Bandai 1/72 PG Millennium Falcon (also the Revell Germany rebox)

Re: Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon

That would be a God-send to a lot of our fellows here who did the standard. I think you're onto something bro. Mine is the deluxe so I got a sheet. but were you to crank out a decent decal sheet, you'd be everyone's new best friend :thumbsup
Just to share my thoughts for those who bought the Standard Version.

The decals included in this version basically its not a decal. Its a sticker. And waiting for a "Savior from the Gods of decals" is not an option. So.....

I'm planning to scan the stickers. Then do some cleaning up from photoshop. And finally print the scanned image to a plain decal sheet.

I hope this will be helpful for those who are planning to replace there decals. Not just for the falcon, but for other Bandai Star Wars models as well.​

Last edited by a moderator:

That would be a God-send to a lot of our fellows here who did the standard. I think you're onto something bro. Mine is the deluxe so I got a sheet. but were you to crank out a decent decal sheet, you'd be everyone's new best friend :thumbsup

Here you go... https://hlj.com/product/FNMDC-02

I use this before to put custom decals for my hard hat and mountain bike full face helmet.

Gentleman, the time is here, I just recieved a message from Tony 308...the ESB gear bays and legs are NOW on Shaeways! Mine are ordered already! YEE HAWW

Gentleman, the time is here, I just recieved a message from Tony 308...the ESB gear bays and legs are NOW on Shaeways! Mine are ordered already! YEE HAWW

I hope they are accurate, on the site Tony is saying "If you have a Banday Perfect Grade Falcon and you want to convert it into the 32" Falcon, you will need these two extra front landing gear bays

As you know the 32" Falcon has 5 landing gears, and the Perfect Grade, based on the 5 footer Falcon, has 3 landing gear legs."

I've messaged hin on fb

J

I have every confidence in Tony's parts and if some massaging is required, so be it. I was about to cast up replicas of his MPC bays and begin experimenting on how to adapt those, now I don't have to :thumbsup
I hope they are accurate, on the site Tony is saying "If you have a Banday Perfect Grade Falcon and you want to convert it into the 32" Falcon, you will need these two extra front landing gear bays

As you know the 32" Falcon has 5 landing gears, and the Perfect Grade, based on the 5 footer Falcon, has 3 landing gear legs."

I've messaged hin on fb

J

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure just yet, but I reckon it will be similar to what is done on the MPC's. I'm sure it'll be all good :thumbsup
What is your plan for the maintanance bays? Isn't there some surgery involved?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I have every confidence in Tony's parts and if some massaging is required, so be it. I was about to cast up replicas of his MPC bays and begin experimenting on how to adapt those, now I don't have to :thumbsup

I was speaking to him an hour ago,....he used the 1/144 dimensions & scaled them up,....so all should be good

Here's an image I made up a while ago of where to remove the panelling for the new maintenance bays

attachment.php
J

Attachments

• 5-footer Falcon Bottom View.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 1,110

Indeed, that's what he told me as well, worked out pretty good. We were a bit stumped for a while, and I sent him an image of the 1/144 and he's like...I got one! So like Tony said, the answer was right under our noses the whole time. That's your image? Would you believe I found that a while back and saved it to my phone cause I just knew it would come in handy. Awesome work Jaitea! Thanks!!! :thumbsup
I was speaking to him an hour ago,....he used the 1/144 dimensions & scaled them up,....so all should be good

Here's an image I made up a while ago of where to remove the panelling for the new maintenance bays

https://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=836352&d=1534104269J

Indeed, that's what he told me as well, worked out pretty good. We were a bit stumped for a while, and I sent him an image of the 1/144 and he's like...I got one! So like Tony said, the answer was right under our noses the whole time. That's your image? Would you believe I found that a while back and saved it to my phone cause I just knew it would come in handy. Awesome work Jaitea! Thanks!!! :thumbsup

Cool job.....Tony has updated his description

It's also worth bearing in mind that using the Bandai 1/144's info will give you the shape of the boxes, but there are differences between the two,....TFA &TLJ model has the boxes mirrored

J

Well fortunately for me, I'm not one of those guys that needs everything correct. as long as I get to an ESB configured Falcon, I'm in happy camp. Sure glad you have the maintenance well remapping. My last MPC did not receive that modification, but this one certainly will. Thanks Jaitea :thumbsup
Cool job.....Tony has updated his description

It's also worth bearing in mind that using the Bandai 1/144's info will give you the shape of the boxes, but there are differences between the two,....TFA &TLJ model has the boxes mirrored

J

I could be wrong, but I thought I saw those on Shapeways? Tony's stuff too...not that I've had a 1/350 though so I wouldn't have been looking for them, but thought I saw some :confused
Just a request:

I know this might be a bit bonkers, but could you do a scaled down set for the 1:350 Bandai?

710x528_19116654_10540185_1498838000.jpg
I think these be the ones

- - - Updated - - -

couldn't get the whole link to paste...ugh

- - - Updated - - -

though, it looks like you'd have to scratch your own doors

These dude I found on Shapeways are like dirt azz cheap...10-15 bucks. Then of course if you're going gear down, you need the legs too. Korban told me these kits were only 5-8 bucks to begin with, but I think he said he dropped a C note upgrading his. Gives me the chills :wacko
The 1/350 has been retooled to include the extra bays. Maybe find someone who wants to trade?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back