Bandai 1/72 PG Millennium Falcon (also the Revell Germany rebox)

Re: Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon

Here is my submission for the MPC box art photo. It was a giant pain in the ass getting the lighting right. I can pick out 2 light sources. The depth of field and focal length was impossible due to the scale difference. Living the dream!
3X1A1325.jpg

Here is my submission for the MPC box art photo. It was a giant pain in the ass getting the lighting right. I can pick out 2 light sources. The depth of field and focal length was impossible due to the scale difference. Living the dream!
View attachment 780020

Someone get that Photoshopped onto the MPC box image, STAT!

That's gorgeous, K. 40 years in the making. Soak it in. :cheers

Someone get that Photoshopped onto the MPC box image, STAT!

That's gorgeous, K. 40 years in the making. Soak it in. :cheers
Hunk a Junk your the winner of positive/building others up award on this forum. Thanks for your constant positive feedback. It means a lot and the world can use more people like you. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

View attachment 780020
Mike, there is software that works with digital cameras that have auto focus that allows for multiple images to be taken with varying focal length (depth of focus) which then merges them into one beautiful fully in focus image. I've seen it in use but don't have it so can't make any specific recommendations. Duckduckgo time!
Regards, Robert

Breathtaking....your attention to detail is unbelievable
Such a fantastic paint job

John
Thanks Jaitea! That's a great compliment considering you are usually the one pointing out new things I've never noticed before. I've enjoyed every minute of studying the 5ft model and pouring over all the reference.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Here you go!

Outstanding! If I didn't know any better I might mistake those as actual reference photos for the 5 footer Falcon

Mike, there is software that works with digital cameras that have auto focus that allows for multiple images to be taken with varying focal length (depth of focus) which then merges them into one beautiful fully in focus image. I've seen it in use but don't have it so can't make any specific recommendations. Duckduckgo time!
Regards, Robert

Look up "image stacking" for the software. There are several freeware or shareware programs

Outstanding! If I didn't know any better I might mistake those as actual reference photos for the 5 footer Falcon

Look up "image stacking" for the software. There are several freeware or shareware programs
Thanks blakeh1. The old schooler in me never considered a post production process. I will give it a try.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Kokkari, Fabulous! I am in the process of placing the myriad decals now, I should still be at it by August, 2018! I am placing them with a high magnification Eye Loupe. But, when I look with my naked eye, I can hardly see most of them (some of them not at all!).

Looks INSANE kokkari!

You guys (kokkari, cap solo and merseajohn so far, I think) that have finished this already have each done fantastic jobs on the painting. I'd really love to hear some details on how you all achieved your finishes - they look so good! I think I have a pretty solid idea of how I'm approaching mine but I'm always interested in hearing about how others go about it, especially the masters posting in this thread. Any chance of that? I could literally read it all day :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back