Bandai 1/72 PG Millennium Falcon (also the Revell Germany rebox)

Re: Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon

No problem, gt. Glad to help. I visit the site at least once a week to see if he has anything but I'm not in a rush, so it's not an issue for me that nothing's come out yet. I'm a ways off from building mine, too. I have a couple of other projects on the go that I have to wrap up first.

Thanks again for sharing these images @gardensnome :thumbsup .

Hoping to purchase this Chronicles book sometime in the future too , but I’m wondering is this all the images of the falcon to be found , or are there some of the 32” as well ?

:cheersGed

Yes, there are a few pages of the 32" Falcon in the book but nowhere near as many as the 5ft. I'll try to get them scanned for you sometime this week.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks gardensnome,...I hope you didn't damage the book to get these images,.....no distortion on the pages

John

I had to use both hands to push the book down on the binding edge to minimize the distortion as it was being scanned. I was concerned that it may damage the binding but it seems to be holding up so far. I've had a request for some of the other ships but I haven't decided yet if I will proceed with any more.

Awesome, thanks Pete. I'm still aways off from starting mine. Also waiting for Tony at 308 to work up the ESB gear boxes. I'm surprised Paragraphix didn't get to this sooner. Oh well as long as they're working on it. Thanks again my friend :thumbsup
great!.. that's what I'm waiting for the gear boxes... before I start mine ..to see what have to be done to install them.

Yes, there are a few pages of the 32" Falcon in the book but nowhere near as many as the 5ft. I'll try to get them scanned for you sometime this week.

gardensnome ,

Mate , that’s a very generous offer .

I’d rather not put you to the trouble , and certainly wasn’t expecting it . You’ve shared more than enough . Thank you .

I mentioned that I hope to purchase a copy myself in the future , and I was just wondering if it would contain photos / images of the 32” as well ? . Your reply that it does , is plenty impetus to continue saving up towards one .

:cheersGed

I hear that, I'm a strict ESB guy, love the extra landing gear. I wasn't going to even bother with the PG kit because of it. Then I realized I could probably mod the MPC parts to work...then it occurred to me that I could just ask Tony to work some up, as he has so many other things for so many of us. That Tony is aces, super dude.
great!.. that's what I'm waiting for the gear boxes... before I start mine ..to see what have to be done to install them.

Thank you very, very much for the amazing scans, gardensnome. They will come in handy when I do my build, very much appreciated. Thank you.

Is this piece used for anything later? It's warped slightly on my kit and makes the engine deck pop off when I test fit. I'd like to cut this off but I'm checking first. Advice?

U86BLtxh.jpg

Is this piece used for anything later? It's warped slightly on my kit and makes the engine deck pop off when I test fit. I'd like to cut this off but I'm checking first. Advice?

https://i.imgur.com/U86BLtxh.jpg

I'd leave it until you have the upper and lower hulls assembled and attached. Once everything is in place, you might not have a problem with engine deck. If you do still have a problem. I'm not sure cutting the support away will do anything. A better option (and it was described a few pages back) is to add magnets to hold the deck in place.

Many Thanky for the kind words guys. That makes me happy. :D

Im done with the upper hull. A month has now passed. Time for a short break.

Final picture:
img_20180226_070617_676s18.jpg

Thanks a lot again to lab. Without you i would not have known which color i take. :thumbsup

/Unes

Thanks a lot again to lab. Without you i would not have known which color i take. :thumbsup

/Unes

Thanks.
I am surprised as well as honored that my rattle can color scheme was of any help to your great work.

Close-up of the gorgeous weathering that paint maestro StevetheSwede has put onto this wonderful model for me. Thanks Steve!

Falcon-Construction.jpg

And now the little tiny squares and rectangles have been added to complete the ILM-style paintjob.

106-Falcon-Construction-260218.jpg

Attachments

• Falcon-Construction-260218.jpg
    Falcon-Construction-260218.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 152
Last edited:

Hey fellas....it just occurred to me that a PE set would be nice to have for this build, but I looked on Paragraphix site and don't see any. Who's got that, anyone?

thanks

Last November I asked both ParaGrafix and GreenStrawberry if they had any plans for PE sets and both said they hope to work/ release something in the 1st half of this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks for the info brother, I suppose I'll hold off starting this one for a while then, plenty of other stuff to do anyway. One would think they'd had that going by now huh...
Last November I asked both ParaGrafix and GreenStrawberry if they had any plans for PE sets and both said they hope to work/ release something in the 1st half of this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I thought this may be helpful to some. Here is a paint swatch I did to compare Tamiya AS-20 with Archive-X Reefer white. Both are painted onto black primer with a white strip for color balance. The black primer definitely makes the colors more grey.
Base Color Ref.jpg

I thought this may be helpful to some. Here is a paint swatch I did to compare Tamiya AS-20 with Archive-X Reefer white. Both are painted onto black primer with a white strip for color balance. The black primer definitely makes the colors more grey.
View attachment 798727

It should be noted the original 5 ft. Falcon was not painted Reefer White. It was painted Krylon Platinum Grey. So the AS-20 is a closer match. The 32 inch Falcon was according to some a mix of 50/50 Reefer White and Grime.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back