Bandai 1/72 PG Millennium Falcon (also the Revell Germany rebox)

Re: Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon

I'll have to see if I can find one then, I completely forgot it existed. Isn't there a issue with the plastic formulation on it, where you need special paint because of the type? Everything I've seen for it used automotive paint, they couldn't just prime and paint the plastic.
It certainly seems to be a challenge. But it's been a total labour of love for people and I've seen some amazing work come out of that toy

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

I am building one and the plastic hasn't been a hassle at all. I did a quick couple coats of adhesion promoter followed by tamiya surface primer. Worked great! It's a really fun project to build! But does require more work than a kit as there are lots of missing sections that need to be scratch built in some way or another.

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

I must think about a possible 1/72 Bandai kit ever other day...

I'm still messing with my Legacy conversion, but if the 1/72 hits, I'll end up mothballing it.

I am building one and the plastic hasn't been a hassle at all. I did a quick couple coats of adhesion promoter followed by tamiya surface primer. Worked great! It's a really fun project to build! But does require more work than a kit as there are lots of missing sections that need to be scratch built in some way or another.

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

that adhesion promoter is great stuff! I actually first heard of it in a thread about the large toy falcon and I use it all the time now.

This is awesome news, John!!! (I'm a couple months late to the party, heheh) I'm a bit disappointed they didn't go for ANH 5-footer fidelity all the way, but still it would be an awesome kit! Those Wankel parts look bold and beautiful. I, too, will have to figure out how to evade the flak should a huge Falcon box find its way to the doorstep.

The topic came up on FaceBook of the scale of the FineMolds & Bandai Millennium Falcon kits,.....which one is right??

The Millennium Falcon is supposed to be 34.75m.....divide that by 144 & you get .2413 which equals 241.3mm.....which is roughly the size of the Bandai kit,....the FM kit is 215mm

It's also worth mentioning that FM's 1/72 Falcon (now repopped as Revell Master series) is 430mm,.....using the scale of the Bandai 1/144 & official scale,...the true measurement of 1/72 would be 482.6mm......so if the Bandai big bird is coming, it will be a bit beefier than the FM hockey puck

I hope this kit is on it's way

John

The topic came up on FaceBook of the scale of the FineMolds & Bandai Millennium Falcon kits,.....which one is right??

The Millennium Falcon is supposed to be 34.75m.....divide that by 144 & you get .2413 which equals 241.3mm.....which is roughly the size of the Bandai kit,....the FM kit is 215mm

It's also worth mentioning that FM's 1/72 Falcon (now repopped as Revell Master series) is 430mm,.....using the scale of the Bandai 1/144 & official scale,...the true measurement of 1/72 would be 482.6mm......so if the Bandai big bird is coming, it will be a bit beefier than the FM hockey puck

I hope this kit is on it's way

John

Damn......My Falcon is too small.......

No....not too small,...just a different scale perhaps?

The FM kits work out to be 1/81 & 1/162

J

My Falcon is about the same size/slightly larger than the MPC.....a pity......I was so certain I had managed to get it at true 1/72...

My Falcon is about the same size/slightly larger than the MPC.....a pity......I was so certain I had managed to get it at true 1/72...

Well if it's bigger than the MPC,....it's going in the right direction,.....How far off 483mm is it?

J

Yeah, I've been checking this thread every few days for it seems like months, lol. Definitely hope this sees light of day.

I'm so close to breaking down and finally buying a revell (fine molds) at this point but I'm really trying to hold out. I know the minute I pull the trigger the bandai will be announced. For everyone waiting on the bandai, paypal me 20 bucks, I'll use it all to buy a fine molds, and you guys can all pre-order the newly announced bandai kit the next day, cool?

(And I'll order it too!)

All it needs is a better stand and it'll be perfect!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back