Bandai 1/72 PG Millennium Falcon (also the Revell Germany rebox)

Re: Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon

I will say this, it's really really inappropriate for that researcher to jump to "maybe she was a *****" just because her name is missing from a model. Would that have been what he imagined if it was a man's name? Doubt it.
He wasn't specifically saying "love affair". Also, I had the impression that he wasn't "imagining" this solely upon these scrapings. His research and presentation was focused on the individuals behind the model, as well as the model itself. I might also add, that this presentation was held at a casual fan meeting, not any official kind of event.

Hi guys. The scanning is coming slowly but surely as I have to do it after hours at work. Here is another (page 54). Hope to have another up later after I get home.

I thought my Falcon was done! Stop posting all these incredible new reference pics! Aaaaaahhh!!! :lol
The pics are greatly appreciated. I'm finding a few things I can tweak on my kit to make it look even better.

Wow, I'm so glad Superjedi is finding my scans useful. You are inspiring me to try to paint my own ESB Fett bucket. I have been keeping tabs of your paintups in preparation for my attempt. Thank you for sharing your stellar work, sir.

054.jpg

054.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

He wasn't specifically saying "love affair". Also, I had the impression that he wasn't "imagining" this solely upon these scrapings. His research and presentation was focused on the individuals behind the model, as well as the model itself. I might also add, that this presentation was held at a casual fan meeting, not any official kind of event.

Fair enough. Even in the case where he had specific knowledge, I think he could've said something like there were "personality conflicts between crew members" and left it at that. I dunno. I'm certainly guilty of saying boneheaded things to and about women over the years but I'm trying to do better. Having daughters certainly makes me think differently about things. Anyway, didn't bring it up as a criticism of you or anyone here. :cheers

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks and welcome gardensnome. Your timing is perfect. Work has just been completed on the underside of my PG Falcon hull (just the tiny squares, rectangles and decals to add) and now it's time to start the topside.
Really superb work by everyone on here!

Here's mine courtesy of the incredibly talented and patient StevetheSwede!

View attachment 797167

View attachment 797168

View attachment 797169

Wow! That damage on the docking ring is stellar! Me likey! :thumbsup

Hi guys. The scanning is coming slowly but surely as I have to do it after hours at work. Here is another (page 54). Hope to have another up later after I get home.

wow. thank you SO MUCH for doing this... thankfully i’m not going for the 100% accurate look... but the images are INVALUABLE to getting it as close as i want it!!

Wow, I'm so glad Superjedi is finding my scans useful. You are inspiring me to try to paint my own ESB Fett bucket. I have been keeping tabs of your paintups in preparation for my attempt. Thank you for sharing your stellar work, sir.

View attachment 797205

Really can't say it enough,....but thanks for this gardensnome

J

Last edited by a moderator:

To all who have thanked me, you're all very welcome. It's really just my small contribution to this great community. I also hope that this will entice you all to pick this book up for yourself. Even though it's a bit pricey, the quality of the book is well worth it. It's like they had the RPF specifically in mind when they decided to produce it.

Here are the last few for tonight. Hope to have more tomorrow.

055.jpg
056.jpg 057.jpg 058.jpg

At @gardensnome , wanted to add to the chorus of appreciation and thanks for taking the time and effort in providing these images mate .
Though I’m not building this particular model ( as yet ) , the details gleaned from them are tremendously helpful in my current Deago MF build , which is turning out to be a hybrid of both film versions !

:cheersGed

To all who have thanked me, you're all very welcome. It's really just my small contribution to this great community. I also hope that this will entice you all to pick this book up for yourself. Even though it's a bit pricey, . . .

. . . AND will stuck at German Custom for two months . . .

Hey, thanks! So you love the Falcon and Boba Fett?? My kind of guy! :D

This will sound arty-farty, but your painting shows just the right balance between boldness and restraint. Colors and details pop without anything being too dominant. It's really hard to be precise to the original while still retaining the rough authenticity that makes the Falcon seem real. You really nailed it.

Jeez, i never realized just how awful my Falcon looks when taking photos with the camera flash.
Uggh

f5dcc2bf79e7baa54617feb65eb94668.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely . . .
I confirm Hunk a Junk´s oppinion about Unes´ paintjob.
Especially the shading of the different grey-colour tones on the hull´s surface are very cautious.
For my taste the red tone is a little bit too much red, but that´s not the point.
I really like the panels´ yellow tone as it is agreeable muted. Amazing!
Well done Unes. I love your work.

AND: more HR scans with more details to discover.

Just realized I was wrong about the placement of the "Mary Lind" signature, so I can add that after all. I'm going to see if I can print the names fine enough on some decal film through a laser printer. It would be nice not to have to fake it with little blobs of paint, but it might come down to that since they're so so tiny. I also need to get some tiny screws for the places on the model where the screws are visible.

These are those little "I'll know it's there" things that makes my wife seriously contemplate divorce. :p

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back