Stranger Things (Netflix)

I honestly didn't think you could get something to play out as an 80s period piece the way they pulled it off in this show. There is A LOT that goes into making something feel that authentic, and they nailed it.

The show was emotional, nostalgic, clever, intense, funny, well-acted, well-written, paced right, and kept me wanting to know more. I don't know what more I could have wanted out of a show like this... other than more of it. I can't wait for a 2nd season.

Dustin, El, and Hopper were the big three that made this show for me. I loved the Hopper method of dealing with adverse situations. He was just a cool character, and I hope we can learn more about him next season. Dustin was the best! He is the one that REALLY unites the other characters, and he is funny to boot.

In a world of remakes and reboots, this is a show that figured out how to do nostalgia right and not be afraid to do something a little different. Creatively, they were able to step out into something new while sprinkling in nostalgic references, and I respect the hell out of that.

Last edited:
Yeah Hopper was great. I thought when he went off with the govt types in the car the next season would just be him in another town that has been having "weird" issues.

I didn't see anybody doing this comparison, but there's a bit of a Silent Hill feeling to me! Looks literally like if the upside down was just Silent Hill xD. Also the monster makes me think of a Clicker from The Last of Us, and the weeping bat from Silent Hill x)

The creators have mentioned Silent Hill in many interviews, so it was certainly intentional.

I didn't see anybody doing this comparison, but there's a bit of a Silent Hill feeling to me! Looks literally like if the upside down was just Silent Hill xD. Also the monster makes me think of a Clicker from The Last of Us, and the weeping bat from Silent Hill x)

Silent Hill does borrow heavily from the work of Stephen King, which show also borrows from, so it could be a double-sided reference (the show has a few. For example, though the kids the group working together to find their friend invokes E.T. And The Goonies, but it also invokes Stephen King's It and Dreamcatcher, as both stories involve kids facing a supernatural force).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yeah made me think of THE THING too xD

It's crazy how many films they got their inspirations from, although they managed to not fall into proper copies of them. It's really well balanced x)

Im sure you noticed The Thing poster referenced, its in the basement. :D Just started it yesterday and Im 6 episodes in. I freaking love this show. I cant wait until the end, the only thing that bothers me is Lucas. He is kind of a punkass that I want to hit. Who knows, he may redeem himself, I have 2 episodes left. Love the references, the music, the title card, everything about this show is glorious.

I actually did yes xD!

Also, the way the creature gets burnt in the final episode reminds me of how the Bennings-Thing was torched by MacReady (even the fire extinguisher coming in and being used reminded me of the kennel and medical room scenes).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, so I've watched this series more times than I'm proud to admit at this point. The more I watch it, the more I want season 2.

One of the things that becomes more and more clear: Millie Brown is going to be an absolute dynamite actress if this show is any indicator of her young talent. It's pretty crazy a kid her age can convey so much emotion with such little dialogue.

All of the cast does an amazing job, but Millie Brown is really next level.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back