Bandai 1/72 PG Millennium Falcon (also the Revell Germany rebox)

Re: Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon

Lol, yep! Here's my AT-ST dealing some damage to an ewok. I'll get around to the Falcon this summer. Until then enjoying the amazing work on this thread.
bae96d82b96d952f541f6b8c41072e11.jpg
1b66d94b8a044a5803c907391f8ca336.jpg

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

That looks great! I haven't started mine yet looking forward to having some time. Been practicing on some of the smaller Bandai kits.

Would be happy to offer tips, advice, lessons learned for you.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

That looks great! I haven't started mine yet looking forward to having some time. Been practicing on some of the smaller Bandai kits.

The pipes on the kit are really annoying. The pipes have these little tabs that slot into the larger model, but once they're in place, you can still see the slots. You could get around this by filling in the slots and cutting off the tabs (one option). Also, there are lots of parts that connect in annoying ways, so I would suggest test fitting some of the larger pieces before gluing them.

The pipes on the kit are really annoying. The pipes have these little tabs that slot into the larger model, but once they're in place, you can still see the slots. You could get around this by filling in the slots and cutting off the tabs (one option). Also, there are lots of parts that connect in annoying ways, so I would suggest test fitting some of the larger pieces before gluing them.
I'll do that, thanks!

I experienced mostly the same. But by using Tamiya liquid cement and letting it melt a little in those areas, the gaps were ~80% taken care of and the other ones really not noticeable unless I pointed them out to you.

I finished the lower hull yesterday the way that I put decals on the painted surface. That means I was between heart attack and instruction in psychiatry.
Those decals got a serious problem with fitting. Or- I am simply unable managing it the right way. Does anybody has got some advice? Are there any secrets?
Any additional glue or something else . . . ( I am not talking about Bandai decals . . . )

I finished the lower hull yesterday the way that I put decals on the painted surface. That means I was between heart attack and instruction in psychiatry.
Those decals got a serious problem with fitting. Or- I am simply unable managing it the right way. Does anybody has got some advice? Are there any secrets?
Any additional glue or something else . . . ( I am not talking about Bandai decals . . . )
Try Tamiya Mark Fit. It usually helps a lot.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Try Tamiya Mark Fit. It usually helps a lot.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
I used Future Floor Wax (Johnson Floor Wax with Future Shine) for all the stencils and they worked great.

I painted all the major colors and panels.

Man, this is a fantastic kit, can't wait to get to mine...you did a fab job! :thumbsup
Almost there! All decals now applied. Final stage is to add all of those tiny dashed lines everywhere and do some final tweaking to the panel chipping.
My thanks to SteveTheSwede for doing such an incredible job on this awesome model.

View attachment 812291

View attachment 812292

Yes, the photo on the left is of the real 5ft studio scale model. Please remember that all of the incredible work is being done for me by my very talented friend SteveTheSwede.

I'm going to venture image one is from "the book", and the second is yours...absolutely superb work sir!:thumbsup

Whats up with all the “reefer” colors?

They may well have been. It was the 1970s.

But "reefer" is American railroad slang for a refrigerator boxcar. And Floquil brand colours were specifically designed for American model railroaders. Hence the railroady names - Caboose Red, Burlington Northern Green, Missouri Pacific Blue, Boxcar Red, etc etc.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back