Rogue One Death Trooper 3D model

Traiturr

Update 2/9/2017:
-----------------
3D printing file updated! Buy it from CGTraders
- More accurate
- Easier to print and assemble via lego like teeth between adjacent parts that snap right into each other
- Ready for electronics installation with all the necessary holes for wiring and plenty of space inside
- Clean optimized wall thickness for durability
- Free slicing according to your print volume, just shoot me a PM!

View attachment 755992
View attachment 755993
View attachment 755997
View attachment 755995
View attachment 755996

V1 that it's based on:
View attachment 755998

Last edited:
Re: Rogue One Death Trooper Foam Build

Looking forward to this! I so want to build the entire armour, I wish there were just a bit more ref out there. Reference wise the muzzle detail is still pretty sketchy and nothing really in the way of a back view still. But good luck, this is a rad bucket design.
I dont know of a product that is both flexible and sandable but If you find one Im all ears!

Re: Rogue One Death Trooper CG&Foam Build

Armour 3D model WIP!
Screenshot_2016-06-26_19-11-28.png
Still missing parts and details, but as I'm building with foam, I'm keeping this lowpoly and without too much complicated segments. Also, the back part is done and is accurate (as it was shown in parts of the teaser) but I'm in a hurry at the moment to take a new screenshot.

First piece (chest plate) done! Quick 3d modelling > free hand
IMG_20160629_132558.jpg
Hopefully I can finish the whole thing in a few days.

Re: Rogue One Death Trooper Foam Build

Looking forward to this! I so want to build the entire armour, I wish there were just a bit more ref out there. Reference wise the muzzle detail is still pretty sketchy and nothing really in the way of a back view still. But good luck, this is a rad bucket design.
I dont know of a product that is both flexible and sandable but If you find one Im all ears!

Celebration Europe is doing a costume and prop exhibition from Rogue One in July so I'd imagine that there'll be lots of ref pics of this helmet very soon (I hope!).

The base armour is almost done, only the belt and some details are left to do
IMG_20160705_164209.jpg
And, I just begane sealing it, my first time sealing anything! Wood glue is doing a pretty amazing job, it dries clear, fills in seams, gives the foam a really nice smooth and reflective finish, and remains flexible. Posting pics soon.
About the CGI model, I won't publish it until there's enough data on the details this thing is packing. Also after I finish my armour :D

Last edited:

hydromatic93 Nice haha! That's the file I'm selling actually. I'll post the updated design soon on Onekura.

Last edited by a moderator:

Updated design progress!
untitled.png
So far I can confidentially claim that this is the most accurate design out there due to all the photogrammetery and camera matrix maths over multiple references. Will be up as a pep file one Onekura soon. A Smooth 3D printing version is planned as well as a foam template.

Looks much better then the last one, good work. On the original Onekura link it say you offer refunds on V1 if V2 is purchased, is that correct/alright? (So we basically pay the difference between the files). I realized my initial attempt may need too much work to complete to satisfaction, and am interested in V2.

Thanks Alex!

3D printing version progress!
3dpversion.png

As of right now, it's almost ready for test printing and publishing. Only the lower vent part needs a bit of correction according to the latest reference photos.

When will the files be availible?

Are u giong to make the armor files availible?

Seeing more of the new armor being revealed and seeing all the divets and grooves cut into them continues to lead me to believe the speaker vent in the rear of the Black Series TK helmet are visible in the film version of it as well. That's my theory. The Death Trooper posted above has similar vents/grooves on his chest piece. Very cool.

royal, I haven't worked on the armour as of now, I'll begin when I finish the 3DP version of the helmet.

MyBuddyBossk, Yeah haha, the amount of detail the new troopers are packing is incredible. Modelling nightmare!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back