Stranger Things (Netflix)

Spoilers I guess without crazy detail, but heres the warning.......

They know a lot of the stuff is rehashes of older stuff, when Lucas explains the history to Max she says its derivative. It doesn't take away from the characters or the story though. The character moments are superb. Hoppper and Eleven in the truck after she comes back might be the best moment in the whole show. Also monster FX are damn good. The demodogs were CGI i guess because the had to be? but even looking at them objectively I was totally convinced they were real. I don't know how they did it.

Last edited:
Not a bad second season but nowhere near the quality of season 1, i got a bad feeling the moment they decided to focus on the "other girl" with powers at the start of the first episode.

To me episode 7 was a complete throwaway episode that just did not belong.

I've got a bad feeling that the next season will be focused on other kids with powers and have nothing to do with the old gang/hawkings.

Too much rehash of S1, especially annoying was the whole crayon map in the Byers house and Joyce freaking out. Hopper's plan to lock a 13 year old girl in his cabin indefinitely was just poor writing and it came across as creepy as hell.

Too much rehash of S1, especially annoying was the whole crayon map in the Byers house and Joyce freaking out. Hopper's plan to lock a 13 year old girl in his cabin indefinitely was just poor writing and it came across as creepy as hell.

I didn't find find it creepy, especially considering we know Hopper's lost a daughter so he seems to be acting like a father to her, but I did find it a bit odd.

On the other hand, what other way could she have remained hidden?

I guess what I mean is, 1 or 2 months, sure, but when does it end? It's not a good life for Eleven who has been held prisoner her whole life, to be thrown into another situation where she can't leave. Then after so much trouble to keep her hidden, he casually strolls her by Dr. Owens and admits hiding her, while tying up his wound. This is the guy who runs the lab... it's just so ridiculous. Now we're supposed to believe that she can just live out in the open? If so, what's been the point of her living in a cabin for a year?

I think the whole point of Hopper keeping Eleven locked up was that, in trying to protect her, he just repeated the same mistakes her previous father figure made. Except Hopper learns from his mistake in the end. Thats his arc. And as far as the doctor, of course he's going to help Hopper and Jane. He kept saying the whole time that he wasn't like the previous people who ran the lab. He wasn't just saying that. He went out of his way to help multiple times. Do you think Dr. Brenner would have done any of those things?

Just finished S2. SPOILERS INCOMING.

Episode 7 was a terrible 'Wax on, wax off' session. I get it, El needed to learn how to better control her powers in order to beat the bad guy, but come on. The whole storyline of that group purging people was awful.

When El meets her mom, and they explained her ramblings and all that; WOW. I was mind-blown. It got me so ramped up, but was such a let down for me. I felt like they could have ended the season with El leaving to go find her sister, and any other children like her, and still have that final U/D sequence. Instead, they threw a random, almost filler episode in, and it just threw off the pacing for me.

Billy was great, but the relationship between him and Max seemed awkward. I honestly felt like he was sexually assaulting her the entire time behind the scenes, which would have explained why they were so weird together. Idk, just seemed weird, and not in a well-written story kind of way.

Whew, that was a lot of negative. Now, on with the positives!

Loved Steve this season. So glad they kept him on.

Dustin killed it, and even outshined Lucas in most scenes.

Max started off boring for me, but by the last episode I was hooked.

Bob was good. Wish he would have stuck it out longer.

Hopper was excellent. The cabin argument scene was INCREDIBLE. As a father, myself, I couldn't have imagined it going any other way, good or bad. Such a great chemistry between Hop and El.

Mike was Mike. Nothing new for me, but I loved that he called out to El every night.

Will was the victim.. again. Secretly hoped he would have sacrificed himself and been gone already.

Next season, please!

Last edited:
IMG_7210.JPG

Loved Season 2.

Also, I loved the little extra overlay they put on Netflix where it gives you the "Upside Down" version of the Netflix screen. Well done.

I gotta say, I felt pretty bad for finding Linnea Berthelson (Kali) attractive. So much so that I had to go verify her age. Turns out she's 24. Thank goodness. Bullet dodged.

I though the same thing! The wand looks like it made from a rubber band gun. Sorry it’s the prop builder in me

View attachment 770194

I think you nailed it. Im glad they made the proton packs low tech instead of going the easy route. You could see cardboard, foam and hand drawn gizmo's etc. The only small issue is they were constructed almost identically to each other with the exception of a few gauges. In the real world, each kid would have put them together a little different IE size/shape/color/accuracy and materials used.

Finished episode 5 last night. The story isnt as gripping as the first season but thats to be expected in a sequel.

Spoiler below......

The second the kid started scribbling page after page I thought, 'X Files nod here we come. They are going to make a collage of the drawings to make a bigger picture.'

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back