Stranger Things (Netflix)

I was worried the show would lean too hard on eighties nostalgia. I was presently surprised to find that wasn't the case, despite all the nods and homages to so many films of that era.

Really looking forwards to season 2.

As a toy enthusiast myself, I'd rather them drop a more recent version of the Falcon like they did in the show (twice) instead of a real vintage one and risk damaging/destroying it. Seriously, I cringed both times when it dropped because I thought it was one of the vintage ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If that made you cringe, you'd have a heart attack if you saw what I've done to vintage SW toys!

If that made you cringe, you'd have a heart attack if you saw what I've done to vintage SW toys!

Well, if you mean what you've done with them in the past, like when you were a kid, that's okay (because those are long since damaged/gone, like many toys of youth). The reason why I was cringing was because of the fact that I was worried about a vintage toy being destroyed nowadays. To filmmakers, it's just a prop for a couple of scenes. To me, since I thought it was a vintage toy and not a recent one, I saw a valuable collectable being at risk of damage or destroyed.

So tell me, how many of you caught that the Falcon was the wrong release for the show? :)
If we are going to nitpick, that MGB in the junkyard background was in pretty poor shape for a car that would have been at most eight years old at the time.

When I saw Hopper driving a Pinto I thought, "They are going to rear end him and kill him."

Also, while watching this I saw at least three things from the "Things you are tired of seeing in movies" thread. Sneaking away and stepping on a twig, making a huge gash on your palm when you need blood, and getting nosebleeds from using mental powers.

269c5216-9a93-47d9-bb4e-c361d7dc4b5c.gif

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back