Stranger Things (Netflix)

I'm so excited to delve into this season tonight!

giphy.gif

I'm not going to be able to start season 2 until Saturday. Trying to avoid all spoilers until then!

Starting episode 5 now.
So far not really impressed.
No where near as good as the first season.

*edit = just finished ep 6. It's picking up :thumbsup

**edit = just finished ep 7. The end makes all the rest of this mess totally worth it.

Last edited:
Starting episode 5 now.
So far not really impressed.
No where near as good as the first season.

*edit = just finished ep 6. It's picking up :thumbsup

**edit = just finished ep 7. The end makes all the rest of this mess totally worth it.

I read it's a pretty slow burn this year but the payoff is worth it.

I'm watching now...

I'm only finishing up Episode 2, but so far it doesn't quite capture the feeling and relatability of the first season.

I like it. It just doesn't have as much magic as the first season did.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Okay, here's my non-spoiler review:

Overall, didn't like it.
It hit the right beats in certain places, and when it hit them it was terrific, but it wasn't what I wanted.
I wanted "The Empire Strikes Back", and they went straight for "Return of the Jedi".
I doubt I'll be watching this season again.
Season 1 is a fracking masterpiece, and I will definitely watch it again and again and again.
Unfortunately, they pulled a "Heroes: Season 2" on us, and I just really couldn't care less this time.
So much wasted potential...

So here's my spoiler review:

The second season should have been about the kids going full-on real-world D&D party and going into the Upside-down to save their friend, Eleven.
Instead, El was fine and was never really in any danger at all, and we got Will as the victim... again.
Ring any bells? "Let's rescue Han and get that out of the way so we can blow up the Death Star again".
Not what I wanted. Not even a little bit.
The character beats were all there... but the story didn't satisfy the hunger that season 1 gave me.
I wanted turkey with stuffing and all the trimmings... they gave me Chicken-in-a-biscuit and called it a meal.
View attachment 769356

Okay, here's my non-spoiler review:

Overall, didn't like it.
It hit the right beats in certain places, and when it hit them it was terrific, but it wasn't what I wanted.
I wanted "The Empire Strikes Back", and they went straight for "Return of the Jedi".
I doubt I'll be watching this season again.
Season 1 is a fracking masterpiece, and I will definitely watch it again and again and again.
Unfortunately, they pulled a "Heroes: Season 2" on us, and I just really couldn't care less this time.
So much wasted potential...

So here's my spoiler review:

The second season should have been about the kids going full-on real-world D&D party and going into the Upside-down to save their friend, Eleven.
Instead, El was fine and was never really in any danger at all, and we got Will as the victim... again.
Ring any bells? "Let's rescue Han and get that out of the way so we can blow up the Death Star again".
Not what I wanted. Not even a little bit.
The character beats were all there... but the story didn't satisfy the hunger that season 1 gave me.
I wanted turkey with stuffing and all the trimmings... they gave me Chicken-in-a-biscuit and called it a meal.
View attachment 769356

I'm only halfway through, but I respectfully disagree.

The first five episodes, to me, were fantastic in terms of...well...everything. Pacing, cinematography, story, acting...the works. I feel every aspect of it has been through the roof.

Could that change in the final few episodes?? I guess, but it would have to take a very serious nosedive for me.

Maybe my opinion is vastly different because I had zero expectations other than wanting a good story...I didn't want or expect anything in particular, other than for them to build on a solid foundation with another solid series of episodes...and thus far, to me, they've accomplished that in spades.

Last edited:
Just finished it. Wow! That was so good! I love how they made it a direct sequel to S1 rather than just having the same characters get into a new adventure. Its like all of S1 was a setup for this season. Can't wait for season 3, but I really hope they have an endgame mapped out for all this. If these kids keep getting into life threatening situations year after year thats going to get old real fast. Noticed a couple anachronisms here and there, but overall I think they did a good job making it look and feel like 1984. For me this was a really great follow up to S1.

Just started Episode 2...

Since it's a series... and a direct follow-on to the first season... why call it Stranger Things 2? And why reset the chaptering back to 1? They don't call each new season of other shows 2, 3, 4...

Anyway... back to watching.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back