Bandai 1/72 PG Millennium Falcon (also the Revell Germany rebox)

Re: Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon

I think I know the answer, but I'll ask anyway. It's about the current availability of this kit. Are people receiving it now because they ordered sooner? I have it on pre-order at amazon and it says it's an October 31 release or something like that? And then does Bandai actually have a schedule of release in spurts? If someone has it available now on ebay, is this just someone who preordered a bunch early on? Waiting for my nerdgasm to come in the mail.
Thanks,
Mike Todd

Mine was shipped to a Japanese home address. Export ones will be shipped later.

Are these kits available in Japan at stores? In stock? My son is there and might try to pick one up for me, is why I ask.

Are these kits available in Japan at stores? In stock? My son is there and might try to pick one up for me, is why I ask.

It is a special order item. I don't think it is in stores but what do I know, I'm in Florida.

I received my kit already, because I used a proxy service with an address in Japan. The service received the kit about 1-2 weeks ago, and mailed it to me immediately. So, the kits are available in Japan currently. However, I imagine that buyers who did not use a Japanese proxy service will receive their kits at the estimated dates instead. That said, if I had initially known that the kits would be available in the US, I would have just waited to buy one with the later October dates. It's not like I'm going to build my kit immediately.

I think I know the answer, but I'll ask anyway. It's about the current availability of this kit. Are people receiving it now because they ordered sooner? I have it on pre-order at amazon and it says it's an October 31 release or something like that? And then does Bandai actually have a schedule of release in spurts? If someone has it available now on ebay, is this just someone who preordered a bunch early on? Waiting for my nerdgasm to come in the mail.
Thanks,
Mike Todd
G'day Mike ,
not sure if I know the answer to that . I just posted what I did cause I'd read so many posts of people wanting to obtain one ( relatively ) easily from European countries .

openbox.jpg

Last edited:

Thanks,
Mike Todd

Currently the PG Falcon isn't available in stores in Japan. It's a premium order product from p-bandai which is online ordering only.

People who are receiving theirs outside of Japan managed to get one ordered through a middleman with the initial August release pre order. This closed pretty quickly back in June. Bandai opened another two preorder slots on the p-bandai site for a September and October release, Sept sold out quickly and October is still currently running.

North American (and I assume international) release is in October which is why Amazon says it ships late October.

Hope that helps.

Any word on wether this is a limited release or it will be available for the next few years etc?

To my knowledge, Bandai has not stated that the production of this kit is limited to a fixed number or a period. On the other hand, Bandai has not promised that this kit "will be available for the next few years" (as with any of their kits, for that matter). I suppose there won't be any "word" as such.

One thing to take into account is that this kit, in Japan, is sold exclusively through Bandai's online store.
Kits which have been sold this way rarely become "in stock." They usually become "sold out" when they stop taking preorders.
Kits need to be produced in substantial amount at a time for a factory-production-run to become cost efficient, and the cost of excessive production could easily outweigh the profit, especially if Bandai has to pay royalties to Disney upon the number produced rather than the number sold.

The way Bandai is distributing this kit suggests that Bandai shall try to keep on the safe side, more than their usual products, concerning the production of this kit.

I just bit the bullet and purchased. I can't believe I spent that much money on a plastic injection model... but I'm so excited.

Does anyone have any links to good reference pics? I saw some the other day but I can't find them now. Thanks.

I'm going to do two mods.
One is to install a prop-like mount point at the bottom gun port, to replace the kit stand with something else.
The other is to introduce external power supply to get rid of batteries, and in doing so, replace the engine lights with brighter LEDs.

I have mostly completed the latter.
- Kit LEDs versus high power LEDs:

P2030456rs.jpg

- Replaced all 6 kit engine LEDs with high power LEDs.
- Added 10 high power LEDs, keeping the surgery as simple and minimal as possible.
- Placed silver foils where it seemed effective. Applied silver to the translucent lighting plastic.

P2030457rS.jpg

- The result (exposure settings are the same):

P2030467RRs.jpg

The thick translucent lighting plastic included in the kit gives a unique sense of depth to the engine light, unlike thin diffuser sheets or bare LEDs.

P2030470RS.jpg

So if we were to use batteries, is the rear cover removable? I would hate it if I had to pull the entire hull apart to change out the batteries.

I'm going to do two mods.
One is to install a prop-like mount point at the bottom gun port, to replace the kit stand with something else.
The other is to introduce external power supply to get rid of batteries, and in doing so, replace the engine lights with brighter LEDs.

I have mostly completed the latter.
- Kit LEDs versus high power LEDs:

View attachment 759780

- Replaced all 6 kit engine LEDs with high power LEDs.
- Added 10 high power LEDs, keeping the surgery as simple and minimal as possible.
- Placed silver foils where it seemed effective. Applied silver to the translucent lighting plastic.

View attachment 759785

- The result (exposure settings are the same):

View attachment 759787

The thick translucent lighting plastic included in the kit gives a unique sense of depth to the engine light, unlike thin diffuser sheets or bare LEDs.

View attachment 759789

Lovely job Lab....a definite improvement,....I'm doing exactly the same with the DeAgo....camera mount on the lower turret,....external power & more powerful LED's

Looking forward to more pics

J

The top quarter plate, which holds the six fans, is removable just like on the prototype. Easy enough for battery swaps; a bit annoying just to turn on the lights.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back