Stranger Things (Netflix)

STRANGERthings_VHSsteelberg-611x750.jpg

I heard great things, so I thought I'd watch the first episode to check it out. I was watching with my wife, so I figured one episode would do (she doesn't get hooked easily) and it was already getting close to bedtime...watched 6 episodes. Watched the 7th while eating breakfast and the last after dinner. Now we're both complaining that there aren't more!

Great series. Takes me back.

I thought this show was so awesome!. I missed the Falcon goof? Must've blinked.

Binged the whole series last night. We couldn't stop ourselves.

So tell me, how many of you caught that the Falcon was the wrong release for the show? :)

And when you get to the episode where they are in the forest with the deer, did anyone catch them following the blood trail that just stops? I made a comment to Bree about how Predator had not come out yet, so they didn't think to look up in the trees. I swear to god, no sooner than the words came out of my mouth there was the chitter sound effect of the Predator. That put such a goofy grin on my face :)

This show is like some crazy love child of Spielberg, Carpenter, King and a plethora of 80s greats all wrapped up into one show.

I'm totally down if they do a season 2, but the season ended perfectly for me and wrapped up almost all of my questions.

LOL the wife and I binged watched it on Saturday, thoroughly enjoyed it! If Netflix keeps bringing these kinds of shows on here besides the Marvel properties I'll keep them around.

The falcon used in the show is a newer generation one and not the 1977 version (same mold, but with some detailing tweaks here and there). It's a minor blip in an otherwise awesome series. Poor prop guy.

-Gary

I thought this show was so awesome!. I missed the Falcon goof? Must've blinked.

I was just saying I missed what episode it was in. lol

The falcon used in the show is a newer generation one and not the 1977 version (same mold, but with some detailing tweaks here and there). It's a minor blip in an otherwise awesome series. Poor prop guy.

-Gary

I will have to rewatch it sometime. It's hard to get immersed in shows anymore. since I have two small children. Constantly stopping I only see short sections at a time. I liked it overall though.

-Gary

As a toy enthusiast myself, I'd rather them drop a more recent version of the Falcon like they did in the show (twice) instead of a real vintage one and risk damaging/destroying it. Seriously, I cringed both times when it dropped because I thought it was one of the vintage ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will have to rewatch it sometime. It's hard to get immersed in shows anymore. since I have two small children. Constantly stopping I only see short sections at a time. I liked it overall though.
I understand your pain. I have a 2yo and 1yo, and they were both running around causing chaos while we were trying to watch it.

Between the one they used and 10 bucks at my local collectible toy store I could have pieced together a falcon that would have looked vintage enough that you would have REALLY cringed when it crashed :)

Finished it today, it didn't disappoint.

I've probably enjoyed this show more than an other in recent years.

I liked how they avoided a few of the cliches, like not going too 80's. A lot of period peices try to lay it on too thick.

El and Dustin, stand out stars of this for me. She goes from meek and vulnerable to serious badass with great finesse. And Dustin's just great, I wish he'd been my mate when I was a kid!!

I liked Hopper too, I really want to see him in more stuff.

They did a good job of wrapping it, there are cliffhangers that could be explored but no burning questions that may never be answered (Lost, I'm looking at you!)

In terms of a 2nd series I would worry that it could tired a bit quick, how much crazy can hit a small town in relatively short amount of time? It would be intersting if they went the Fargo route and did the same and surrounding characters at different points in time. But whatever they decide, I'm in, be there with bells on!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back