Bandai 1/72 PG Millennium Falcon (also the Revell Germany rebox)

Re: Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon

Well brother, most of us here know what you do, for us and the hobby and we appreciate your efforts cause we know you don't just do it for yourself or particularly the $$ You're a good dude :thumbsup

Thank you! Very kind.

Yes, designing 3D models isn't exactly the path to riches, that's for sure. I really doubt that Tony is lounging around an infinity pool in Spain that he funded with the massive profits of his model making work! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Micromark used to sell a machine to make your own photoetched parts....just a thought.

It's not super difficult to laser-print your own designs onto iron-on plastic sheets. These can be applied to thin brass sheets, and you can then etch your own models. It's essentially the same technology used for home-made printed circuit boards. However it's fiddly and tricky to get it perfect, especially at small sizes, so it does take time!

it's for the love of the hobby :thumbsup and good ole Tony, busy fella...I wish he'd get his other projects caught up and get to the ESB gear bays, etc. I've told a few other guys he was going to do it and now we're all chomping at the bit. :lol
I got myself an Anycubic a couple weeks ago but I haven't even taken it out of the box yet...quite frankly, I'm scared to :facepalm
Thank you! Very kind.

Yes, designing 3D models isn't exactly the path to riches, that's for sure. I really doubt that Tony is lounging around an infinity pool in Spain that he funded with the massive profits of his model making work! :)

- - - Updated - - -

It's not super difficult to laser-print your own designs onto iron-on plastic sheets. These can be applied to thin brass sheets, and you can then etch your own models. It's essentially the same technology used for home-made printed circuit boards. However it's fiddly and tricky to get it perfect, especially at small sizes, so it does take time!

The problem with fulfilling requests is, to be frank, people never seem to buy the thing you made! I've even had people ask me to model something, assuring me there's a massive audience of potential customers, and it never sells. Once the guy never even bought it himself! This is why I now only do models of things that are directly related to something I want myself, or something I think is really cool or interesting!

I can totally see that, and it's a good policy to have. I was actually surprised at the time I was looking for those that they weren't already available. I was going to just use the FUD ones I have for the MPC on the PG, but then I thought...you know, I should wait for the ones that are actually for the PG. And Tony and I had already collaborated on several other things for the MPC so naturally I reached out to him. he's been blindingly fast in the past. I asked him to do the entry corridor and hull interlocks for the MPC and BOOM, like 2 weeks...ready! but hey, he's got a lot on his plate right now and I'm confident that he'll get it done as soon as he's able to, and like you, he's a super guy. I'd love to get started on mine, but h3ll, I can wait, there's plenty to keep me busy with this diorama right now anyway. the other fellas that want them also, they're probably a little antsy :lol
The problem with fulfilling requests is, to be frank, people never seem to buy the thing you made! I've even had people ask me to model something, assuring me there's a massive audience of potential customers, and it never sells. Once the guy never even bought it himself! This is why I now only do models of things that are directly related to something I want myself, or something I think is really cool or interesting!

I can totally see that, and it's a good policy to have. I was actually surprised at the time I was looking for those that they weren't already available. I was going to just use the FUD ones I have for the MPC on the PG, but then I thought...you know, I should wait for the ones that are actually for the PG. And Tony and I had already collaborated on several other things for the MPC so naturally I reached out to him. he's been blindingly fast in the past. I asked him to do the entry corridor and hull interlocks for the MPC and BOOM, like 2 weeks...ready! but hey, he's got a lot on his plate right now and I'm confident that he'll get it done as soon as he's able to, and like you, he's a super guy. I'd love to get started on mine, but h3ll, I can wait, there's plenty to keep me busy with this diorama right now anyway. the other fellas that want them also, they're probably a little antsy :lol

Count me as antsy! lol... I need them for my next diorama... Luckily, the Slave 1 has me preoccupied for now.

Bandai's decals are crap anyway, so I'd really like to see an aftermarket option. And I have a request: anyone who has both the PG kit and the etch for the MPC, could you please compare them to see if the etched grills fit the PG?

Last edited:

I do, well I have the HH PE sheet...several actually. if you can give me a day or so i'll be happy to check it out.
Bandai's decals are crap anyway, so I'f really like to see an aftermarket option. And I have a request: anyone who has both the PG kit and the etch for the MPC, could you please compare them to see if the etched grills fit the PG?

I found the PE sets, but I was going to check the compatibility of the Starship Modeler engine grille for the MPC, to the PG as well, for Korban...those are being elusive shall we say. But I got 'em, just gotta find 'em. I'll make it all happen saturday fellas :thumbsup

- - - Updated - - -

I got more Falcon parts and kits...than Carter has liver pills :lol

But then I saw the question above about someone who actually bought the kit and wants decals and PE stuff. I don't question a branding/marketing issue, but I do question it as an issue of a product that has been purchased.

There might be a slight misunderstanding. Bandai makes it clear in the box as well as their website that the standard version contains "stickers." Deceiving people into buying the standard version by making them imagine that the kit contains decals and photo-etched parts is not their plan at all. They would not have named it "standard version" if they wanted to persuade people to buy it. They named it that way because they wanted to make it clear that their is a more deluxe version to look for and compare.

Also, Bandai knows very well that people who considers buying such expensive kit would want and expect decals, not sticker. That is why they excluded the decals from the standard version; to let the people see the attractive sprues inside the box with their own eyes, but at the same time, avoid making them purchase the kit from their local retailers and to lure them to buy from Bandai's online store.

If there is something strange within the chain, it is the import distributor who would want to sell the standard version outside of Japan.

Last edited:

Truer words have not been spoken. Someone out there will fill the void, of that I'm certain. it's just the freakin' waiting, right? :angry
This should be the last word on the issue. You open up any random kit and don’t cry if there’s no electronics or photo etch. But you expect decals.

Truer words have not been spoken. Someone out there will fill the void, of that I'm certain. it's just the freakin' waiting, right? :angry

Waiting is always the worst part! I tracked the shipment of my PG Falcon (standard version :( ) at least 4 times a day...lol... And now it's just sitting in my hobby room...waiting...

:lol I do the exact same thing! I ordered that big AT-AT that Blakeh has, checked the tracking, etc. Then when it came I checked it all out, got the modification specs from Blakeh...and then put it in the closet:lol But, when I'm ready, it's ready. That one is going to be really fun. I enjoyed the Bandai 1/144 a coworker gave me, the lighting was definitely a challenge, but the big dog will be able to do so much more with. Sound module, lights, flickering FO in the gun barrels, it's gonna be smokin'!!
Waiting is always the worst part! I tracked the shipment of my PG Falcon (standard version :( ) at least 4 times a day...lol... And now it's just sitting in my hobby room...waiting...

- - - Updated - - -

As far as your PG, you just need the decals and Tony's ESB gear huh

Hey Y'all, just curious, what does the standard edition have in the way of engine exhaust grill covers?

...i thought the PG has a white clear part and the standard edition a blue one...?

You're talking about the engine part which is the same in both editions. The question was regarding the exhaust fan grill covers. The standard version only has the injection molded ones while the special edition has the photo-etched parts.

So what's the concesus on the necessity of this part? I've scanned through the instructions and don't see anything that sits on it. Is it just for the structural integrity of the top hull piece? If so, I think I'm going to remove it. I need to fit lots of battery packs in here...

. 69FB97E1-D597-40A1-ABB5-B6FE921691E3.jpeg

Yeah. It strengthens the top. I had to cut holes in mine in order to install electric motors for the fan blades.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back