well, and it's not prohibitively expensive to crank 'em out, I'd probably be interested. An all-metal pew-ey would be cool.

Thanks Dan, this is awesome. I have wanted to build an all metal Rey blaster for months, but my design skills are lacking.

Right now. I'm just making one for myself. A run is not out of the question, but I have to see how things go together first. And while I'm doing that, I thought I'd offer my prints to anyone else looking to make one of their own.

wicked cool dan, if you do a run in a couple months if be interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A heads up and obviously subjective but when i built mine all my measurements put the thin aluminum parts much closer to .080. You might want to get the thin parts cut out of .080 if your concerned with high accuracy.

Jesse

This is with .080 / 2mm
s2jesse_reys_blaster_weathered.jpg

s2jesse Magnificent work, but now you have to do one with "normal" tools in order to encourage (or at least not completely depress) mere mortals such as me. :)

@anakin, would you mind doing a progress build report as you go? Cheers. Really looking forward to seeing you make this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be super interested in one of these in metal too. I haven't seen anybody offering them at this point!

Oh and I want it not as Rey's gun, but as Han spare blaster! ;-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back