Bandai 1/72 PG Millennium Falcon (also the Revell Germany rebox)

Re: Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon

Almost at the finish line.

5c81eeaa92d037b2e1796ae16f774210.jpg
81bf4e10034ca9ddd8f5a78c132f8b2c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stunning work! I have a few months before I can start mine (birthday present in storage). You all are inspirational in your builds. Thanks for all the WIP and completed pics[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Stunning work! I have a few months before I can start mine (birthday present in storage). You all are inspirational in your builds. Thanks for all the WIP and completed pics[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mine sat on my desk for about a month as well.

Made some progress this weekend. Worked on the cockpit tube, cone, and interior. The tube is a little more contrasty than I'd like, so I'll probably dust that down once I get the rest of the ship painted.
IMG_9242.jpgIMG_9246.jpgIMG_9248.jpgIMG_9250.jpg
The cockpit cone has been a pain in my rump. Getting the scratches right is a chore. When I'm painting them, it all seems so tiny and then I take a photo and compare it to the reference shots and I'm not as subtle as I'd like. I'll leave it for now and may come back to it later. And yeah, my grays bend more toward blue. I think that's partly due to the Badger grime I'm using. It is what it is.
IMG_9253.jpgIMG_9258.jpg

Also started work on the bottom hull. It's really easy to overdue the hull damage. Still need to add a ton of painted rectangles and squares.
IMG_9259.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Awesome! image 5 of the cockpit cone if VERY impressive. I was just looking on-line to see if that Japanese reference book was available anywhere else, possibly a bit less spendy. 150 is the best I saw but after the cheapest shipping it's still 192 when said and done. And then I thought...who need that book when we have your work to go by! :lol:thumbsup
Made some progress this weekend. Worked on the cockpit tube, cone, and interior. The tube is a little more contrasty than I'd like, so I'll probably dust that down once I get the rest of the ship painted.
View attachment 796849View attachment 796850View attachment 796851View attachment 796852
The cockpit cone has been a pain in my rump. Getting the scratches right is a chore. When I'm painting them, it all seems so tiny and then I take a photo and compare it to the reference shots and I'm not as subtle as I'd like. I'll leave it for now and may come back to it later. And yeah, my grays bend more toward blue. I think that's partly due to the Badger grime I'm using. It is what it is.
View attachment 796854View attachment 796855

Also started work on the bottom hull. It's really easy to overdue the hull damage. Still need to add a ton of painted rectangles and squares.
View attachment 796856

Thanks for looking!

Awesome! image 5 of the cockpit cone if VERY impressive. I was just looking on-line to see if that Japanese reference book was available anywhere else, possibly a bit less spendy. 150 is the best I saw but after the cheapest shipping it's still 192 when said and done. And then I thought...who need that book when we have your work to go by! :lol:thumbsup

Yeah man!

Lookin good!

I have a question, and please don’t bite my head off... but were the bits and bobs of the little black dashes and things added for Empire? Are the chronicle pics all of the empire Falcon??

Well, I read the description of the book on another site that was in English, and it said pics were from episodes IV, V, and VI so I'm guessing it's all in there. I'm an ESB fan myself. I don't do a Falcon build without the added landing gear...I just like that better.
I have a question, and please don’t bite my head off... but were the bits and bobs of the little black dashes and things added for Empire? Are the chronicle pics all of the empire Falcon??

Those tiny rectangles and squares were original to ANH. Aside from the added gear boxes and lighting effects added to the lower hull, the ILM guys mostly left the original paint job alone. There are some very minor greeblies added in places, but the dashes were always there.

- - - Updated - - -

Very kind, sir! I look at it and only see the flaws, so I appreciate the feedback. :cheers

Flaws? on the contrary, I thought my last MPC bird with ALL the aftermarket stuff, paint and weather was pretty good, well compared to the previous 4 anyway...but henceforth I will aspire to do the sort of work that you have done. I already know it won't come close, but you give others, myself included, the motivation to do better. We're fortunate to have you around to show us the way :thumbsup ...ok, that all the butt-kissing I'll do today :lol
Those tiny rectangles and squares were original to ANH. Aside from the added gear boxes and lighting effects added to the lower hull, the ILM guys mostly left the original paint job alone. There are some very minor greeblies added in places, but the dashes were always there.

- - - Updated - - -

Very kind, sir! I look at it and only see the flaws, so I appreciate the feedback. :cheers

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back